What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MJD Going Forward (1 Viewer)

LuckyOne

Footballguy
He did start the season out of football shape and has looked like he's getting there. With Blackmon back and Gabbert benched for now, it has to open up a little running room. Does any of that matter on that horrendous team?

I was just starting to believe that MJD could be a good buy low target. His value can't get any lower, and it really only takes one game for his stock to rise......I think I am going to test the waters.

Anyone trade for MJD recently, and if so, what did you give up?

I was just starting to believe that MJD could be a good buy low target. His value can't get any lower, and it really only takes one game for his stock to rise......I think I am going to test the waters.

Ive been trying to trade MJD since week 1 with no success. Been targetting Roddy Whtie.

Oct 29? I think is the NFL trade deadline. If he's not traded or had 2 double digit games by then...he's a drop. Until then, on the bench.

Oct 29? I think is the NFL trade deadline. If he's not traded or had 2 double digit games by then...he's a drop. Until then, on the bench.
This seems to be the most logical approach with him. His first 4 games were all against teams that were in the top 10 for points allowed to RBs. Then, he put up a mediocre day against STL. Unfortunately, it's unlikely he gets traded and will be a flex player the rest of the year.

I traded Austin Pettis for him! Haha sucker! The other trade I pulled off was Ridley & Martellus Bennet for Chris Johnson and Jared Cook. 2 pretty good trades IMO, though the second one is pretty event.

I wish MJD was moving forward.
He has one more TD than Ridley. The jax defense is not good. Unless get gets injured, he should score some garbage TDs.
Except replace Mjd with shorts and Blackmon
According to today's Miami Herald: "Jacksonville ran for a season-high 96 yards against the Rams. Jones-Drew finished with 70 yards on 17 carries, though 68 of his yards came after contact.". If true, maybe MJD is back.

I wish MJD was moving forward.
He has one more TD than Ridley. The jax defense is not good. Unless get gets injured, he should score some garbage TDs.
Except replace Mjd with shorts and Blackmon
According to today's Miami Herald: "Jacksonville ran for a season-high 96 yards against the Rams. Jones-Drew finished with 70 yards on 17 carries, though 68 of his yards came after contact.". If true, maybe MJD is back.
Makes you wonder what he could do behind an NFL OL.

You have to love how Jax gets inside the five yard-line and the dumb OC calls for 3 straight passes before the inevitable fg attempt. He doesn't even get any screens anymore despite blitz after blitz. At least Henne dumped off a couple to him last week. I think Gabbert must have peripheral vision problems amongst other issues. Poor MJD (and owners).

I traded Austin Pettis for him! Haha sucker! The other trade I pulled off was Ridley & Martellus Bennet for Chris Johnson and Jared Cook. 2 pretty good trades IMO, though the second one is pretty event.
whos the sucker? MJD is about worthless regardless of format.

I've got some good WR depth and trying to bolster my thin RB corp. I'm seeing what I can do with an offer of VJ in a swapping of players in disappointing situations. Though I do think VJ could bounce back some with Glennon, it's hard to trust a rookie QB. I think MJD will be servicable going forward if I get bit by the injury bug and it's not like he hasn't performed before on some bad teams.

i have tried to literally GIVE him away.

11 team league. 15-man rosters.

people think he's done. and for this year, he probably he is.

anyone in here actually watch the games? when the jags fall way behind, what is his role? is he getting on the field late in the 3rd and in the 4th when they are behind by 21+ points and in an all-pass offense?

i mean, he only has 6 catches all year.

anyone in here actually watch the games? when the jags fall way behind, what is his role? is he getting on the field late in the 3rd and in the 4th when they are behind by 21+ points and in an all-pass offense?

He blocks a lot.

You have literally sent out offers with MJD on your side of the deal and nothing on the other owner's side of the deal?I doubt that.

