What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Minnesota Vikings @ Philadelphia Eagles (1 Viewer)

Who do you think will win?

• Vikings

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eagles

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Third game in a row on the road for Minnesota, and outdoors, where they have something like 3 wins in the last 20 something games.

Green Bay committed FOUR turnovers, and somehow were still in the game in the 4th quarter. A good team is winning by three td's and has the game in hand in the fourth.

Minnesota has a chance to get a back-door cover, but the outcome will be well decided.

And besides, Boomer Esiason says Philly is the lock to win their game this week. :hophead:

BTW who did the Eagles get those 13 wins from? 2 from the Giants. 2 from Dallas. 2 from Washington. 1 from Lions, Bears and Browns. You complain about the Vikings almost losing to the Lions and losing to the Redskins, why not also mention that 9 of the Eagles 13 wins came from that group of teams? When they played the Redskins in Washington, they only won by 3 points. They needed OT to beat the Browns.
Did the Vikes play NYG? What was the score?Did the Vikes play Dallas? What was the score?Did the Vikes play Washinton? What was the score?Did The Vikes play the Browns? What was the score?...Did the Vikes play Philly? What was the score?All we are trying to say is Philly has the better team and should win.

BTW who did the Eagles get those 13 wins from? 2 from the Giants. 2 from Dallas. 2 from Washington. 1 from Lions, Bears and Browns. You complain about the Vikings almost losing to the Lions and losing to the Redskins, why not also mention that 9 of the Eagles 13 wins came from that group of teams? When they played the Redskins in Washington, they only won by 3 points. They needed OT to beat the Browns.
Did the Vikes play NYG? What was the score?Did the Vikes play Dallas? What was the score?Did the Vikes play Washinton? What was the score?Did The Vikes play the Browns? What was the score?...Did the Vikes play Philly? What was the score?All we are trying to say is Philly has the better team and should win.
Yeah, like I said, the Vikings underachieved in the regular season. If you can't recognize the difference between the team that lost to Washington and the one that beat the Packers, you aren't looking very hard.When I brought up the teams the Eagles played, it was to illustrate that they aren't this unbeatable juggernaut. The Vikings played them tough when they had TO, why should we expect this game to be any different? So many people seem to be saying that this will be a blowout. Why?

The Vikings played them tough when they had TO, why should we expect this game to be any different? So many people seem to be saying that this will be a blowout. Why?
How different is the Eagles defense from that week 2 matchup? How much better is it? A LOT! The only thing I cant get away from is what Cappy brough up about Min not being able to beat Was in a must win for them. Min is better than Was, though they couldnt pull it together.Ill leave it with this, Phi is better than Min. Philly should beat Min.

Yeah, like I said, the Vikings underachieved in the regular season. If you can't recognize the difference between the team that lost to Washington and the one that beat the Packers, you aren't looking very hard.
How much can a team change in a week? Sometimes teams just get lucky. The Dolphins beat the Pats this year, but nobody was saying how they should be contenders next year after the victory. They chalked it up to luck.Likewise Minn somehow managed to get 4 INTs. This is how they won the game. Any team that gets that many turnovers should easily win and yet it was still a close game. And don't forget that the Vikings also surrendered 21 points to Washington in a must win game. That was only the 3rd time all season that Washington broke the 20 point barrior. Think how many point Philly will put up against that.

The Vikings played them tough when they had TO, why should we expect this game to be any different? So many people seem to be saying that this will be a blowout. Why?
I don't understand the "Vikings played Philly tough" thinking. The score was 24-9 with 3:30 minutes left to play when Moss caught a meaningless TD (their only trip to the endzone of the game).

