What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Missing Cleveland teens found Alive 10 years after being abducted! (1 Viewer)

top dog

Footballguy
Might not be national news but causing quite a stir locally here. Police found three girls that were missing since as far back as 2003! Looks like some scumbag had abducted them and kept them imprisoned. Yikes!

http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/local_news/cleveland_metro/Cleveland-police-dispatch-Missing-teens-Amanda-Berry-and-Gina-DeJesus-found-alive

CLEVELAND - Cleveland police said missing teens Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and a third woman were found in a west side house on Monday.

Hundreds of people gathered in the streets near 2207 Seymour Avenue in Cleveland, where the women were discovered. Cleveland police said Berry, DeJesus and Michelle Knight are alive, talking and appear to be OK.

“I heard screaming… And I see this girl going nuts trying to get outside,” said Charles, a neighbor would found the women. “I go on the porch and she said ‘Help me get out. I’ve been here a long time.’ I figure it was domestic violence dispute."

“She comes out with a little girl and says ‘Call 911, my name is Amanda Berry’… When she told me, it didn’t register.” He said he made the call and gave Berry the phone. When police arrived, officers asked him if he knew who he rescued.

A witness who spoke Spanish told NewsChannel5's Stephanie Ramirez that he helped break down the door. He said there was a child who was about 4 or 5 years old with Berry, as well as other children inside the house. He said he recognized Berry from posters.

Officers have a suspect in custody. There will be a media briefing Tuesday morning.

Berry was last seen in 2003 when she was called her sister to say she was getting a ride home from work at the Burger King on West 110th Street and Lorain Avenue. She was set to turn 17 the day after her disappearance. Her mother died of heart failure in 2006.

On April 2, 2004, 14-year-old DeJesus went missing while walking home from Wilbur Wright Middle School. She was last seen around West 105 Street and Lorain Avenue. Her mother, Nancy Ruiz, said she believed DeJesus was sold into human trafficking.

“I always said it from the beginning; she was sold to the highest bidder,” Ruiz said in April 2012.

The remaining families of both women went to MetroHealth Medical Center, where they will be reunited. FBI agents were also at the hospital Monday night as family and friends flocked to see the women.

Last summer, there was a break in Berry case that turned out to be an inmate’s hoax. Robert Wolford, 26, told authorities that Berry’s body was in a vacant lot in Cleveland. Police searched at West 30th Street and Wade Avenue in July with backhoes, but nothing was found. Wolford was sentenced to four and half years in prison after pleaded guilty to obstruction of justice, making a false report and making a false alarm.

Read more: http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/local_news/cleveland_metro/Cleveland-police-dispatch-Missing-teens-Amanda-Berry-and-Gina-DeJesus-found-alive#ixzz2SYn5YPox

Great news for the families. Can't imagine what the girls had gone through. Whats the appropriate justice for this guy who did it? Castration and what Hitler had to do in "Little Nicky". Still not good enough imo.

Great news for the families. Can't imagine what the girls had gone through. Whats the appropriate justice for this guy who did it? Castration and what Hitler had to do in "Little Nicky". Still not good enough imo.
Violent, painful yet long lasting, agonizing death. It's the one thing that the arab world does way better than us. This ####er would be dead within a week.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess people are pissed at the 911 operator based on the recording. Link in next post.

Very good news....now I hope the media does the right thing and allows these ladies their space. The details of this case are unimportant, I'm sure they were unimaginably hellish and this vermin that did it and anyone that helped him should find no mercy. If and when these women decide to tell their story, well that will be on their own terms in a place thats less raw.

Thankfully, I think the media has generally stayed restrained in similar episodes to this, so here's hoping it continues.

The look on his face when the siren goes off at the 1:06 mark is :moneybag: :moneybag:
:lmao: thought he was going to start running
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

That whole interview was :moneybag:

Incredible story. As far as punishment for the perp goes life without parole and no segregation should handle it.

Seriously, that's one of the top 5 black guy interviews of all time. Its right up there with Antone Dodson and the various guys from the "who all seen the leprechaun?" video.

I guess people are pissed at the 911 operator based on the recording. Link in next post.
Didn't sound like the operator wanted to take the call "Just talk to the police when they get there OK." "I said the police are on the way, just talk to them." "We will send a car when we have one free"

I want Charles to have a TV show...he's a hero! and :lmao:
Interviews with Charles Ramsey is :moneybag:

http://www.news.com.au/world-news/north-america/charles-ramsey-the-neighbour-who-helped-save-three-abducted-women-in-ohio/story-fnh81jut-1226636696130

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/10040831/Charles-Ramsey-describes-Amanda-Berry-rescue.html

"He's somebody you look at and you look away because he's not doing anything but the average stuff," he said. "There's nothing exciting about him. Well, until today."

Didn't sound like the operator wanted to take the call "Just talk to the police when they get there OK." "I said the police are on the way, just talk to them." "We will send a car when we have one free"
I was thinking the same thing when I listened..

The operator should have stayed on the phone until police arrived.

johnnycakes, on 07 May 2013 - 08:46, said:

Smack Tripper, on 06 May 2013 - 20:33, said:

I want Charles to have a TV show...he's a hero! and :lmao:
Interviews with Charles Ramsey is :moneybag: http://www.news.com.au/world-news/north-america/charles-ramsey-the-neighbour-who-helped-save-three-abducted-women-in-ohio/story-fnh81jut-1226636696130

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/10040831/Charles-Ramsey-describes-Amanda-Berry-rescue.html

"He's somebody you look at and you look away because he's not doing anything but the average stuff," he said. "There's nothing exciting about him. Well, until today."
This timing on this bit is outstanding. :lmao:

Violent, painful yet long lasting, agonizing death. It's the one thing that the arab world does way better than us. This ####er would be dead within a week.
What Adam Sandler movie is your suggested punishment from?

I was thinking the same thing when I listened..

The operator should have stayed on the phone until police arrived.
I'd be surprised if she even followed protocol there.

Ten ####### years. I can't imagine how horrific that must have been.
I can't imagine how she lived there for 10 years and never managed to draw attention to herself before. She knew the man's name and the address of the house she was at based on that 911 call.

Jack & Jill

The look on his face when the siren goes off at the 1:06 mark is :moneybag: :moneybag:
:lmao: thought he was going to start running
:lmao:
I saw that too :lmao:

Almost a certainty that the guy's lawyers will claim the girls were there willingly. Will be an interesting court case to follow.

Users who are viewing this thread