What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Minnesota at Philadelphia** (-2.5) (50) Game 2 of the Monday Night Doubleheader!!! 8:30 Kickoff (1 Viewer)

Eagles fans with some SKOL Chants btw. Can we just chant FOLES again and remind them a back up QB kicked their asses? Is it 35 past 7 yet

this is one of those games where the final score won't really do the game justice. Eagles have dominated since the 1st drive, and Minnesota really hasn't offered much resistance out of one drive

I get the Eagles dominated but we didn't score in the second half. Not sure if that was the play calling or execution. Still something to improve. One more score and this game is not even a sweat.

I get the Eagles dominated but we didn't score in the second half. Not sure if that was the play calling or execution. Still something to improve. One more score and this game is not even a sweat.

Drives that 1) took up time, and b) stalled with penalties. First two possession (1 by each team) took almost the whole 3rd quarter. Of course there was the INT as well.

Troy Aikman brings up the point I'm concerned about the most. Can Hurts do what he did tonight consistently? Last year he didn't beat 1 team over .5OO by the end of the season besides an injured Saints team who were by the end 1 game over .5OO. Consistency is the thing for Hurts. I just don't think he can do it though. Prove me wrong Hurts

That’s brutal. What a horrible loss. 3 point loss. Jefferson with 10 points.

Kirk Cousins sucks. MIN’s play calling sucks.

nfl teams loving putting their starters in jeopardy in garbage teams

This isn't pee wee you play your guys till the end. If the other team took their starters out in the 4th QTR of a game I'd look at that as a bigger insult then them keeping the starters in and scoring. Don't want them to score then stop them.

this is one of those games where the final score won't really do the game justice. Eagles have dominated since the 1st drive, and Minnesota really hasn't offered much resistance out of one drive

Probably should've had another 2 scores with the way the game went. Slay had one of his drops that could've been a pick 6 for him too. Vikings should've lost by 3O at the least instead of 17.

I know it won't be something talked about but we didn't score 1 point the whole 2nd half. Didn't need to tonight but thats a bit concerning to a degree. Keep the foot on the pedal and go for the throat.

Troy Aikman brings up the point I'm concerned about the most. Can Hurts do what he did tonight consistently? Last year he didn't beat 1 team over .5OO by the end of the season besides an injured Saints team who were by the end 1 game over .5OO. Consistency is the thing for Hurts. I just don't think he can do it though. Prove me wrong Hurts
lol. You've said Jalen Hurts is a running back and not a QB. So much hate.

I know it won't be something talked about but we didn't score 1 point the whole 2nd half. Didn't need to tonight but thats a bit concerning to a degree. Keep the foot on the pedal and go for the throat.
it's the first thing Jalen said in his interview after the game

Thought that at first, but when you look at the individual drives...it wasn't really so bad. They killed a lot of clock, and did have a FG blocked. Offense wasn't explosive in the second half, and perhaps was a hair too conservative, but as well as the D was playing I don't have a problem with playing it just a hair safer like they did. Overall a terrific effort on both sides of the ball

That’s brutal. What a horrible loss. 3 point loss. Jefferson with 10 points.

Kirk Cousins sucks. MIN’s play calling sucks.
In my auction league, the Jefferson owner lost by 0.2.
That's nothing....in one league right now I have a win by 0.05. He had Josh Allen and Aj Brown playing tonight
Ya that's lucky. Josh plays one more series and you lose! Hopefully not stat correction.

Thought that at first, but when you look at the individual drives...it wasn't really so bad. They killed a lot of clock, and did have a FG blocked. Offense wasn't explosive in the second half, and perhaps was a hair too conservative, but as well as the D was playing I don't have a problem with playing it just a hair safer like they did. Overall a terrific effort on both sides of the ball

My issue is we aren't having a game like that every week. My biggest worry was Minny played a soft non aggressive defense most of the night. It was like watching a big 12 defense or lack there of. We didn't face any pressure all night, receivers had like 1O yards of cushion pre snap and were wide open all night. I wasn't a fan of the 1 throw to Brown late in the first half. Both DB's looked lazy on the lay and felt Hurts could've thrown it with some more mustard and I'm not talking 1OOOMPH either just a little more zip. Thats a pass with a more aggressive defense gets picked off and headed the other way on a house call with a more aggressive defense.

Now some of tonight was on Sirianni's offensive play calling which schemes guys open. And Jalen took advantage of what the defense gave him which is what you want from a QB. It was a good performance but lets cool the breaks a little here. Minny looked disinterested all game besides Harrison Smith being out there. Eagles didn't face much in pressure.. The offensive line pretty much bullied every guy they touched with a purple hat on out there.

We took advantage but I want to see more aggression in a game like this in the 2nd half. I want a Bills the score statement win style. They play a much more aggressive D next week. My next biggest concern is can Hurts put performances like that up consistently? I'd like to see more passing TDs then running TDs from my QB though. I'm really not asking a whole lot here just consistency. Sorry if I'm not the guy who's going to blow roses and sunshine up people's asses after a win. I'm not a homer. I'm going to be critical where it should be and praise where it should go.

it's the first thing Jalen said in his interview after the game

And thats what I like about him there. I know if I mention it or someone else does else where there's going to be fans having the panties in a bunch but the man himself even thinking what I was here. However I want more action done about that and less talk room everyone

lol. You've said Jalen Hurts is a running back and not a QB. So much hate.

He's basically Lamar Jackson without the speed. One read QBs take off first sign of trouble. Minny didn't really play aggressive all night. It was typical pitch and catch out there Big12 style.

The Vikings have an ego problem. The coach wants to force Jefferson to be the next Kupp and the entire offense is suffering. Cousins doesn't even look at anyone other than Jefferson.
Until they spread it around more, they will continue to be anemic on offense.

Users who are viewing this thread