From the eagles message board

ok you want "legitmate smack" this is why the vikes will lose on sunday:

reason one: your coach is an idiot.

reason two: the only weekness we might have on the defense is our run defense. tice has no commitment to the run and moss won't let him hand the ball off everyother down.

reason three: the only thing your team has better than the eagles is a passing game. we might have one of the best pass defenses in the league.

reason four: when cpepper sees that none of his WRs are open he will try to run. kearse will be spying him just about all game from the joker position. this will lead to fumbles from cpepper resulting in turnovers.

reason five: eagles have far better ST. there is nothing you can say about that.

reason six: the only strength your defense has is the DL. we won't be running that much. your LBs, on the other hand, are garbage. there will be many mismatches and too much focus on Bwest, that L.J. will be open most of the day. there is no one that the vikings can match up on him with chavous being out and your LBs just being god awful.

reason seven: lots of different blitzes= more turnovers from cpepper.

reason eight: the eagles have had lots of rest and time to prepare for the game.

reason nine: and the most important reason of them all.........

Eagle Image

If you can't recognize the difference between the team that lost to Washington and the one that beat the Packers, you aren't looking very hard.
I can recognize the difference. The Vikes fold up against teams that'll play tough defense (Washington) but thrive against a crappy defense (GB). I'm willing to bet that the Eagles are a lot closer to Wash in terms of their defense than they are to GB.

If you can't recognize the difference between the team that lost to Washington and the one that beat the Packers, you aren't looking very hard.
I can recognize the difference. The Vikes fold up against teams that'll play tough defense (Washington) but thrive against a crappy defense (GB). I'm willing to bet that the Eagles are a lot closer to Wash in terms of their defense than they are to GB.
I'm confused, how does that have anything to do with how the defense plays?

Lets look at the coaching matchupAndy Reid and crew vs Mike Tice and crew :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: I think this says it all
Yes,Andy and the Pandies have won so many more titles than Tice and his Mice.When will Eagle fans realize Andy is NOT a big game coach? He's predictable and his adjustmenst at halftime are not well adjusted. The Eagles should handle Minny this week but if the Falcons come calling next week,be afraid,be very afraid.

Yeah, like I said, the Vikings underachieved in the regular season. If you can't recognize the difference between the team that lost to Washington and the one that beat the Packers, you aren't looking very hard.
How much can a team change in a week? Sometimes teams just get lucky. The Dolphins beat the Pats this year, but nobody was saying how they should be contenders next year after the victory. They chalked it up to luck.Likewise Minn somehow managed to get 4 INTs. This is how they won the game. Any team that gets that many turnovers should easily win and yet it was still a close game. And don't forget that the Vikings also surrendered 21 points to Washington in a must win game. That was only the 3rd time all season that Washington broke the 20 point barrior. Think how many point Philly will put up against that.
How much can a team change in one week? I don't know, the last two years I've seen a Vikings team fall to pieces in week (against the Giants both times) after starting 6-0 and 5-1.All I'm saying is that the Vikings have a chance to win the team. Not that I think they should win the game or that I expect them to win the game. Some people are giving them no chance based on their regular season record.

Quit living in the past!!! Prior games, especially 4 months ago, mean squat right now chief. If the Vikes come out hot, Philly could be in trouble. If they don't Philly should win. Watch out for Wiggins and Burleson this game. I think those 2 will make or break the Vikes this week. If the Philly rush D is strong C-pep will be dumping a lot of passes off to Wiggins. Have you seen how big and strong he is?

The Vikings played them tough when they had TO, why should we expect this game to be any different?  So many people seem to be saying that this will be a blowout.  Why?
I don't understand the "Vikings played Philly tough" thinking. The score was 24-9 with 3:30 minutes left to play when Moss caught a meaningless TD (their only trip to the endzone of the game).
I'm guessing you didn't watch that game then.#1 TO TD that wasn't. That's at least 4 points off the board.#2 The Vikings suffered through Adam Haayer playing RT which led to constant pressure on Culpepper from that side.#3 Redzone ineffeciency. At least twice the Vikings got in the redzone only to get costly holding penelties. They had it inside the 2 yard line twice and only got 3 points.Let's just review the Vikings drives against the Eagles D:8 plays 50 yards to Philly 24 (Anderson FG)14 plays 65 yards to Philly 1 (Anderson FG)3 plays 0 yards (Punt)10 plays 55 yards to Philly 1 (Culpepper Fumble)12 plays 59 yards to Philly 11 (Anderson FG)14 plays 56 yards to Philly 14 (Missed Anderson FG)11 plays 75 yards (Moss TD)2 plays 0 yards (Culpepper INT)6 drives inside the Eagles 25 yard line. If that happens again on Sunday, the Vikings will win.