Last edited by a moderator:
yep. no one is biting. i basically said i would take a 4th-round pick in a 5-round draft - equivalent of a K/DB - in next year's draft, just so i can open up a roster spot and pick up a FA. my team sucks so i'm looking to next year. can't get a nibble.

he's the 35th-ranked RB in my league. he's the 458th-ranked player overall.

fred jackson, joique bell, danny woodhead, pierre thomas, jacquizz rodgers are all free agents in this year, so i guess i'm not surprised i can't get a nibble on MJD.

we have another draft after week 8. i don't think he's one of my 10 best players and I am buried in last place. honestly, i think i will probably just release him after week 8 IF HE DOESN'T IMPROVE.

You have literally sent out offers with MJD on your side of the deal and nothing on the other owner's side of the deal?I doubt that.
OMG I like literally died of laughter when I read this. [/teenage girl voice]

bicycle_seat_sniffer said:
MJD put up 10 points last week, and considering I have Stephen Jackson (injured), Doug Martin (on bye last week and has been sort of a bust), and had Stevan Ridley (total bust that I traded for CJ2K who put up 17 points last week), that really helped me out. And I literally picked up Pettis from FA just to make the trade. I lost nothing, and got a serviceable running back. And MJD actually looked pretty good last week, and I think he will continue to improve. So, he was the sucker.

yep. no one is biting. i basically said i would take a 4th-round pick in a 5-round draft - equivalent of a K/DB - in next year's draft, just so i can open up a roster spot and pick up a FA. my team sucks so i'm looking to next year. can't get a nibble.

he's the 35th-ranked RB in my league. he's the 458th-ranked player overall.

fred jackson, joique bell, danny woodhead, pierre thomas, jacquizz rodgers are all free agents in this year, so i guess i'm not surprised i can't get a nibble on MJD.

we have another draft after week 8. i don't think he's one of my 10 best players and I am buried in last place. honestly, i think i will probably just release him after week 8 IF HE DOESN'T IMPROVE.
I might be a couple weeks away from releasing him too.

The only reason I haven't done it yet is because my releasing him would allow somebody to pick him up and have him as a $6 keeper for next year. I really don't want to throw that out there.

The best trade option so far has been for Donald Brown (which was retracted Sunday).

At this point, I'm just trying to send him to a team that I think would hang onto him (so he can't be a $6 keeper) for a player that I would drop.

Just traded away Matt Ryan and Dwayne Bowe for Tom Brady and MJD. The Julio and Roddy injuries scare me, and who else does JAX have to run the ball?

MJD put up 10 points last week, and considering I have Stephen Jackson (injured), Doug Martin (on bye last week and has been sort of a bust), and had Stevan Ridley (total bust that I traded for CJ2K who put up 17 points last week), that really helped me out. And I literally picked up Pettis from FA just to make the trade. I lost nothing, and got a serviceable running back. And MJD actually looked pretty good last week, and I think he will continue to improve. So, he was the sucker.
I don't have much hope for MJD, but I do agree that he looked fairly good last week after Henne came in. He broke off two or three good runs after Henne came in late in the game. One in particular I remember is when he ran to the outside and outran the Rams defenders for a nice 10 yard gain! He didn't look slow at all to me. I think if Henne keeps starting with Blackmon back along with Shorts and Lewis things will open up. With this being said, if they put Gabbert back in all bets are off and MJD will be fairly of useless!

Just because someone who was drafted early is terrible doesn't mean they're a buy-low. In this case, they're just terrible and over-priced.

Not sure I want anyone on the Jags on my team. LOL
now see this isn't a good post at all. Blackmon and shorts are very startable even in 10 man leagues
Shorts hasn't shown me a reason to think he is startable, Blackmon has one game in an offense that is abysmal on a team that is abysmal.
really? shorts has more yards and just as many catches as AJ green. Let that sink in for a minute

shorts is currently WR17 and WR21 in my ppr redraft leagues. Very startable

Im starting to think all you pay attention to is the patriots

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread