What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MLB Dan Morgan (1 Viewer)

No one is going to question that Dan Morgan is a top 10 LB if he can stay healthy. He is a beast when he's on the field. I could very well get burned, but I'm going to hitch my wagon up to him this year. The long term deal for big money the Panthers gave him tells me they have a lot of confidence in his ability to stay healthy and on the field. The Carolina medical staff had to buy off on him before they handed out the contract and that is good enough for me. I actually think he is very undervalued and probably a top 5 FF LB. There is some risk, but with his upside let's roll the dice.I think Ray Lewis, Donnie Edward, and Bullock are the top three. But after that I have it as a toss up between Vilma and a healthy Morgan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Morgan is a top 10 LB. When he plays. But when he is hurt, he is out, so you typically know. Alot better than some of the players who just hit questionable, and then don't show up in the stats one week, but go off in another. With Morgan if he is in the lineup, he produces. If he is hurt, he doesn't even play. So in that light, he is a great pick. Just make sure you have someone to plug in for the weeks he misses.For re-draft he is more solid than dynasty though. Since the injury problems last year were concussions, which can turn into career enders rather quickly... So if he gets his head messed early in the year, remember last year, and ditch him in a trade quick while he still could come back for some more games because the next time he gets his head knocked, it might be even more games on the bench...

clearly you already know the "Buyer beware tag is on Morgan. I have drafted him two of the past three years and he was great when he played and it killed me to have that gap when he was out. I for one will pass on him this year. i agree that the Panthers medical staff had to sign off on him before he got the big contract but if i recall...wasn't one of his major injuries that kept him out last year the concussion? that is the kind of injury that if he gets another one early, he might be done for the year....or even for his career. i would take him as a #3...and do cartwheels but i can't risk losing him as a #1 LB who has a history of injury going in from the get-go.

wasn't one of his major injuries that kept him out last year the concussion? that is the kind of injury that if he gets another one early, he might be done for the year....or even for his career.
Yes it was.. there was even some talk of him retiring for a little while. Not A guy I wan't to carry my defense.

No one is going to question that Dan Morgan is a top 10 LB if he can stay healthy. He is a beast when he's on the field. I could very well get burned, but I'm going to hitch my wagon up to him this year.
That's a mighty weak limb you're stepping out on. He has somewhere around 20 DNPs in his first four seasons combined. :thumbdown:

He's your LB3 at best. Ideally, he's your LB4 if enough people are nervous about him, and then you don't have to start him if he goes down but you can if you run a flex 4-3/3-4 IDP league.

If you get Morgan, snag Witherspoon. When Morgan's in, he's top notch. When Morgan's out, Witherspoon is top notch. Witherspoon is still pretty good even if Morgan is in.

Users who are viewing this thread