The Vikings played them tough when they had TO, why should we expect this game to be any different?  So many people seem to be saying that this will be a blowout.  Why?
I'm guessing you didn't watch that game then.#1 TO TD that wasn't. That's at least 4 points off the board.#2 The Vikings suffered through Adam Haayer playing RT which led to constant pressure on Culpepper from that side.#3 Redzone ineffeciency. At least twice the Vikings got in the redzone only to get costly holding penelties. They had it inside the 2 yard line twice and only got 3 points.Let's just review the Vikings drives against the Eagles D:8 plays 50 yards to Philly 24 (Anderson FG)14 plays 65 yards to Philly 1 (Anderson FG)3 plays 0 yards (Punt)10 plays 55 yards to Philly 1 (Culpepper Fumble)12 plays 59 yards to Philly 11 (Anderson FG)14 plays 56 yards to Philly 14 (Missed Anderson FG)11 plays 75 yards (Moss TD)2 plays 0 yards (Culpepper INT)6 drives inside the Eagles 25 yard line. If that happens again on Sunday, the Vikings will win.
Unfortunately for the Vikings, getting inside the 25 doesn't put points on the board. So to add to your statement, if the they have 6 drives inside the 25 and come away with 16 points, they will lose again.The TO touchdown that wasn't?? I just checked the boxscore again...TO scored a touchdown.

Lets look at the coaching matchupAndy Reid and crew vs Mike Tice and crew :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: I think this says it all
Yes,Andy and the Pandies have won so many more titles than Tice and his Mice.When will Eagle fans realize Andy is NOT a big game coach? He's predictable and his adjustmenst at halftime are not well adjusted. The Eagles should handle Minny this week but if the Falcons come calling next week,be afraid,be very afraid.
If this is so true, why have the Eagles made it to 3 consecuative NFC Championship Games?

Quit living in the past!!! Prior games, especially 4 months ago, mean squat right now chief. If the Vikes come out hot, Philly could be in trouble. If they don't Philly should win. Watch out for Wiggins and Burleson this game. I think those 2 will make or break the Vikes this week. If the Philly rush D is strong C-pep will be dumping a lot of passes off to Wiggins. Have you seen how big and strong he is?
Quit living in the past? All the Viking fans here can say is how well Min played last week :wall:

Unfortunately for the Vikings, getting inside the 25 doesn't put points on the board. So to add to your statement, if the they have 6 drives inside the 25 and come away with 16 points, they will lose again.The TO touchdown that wasn't?? I just checked the boxscore again...TO scored a touchdown.
The non-TO TD is so very laughable. You would think the Vikes would have more imaginary ammo that that :rotflmao:

If Andy isn't a "Big Game Coach" then there aren't more than three or four "Big Game Coaches" in the NFL right now.Reid is undefeated coming off byes in his coaching career.Reid is undefeated on MNF in his coaching career.Reid is 5-4 in the playoffs, including 3-0 in the Divisional Round.While I'll defer to a few other coaches who have gotten it done, few would not put Reid among the five or six best coaches in the league, bar none. Mike Tice is quite arguably the worst NFL head coach currently under contract. If you can't admit that, you can't call yourself a football fan.

Reid is undefeated on MNF in his coaching career.
Although the starters barely played, Reid WAS coaching vs STL on MNF in week 16 ;)Philly also lost to TB in the Linc debut....I remember the pain

Last edited by a moderator:
Although the starters barely played, Reid WAS coaching vs STL on MNF in week 16 ;)Philly also lost to TB in the Linc debut....I remember the pain
:yes: closed one down, then opened the other.those were the good days.

Don't fret, the Bucs have a Superbowl win so you can suck for years to come and are still awesome. :rolleyes:

If Andy isn't a "Big Game Coach" then there aren't more than three or four "Big Game Coaches" in the NFL right now.Reid is undefeated coming off byes in his coaching career.Reid is undefeated on MNF in his coaching career.Reid is 5-4 in the playoffs, including 3-0 in the Divisional Round.While I'll defer to a few other coaches who have gotten it done, few would not put Reid among the five or six best coaches in the league, bar none. Mike Tice is quite arguably the worst NFL head coach currently under contract. If you can't admit that, you can't call yourself a football fan.
I'm an Eagles fan and even I will admit that Andy has gotten outcoached in his biggest games (NFC Championships, especially the home ones).

Don't fret, the Bucs have a Superbowl win so you can suck for years to come and are still awesome. :rolleyes:
I'd take that one Super Bowl over the 4 years of misery you're going to be going through soon..And so would your buddy Jason Wood.But maybe you can be there for the game when they hang the "NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME LOSER" flag for the 4th year running.. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Watch out for Wiggins......If the Philly rush D is strong C-pep will be dumping a lot of passes off to Wiggins. Have you seen how big and strong he is?
I think we've officially exhausted this thread. Eagle fans are now being threatened with Jermaine Wiggins.

Watch out for Wiggins......If the Philly rush D is strong C-pep will be dumping a lot of passes off to Wiggins. Have you seen how big and strong he is?
I think we've officially exhausted this thread. Eagle fans are now being threatened with Jermaine Wiggins.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I'd take that one Super Bowl over the 4 years of misery you're going to be going through soon..

And so would your buddy Jason Wood.
Thanks for your insight Captain Obvious.
I'm just not sure what your joke is.HAHA, you guys just won a Super Bowl two years ago.

:confused:

Quit living in the past? All the Viking fans here can say is how well Min played last week :wall:
:rotflmao:

I'd take that one Super Bowl over the 4 years of misery you're going to be going through soon..And so would your buddy Jason Wood.But maybe you can be there for the game when they hang the "NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME LOSER" flag for the 4th year running.. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Again, as much as I hate to say it...I agree with Capella.I would ABSOLUTELY take a Bowl win (this year perhaps :) ) and have us suck for another five years than be perennial bridesmaids. Oh, and my bad on the MNF loss in Week 16, like many Eagles fans, I almost erased that game from the memory banks as it was an in-season exhibition contest. But, technically you are correct, Reid now has a MNF loss.

Some people (i.e. Sean Salisbury) have been saying Minn is a hot team after winning in GB last week. One game does not a trend make. Don't forget that Min lost 4 of their last 5 reg season games with the win being a 1-point victory over the mighty Lions. Favre was far more responsible for Min beating GB than the Vikes were.While I'm concerned that Phi receivers without TO are pathetic, I think the combination of home field, McNabb, Westbrook, hobbled Moss, and overmatched coach (Tice) will be too much for Minn to overcome.

Im ready with my prediction:

Phi - 40

Min - 27

DMac will have 3 TDs (rushing and/or throwing)

Phi will have 1 rushing TD from a RB

Akers 4 FG

Culpep 3 TDs (2 passing, 1 rushing)

Moss 1 TD

Burlson 1 TD

2 FG

Min will score a TD first, but then not score another until the 3rd qtr. Min will score a TD and FG in the last 7 min of the game.

