What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Minnesota Sports Fans - Who Has It Worse Than Them? (1 Viewer)

General Malaise

Footballguy
Alright, let's get this out of the way first - Minnesota will always have the World Series crowns from 1987 and 1991. And that's that. They had some spasms of success in the aughts but really squandered the best years of Johan Santana and Francisco Liriano.

Vikings - 0-4 in Super Bowls and despite having one of the best NFL teams I've ever seen in 1998 lost in the NFC Championship when their kicker (Gary Anderson) missed his first and only kick of the season that would have put them in the Super Bowl. I guarantee they would have fared better than the Falcons did. Beyond that, it's the epitome of mediocrity. Early playoff exits, milquetoast QBs and an inability to ride one of the best RBs in the history of the NFL to the mountaintop.

Timberwolves - Fans celebrated their play-in game victory last year like they won the championship. Never could capitalize on Kevin Garnett. An expansion team that still feels like one 30 years later from the outside looking in.

NHL - Lost the North Stars to Dallas (who won the franchises first and only Stanley Cup) then got an expansion team in 2000 that hasn't exactly lit the ice on fire.

I cannot think of another fan base that's had more disappointment than Minnesota. If you disagree, state your case.

Cleveland fan says hold my beer?
I think it's worse to actually have hope (0-4 in Super Bowls, 1998, 2009 etc) and get kicked in the nuggets than just being hopeless. I am speaking only from the Viking fan perspective rather than the entire Minnesota experience.

montana doesnt need professional sports or even college sports because it is montana and is basically the last best place left in the lower 48 it has mountains rivers trout and is basically one big beautiful piece of art conversely minnesota is basically like a big turd of a state that should be bulldozed into a giant bass fishin hole so that the good people of the dakotas and iowa have something to do and so that the mudducks stop coming over to wisconsin all the time so anyhow the point is that the people of minnesota need something anyhting to make thier lives better and what they get is old bert the schnitzel slinger throwing interceptions and somehow hurting them more when he was a viking than when he was a packer so i am with you all no one has it worse than minnesota take that to the bank brohans

oh yeah but they do have that great baseball stadium that they cheaped out on if they liked it then they shoulda put a roof on it so instead even though they have a perfect venue right downtown the first two or three months of the season its miserable to go there because they cant close the roof they dont have great thinking and design on that one take that to the bank bromigos

montana doesnt need professional sports or even college sports because it is montana and is basically the last best place left in the lower 48 it has mountains rivers trout and is basically one big beautiful piece of art conversely minnesota is basically like a big turd of a state that should be bulldozed into a giant bass fishin hole so that the good people of the dakotas and iowa have something to do and so that the mudducks stop coming over to wisconsin all the time so anyhow the point is that the people of minnesota need something anyhting to make thier lives better and what they get is old bert the schnitzel slinger throwing interceptions and somehow hurting them more when he was a viking than when he was a packer so i am with you all no one has it worse than minnesota take that to the bank brohans
So, just out of curiosity, how do you REALLY feel about Minnesota? Did Prince piss in your Cheerios?

:lmao:

I have never met a person from Minnesota that I didn't like. Salt of the earth, genuine nice folks in Minnesota. You gotta agree to that, right brachotaco?

Buffalo, Cincinnati, San Diego have all gone longer without a major league championship.

Sure, but these are one or two horse towns. Minnesota is dealing with all four majors being in prolonged droughts. Plus, Bengals are going to win 3-4 Super Bowls with Burrow.

man i agree minnesotans are good people they just cant catch a break and they need one with everything they have against them look im with you but one thing i am sure of is that every minnesota drivers ed course must teach them to do exactly the speed limit in the fast lane and never speed up or move over if i was a cop i would arrest like 90 percent of the st paul crowd for impeding traffic it would also be awesome and the best thing of all is that no minnesotan would ever try to get away they would just pull over and do that whole minnesota confused thing like they just cant imagine why anyone would be mad that they were doing exactly the speed limit its great take that to the bank brohans

i do really like ole and sven jokes though for real they get me laughing pretty hard take that to the bank bromigos

finally prince was a national treasure and i maintain of the greatest guitar players of all time although incredibly underrated in that respect so who knows maybe he was actually born in waukesha wi guitar town usa take that to the bank brochachos

i do really like ole and sven jokes though for real they get me laughing pretty hard take that to the bank bromigos
Ole was vacationing at a bar in West Fargo when a guy bet him a beer he couldn't solve a riddle. Ole took him up on it so the guy says "My mother had a baby that wasn't my sister or my brother... So who was it?" Ole sat there thinking and thinking and finally gives up. So the guy says "Me ya stoopid - buy me a beer!" Ole says, "Yah, dat's a good one!" and can't wait to pull the same deal on Sven .

So when Ole got home and was next time at the bar with Sven he bets him a beer he couldn't solve a riddle. Sven took him up on it so Ole says "My mother had a baby that vasn't my sister or my brother... So who vas it?" Sven sat there thinking and thinking and finally gives up. So Ole says "Vell, I guess it vas some guy in Vest Fargo - buy me a beer!"

Buffalo, Cincinnati, San Diego have all gone longer without a major league championship.

Sure, but these are one or two horse towns. Minnesota is dealing with all four majors being in prolonged droughts. Plus, Bengals are going to win 3-4 Super Bowls with Burrow.
How do we know that Burrow is not the Dan Marino of his generation? Having Mahomes, Allen and Herbert in the same conference does not make the path easy.

How do we know that Burrow is not the Dan Marino of his generation? Having Mahomes, Allen and Herbert in the same conference does not make the path easy.

Mahomes needed the refs to beat Burrow this year. Borrow has already accomplished more than Herbert and Allen. He's also 10x the IQ of Marino.

land of 10000 lakes man wisconsin has like 20000 see this is what i mean even the thing the state tells the people its good at its only like the fourth best at the good people of minnesota just need a win take that to the bank brochachos

Ole and Lena were at a Norwegian wedding and the bridal party was pretty plainly attired.

Ole leaned over and asked Lena, "How can you tell vich vun is da bride?"

Lena replied, "Oh dat's simple... At da Norvegian vedding, da bride is alvays da vun vit da braided armpit hair. "

man i agree minnesotans are good people they just cant catch a break and they need one with everything they have against them look im with you but one thing i am sure of is that every minnesota drivers ed course must teach them to do exactly the speed limit in the fast lane and never speed up or move over if i was a cop i would arrest like 90 percent of the st paul crowd for impeding traffic it would also be awesome and the best thing of all is that no minnesotan would ever try to get away they would just pull over and do that whole minnesota confused thing like they just cant imagine why anyone would be mad that they were doing exactly the speed limit its great take that to the bank brohans
Wrongo!!! That's Iowa, friend.

Wrongo!!! That's Iowa, friend.
let me guess you are from minnesota my experience with iowa drivers is that you cant keep up with them take that to the bank brohans

I still think last year's Bills-Vikings game was the Platonic form of exactly what you would expect if the Bills and Vikings took the field together.
That would have been the quintessential Super Bowl matchup ending for those two teams but since they may never get there again sports gods had to resort to a regular season game.

If we are going entire history, I think Minnesota wins pretty easily. If we go more recent, then Michigan is the winner. We haven't had a playoff win, not series, just a single win in like 7 years.
Lions, Pistons, Wings and Tigers the last 5 years is pretty grim.

Also UM lost a playoff game to a team who then lost their subsequent playoff game by literally 60.

If we are going entire history, I think Minnesota wins pretty easily. If we go more recent, then Michigan is the winner. We haven't had a playoff win, not series, just a single win in like 7 years.

Also UM lost a playoff game to a team who then lost their subsequent playoff game by literally 60.

Yeah, okay.....but you can rest on the Pistons/Wings success for quite some time. We were all alive and making babies during the Wings' dominance and it's not like the Pistons last won when TVs were in black and white.

San Diego doesn't count. If they truly cared, they would still have an NFL team and an NBA team. But they don't. When it's 76 degrees and your football team gets creamed by the Niners in the Super Bowl, you go out and play tennis. In Minnesota, you can't do anything but be upset about it until spring.

I do kinda hope the Padres have bought themselves a world series this year.

Yeah, okay.....but you can rest on the Pistons/Wings success for quite some time. We were all alive and making babies during the Wings' dominance and it's not like the Pistons last won when TVs were in black and white.
Very true, but also, Lions

:lmao:

I have never met a person from Minnesota that I didn't like. Salt of the earth, genuine nice folks in Minnesota. You gotta agree to that, right brachotaco?

Depends, was in Minny last year for a conference. People hanging downtown around the hotels were not exactly the salt of the earth types.

**** you.

Though, I should say that I'm more of a Mets fan than a Twins fan and more of a Maple Leafs fan that a Wild fan. Because those franchises are sooo much better. :bag:

Users who are viewing this thread