Im ready with my prediction:

Phi - 40

Min - 27

DMac will have 3 TDs (rushing and/or throwing)

Phi will have 1 rushing TD from a RB

Akers 4 FG

Culpep 3 TDs (2 passing, 1 rushing)

Moss 1 TD

Burlson 1 TD

2 FG

Min will score a TD first, but then not score another until the 3rd qtr. Min will score a TD and FG in the last 7 min of the game.
Philly will only score 40 points without T.O. IF the Vikings pull a 2000 Giants game. :wall: I still stand by what I said earlier this week..

If the Vikes score 30 they will win, I just don't see the Eagles being able to put up 30 points without T.O.

Just my :2cents:

Watch out for Wiggins......If the Philly rush D is strong C-pep will be dumping a lot of passes off to Wiggins.  Have you seen how big and strong he is?
Wiggins is more of a threat than all Eagles receivers not named Owens - COMBINED. :yes:

Wiggins is more of a threat than all Eagles receivers not named Owens - COMBINED. :yes:
The only series the Eagles starting offense was on the field since the Owens injury culminated in a touchdown strike to Freddy Mitchell as I recall. So for everyone who just assumes the Eagles WRs will account for "jack squat" on Sunday... let's just say the jury's still out. Now I'm sure I'll get 10 posts breaking down the inefficiency of the other Eagle wideouts over the years... but save your energy. I know they're weak compared to Owens. But I, for one, expect it to be a different story with Westbrook and his 70 catches + 700 yards in the mix + a healthy McNabb playing at a high level. The Eagles still managed to average over 24 points a game the two years prior to Owens arrival... so they're certainly capable of scoring points without him.

Watch out for Wiggins......If the Philly rush D is strong C-pep will be dumping a lot of passes off to Wiggins.  Have you seen how big and strong he is?
The only series the Eagles starting offense was on the field since the Owens injury culminated in a touchdown strike to Freddy Mitchell as I recall. So for everyone who just assumes the Eagles WRs will account for "jack squat" on Sunday... let's just say the jury's still out. Now I'm sure I'll get 10 posts breaking down the inefficiency of the other Eagle wideouts over the years... but save your energy. I know they're weak compared to Owens. But I, for one, expect it to be a different story with Westbrook and his 70 catches + 700 yards in the mix + a healthy McNabb playing at a high level. The Eagles still managed to average over 24 points a game the two years prior to Owens arrival... so they're certainly capable of scoring points without him.
Another intelligent posting... I obviously agree. Westbrook out of the backfield on the swing patterns and angle routes... the TE's can be productive and McNabb's running abilities as well as ability to get something out of these WR's all equal to the Eagles scoring 30+ points on this SORRY defense. McNabb does not throw the ball up for grabs the way Favre often did in that game. Any decent team would have blown the Pack away. The fact that it was still close in the 4th quarter is a joke.The Eagles will win by 10+ points.I believe the Vikes will move the ball for sure but will have a tough time scoring once in the red zone. They'll get four FG's. I can'tsee any defense holding the Vikes out of the endzone so they probably score once. The Eagles' WR's aren't great but they do have McNabb throwing the ball and Westbrook will still take a lot of attention. The Birds will drive down the field and probably score 5-6 times... I'm thinking 3 TD's and 3 FG's for 30 points. I believe McNabb's running will also be a huge factor.Eagles 30 Vikings 19

I'm absolutely shocked that the vote on who will win this game is nearly 50/50 after 200 votes.The Vikes won't even cover.

I'm absolutely shocked that the vote on who will win this game is nearly 50/50 after 200 votes.The Vikes won't even cover.
Your input last week on the Vikes to even be in the game at Half-time was??? ;) :P Of all years, this year in the NFC is completly up for grabs.. Heck, the NFL pundits and purists would about have a heart attack and cry to mommy if the Rams and Vikes somehow manage to pull double upsets and meet in the NFC Championship.I can hear them now.. END Salary Cap, END Free Agency, it has ruined the NFL as we know it..Hell, even if I wasn't a Viking fan it would be worth it just to hear all thier Jaws hit the floor. :excited: :lol:

Your input last week on the Vikes to even be in the game at Half-time was??? ;) :P
not sure what you mean. did i have input last week about the vikes and the halftime score? actually... i had a very vivid dream a couple nights ago that the score of the Eagles/Vikes game was 0-0 at halftime... with BOTH offenses struggling. hope that wasn't a premonition as i expect the Eagles to be up by at least 7 at the half. pretty frightening that i have dreams about Eagles games... but it only seems to happen during the playoffs. but hey... when you've experienced the pain of your team losing 3 straight NFC championship games, it tends to have a dramatic, lasting effect on your subconscience.

I just don't see the Eagles being able to put up 30 points without T.O.Just my :2cents:
Code:
2003NFC Divisional Playoff: won 20 - 17 vs. Green Bay Packers 2002NFC Divisional Playoff: won 20 - 6 vs. Atlanta Falcons 2001NFC Wildcard Game: won 31 - 9 vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
You might be right. We will see

Look for LJ Smith, Chad Lewis, and ... the long snapper ;)

Todd Pinkston 36 676Freddie Mitchell 22 377L.J. Smith 34 377Chad Lewis 29 267------------------------------- 121 1697vs.Jermaine Wiggins 71 705Obviously not better than all combined... but better than all individually. Not bad for the 3rd option.

I'd take that one Super Bowl over the 4 years of misery you're going to be going through soon..

And so would your buddy Jason Wood.
Thanks for your insight Captain Obvious.
I'm just not sure what your joke is.HAHA, you guys just won a Super Bowl two years ago.

:confused:
You would rather win a Superbowl than not... did you expect an arguement?

Todd Pinkston 36 676Freddie Mitchell 22 377L.J. Smith 34 377Chad Lewis 29 267------------------------------- 121 1697vs.Jermaine Wiggins 71 705Obviously not better than all combined... but better than all individually. Not bad for the 3rd option.
I noticed you failed to mention touchdowns. Everyone knows the Eagles spread the ball around to their tight ends... so they won't have one TE with a ton of catches like Wiggins. I'll take LJ, Chad Lewis and their 8 TDs. Throw in the TD from the long snapper and that's 9 TDs compared to Wiggins' 4 during the regular season. Not bad for a 3rd, 5th and 12th option.

I noticed you failed to mention touchdowns. Everyone knows the Eagles spread the ball around to their tight ends... so they won't have one TE with a ton of catches like Wiggins. I'll take LJ, Chad Lewis and their 8 TDs. Throw in the TD from the long snapper and that's 9 TDs compared to Wiggins' 4 during the regular season. Not bad for a 3rd, 5th and 12th option.
TDs are deceptive IMO. But heck, if you like the fact that your 3 or 4 guys scored 9 TDs combined... I'll give you that.

TDs are deceptive IMO. But heck, if you like the fact that your 3 or 4 guys scored 9 TDs combined... I'll give you that.
I certainly like the fact that the Eagles have scored more than twice as many touchdowns from the TIGHT END position than the Vikes. I mean that is what we're comparing here isn't it?And by the way... politicians are deceptive... not touchdowns.

I certainly like the fact that the Eagles have scored more than twice as many touchdowns from the TIGHT END position than the Vikes. I mean that is what we're comparing here isn't it?And by the way... politicians are deceptive... not touchdowns.
Actually no, the original comparison was Wiggins vs. ANY ACTIVE Eagles WR/TE. The statement was made Wiggins was better than all *combined*... I just thought I'd throw out that, although not better than all combined, he did have a better season (catches/yardage) than any Eagle that will be playing this Sunday.TDs are separate, IMO. Doesn't matter who gets in, as long as they score. Eagles had 32 receiving TDs... 14 of those are in rehab. Vikings had 39 TDs in the air, all those players will play Sunday.Take it for what it is... just a little information. At least we agree on politicians... lol.*** edited to clarify ACTIVE WR/TE

Users who are viewing this thread