What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MNF ***The Los Angeles Rams take on the San Francisco 49'ers*** (+3.5) O/U 50.5 Woods-OUT, (1 Viewer)

Ministry of Pain

Footballguy
One other minor injury note at RB for San Fran, Hasty is OUT tonight so you have the rookie Mitchell and then Wilson who saw no touches last week. Trey Sermon is still on the roster as well although we might never see him again this season. 

7th Seed NFC-Carolina at 5-5 so a win tonight by San Francisco and suddenly their season takes on new life, a 7-seed could save a few job in San Fran, especially if they punch someone in the Playoffs when they are aren't looking. 

Not sure where I am with the point spread but if you favor the Rams to win tonight then the spread doesn't matter as much. Tonight would be the night for the Niners to right the ship and prove some folks wrong. It is Jimmy G we are talking about at QB so I am stand offish on the Niners in general. 

Go!

Is Odell Beckham playing? If so, what is the O/U on his catches, yards, TD chances? 

3/36 and I'll say 50/50 on hitting a TD his 1st game out. And that's assuming he is going to line up on offense at least half the game. Stafford will find him and shoot a few targets his way. 

Van could be a sleeper tonight as well, some lean Higbee making up some of the hole left when Woods tore his ACL on Friday in practice. 

The DB from the Rams with attitude, is his assignment Deebo or Aiyuk or whoever coms to his side fo the field? 

Just off the top of my head I gotta think Kittle is a good find for Jimmy G all night. Even if he is double teamed with a DB/LB, he should be able to get open and use his body to shield for easier catches than it will be to some of the other primary WRs. Also would look for a lot of short passes and screens to the RBs.  

I have no analytics on this one,just a gut feeling that the last game of week 10 will provide one more surprise,so.......

Niners- 29

Rams- 24

The DB from the Rams with attitude, is his assignment Deebo or Aiyuk or whoever coms to his side fo the field? 

Just off the top of my head I gotta think Kittle is a good find for Jimmy G all night. Even if he is double teamed with a DB/LB, he should be able to get open and use his body to shield for easier catches than it will be to some of the other primary WRs. Also would look for a lot of short passes and screens to the RBs.  
Jalen Ramsey. Don't know if he stays on one side of the field or if he follows guys around. They have a relatively talented secondary, does L.A. Taylor Rapp and Jordan Fuller man the safety positions. Darious Williams is the other key cog, but he may miss the game. They usually run a base nickel by all accounts, with Troy Reeder and Ernest Jones earning linebacking snaps when they're not in dime, an alignment which they played the most of any team last year.

I do not know much about them from a film grinder point of view. I'm not sure if they play zone, press, man, what have you. I know they were excellent last year but lost one or two guys.

Weirdly this feels like one of those games where the rams lose or don't play well just because they went all in on OBJ
OBJ has a huge game but they lose regardless because they're getting him integrated with the team. That would be rich, and fitting.

I like OBJ, by the way. I'm interested to see how this works out. Lots of precision in this offense and he likes to freelance. it's a timing offense built on a lot of play action. That said, Stafford is the mad bomber and should find a way to get OBJ the ball on any extended play. Let's see if they're enough on the same page to make it count.

As for who wins, who knows? How big is the loss of Woods from a football and little things standpoint? Can Van Jefferson, who knows the offense, step into his role? We shall see...

I think the Rams win. I don't think SF can hide Jimmy G with the run game enough to come away with the win.

OBJ has a huge game but they lose regardless because they're getting him integrated with the team. That would be rich, and fitting.

I like OBJ, by the way. I'm interested to see how this works out. Lots of precision in this offense and he likes to freelance. it's a timing offense built on a lot of play action. That said, Stafford is the mad bomber and should find a way to get OBJ the ball on any extended play. Let's see if they're enough on the same page to make it count.

As for who wins, who knows? How big is the loss of Woods from a football and little things standpoint? Can Van Jefferson, who knows the offense, step into his role? We shall see...

I think the Rams win. I don't think SF can hide Jimmy G with the run game enough to come away with the win.

I think your analysis is probably right and I'm not an anti-OBJ guy.  It's just one of those things like when the announcer says 'he hasn't missed a kick in 100 kicks' and then he immediately misses the kick.  

The rams have gone all in on winning the superbowl.  On paper they should slaughter everyone with OBJ and Miller now.  Just seems fitting that they would have a hard time with the 49ers

That was a 1 in 10 or so that are acually good. I still wish we'd get rid of the anthem before sports games. Kind of a silly tradition.
I forget where I read it but basically the military pays a ton of money to do the whole rah rah America thing including the big anthem song and dance because the number one group that watches the NFL is young men.

How hard is it after the whistle blows, don't violently throw down the ballcarrier? Apparently too hard for guys to not taunt either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not that anyone gives a crap, but I'm 2nd in my league in points & I'm 2-7. Play high scorer every damn week. I was up 7 going into this game, I have Stafford opponent has Van. All I needed was stafford not to implode, 2-8 here I come.

Not that anyone gives a crap, but I'm 2nd in my league in points & I'm 2-7. Play high scorer every damn week. I was up 7 going into this game, I have Stafford opponent has Van. All I needed was stafford not to implode, 2-8 here I come.
Without any sarcasm, my heart broke reading this

There you go. A touchdown pass not to Jefferson.

I'm also going to be 2-8 with an over .500 all-play and sixth out of twelve in points scored. I should be gearing up for a potential stretch run while having had obtained some usable RBs (my weakness), but I'll be in second to last after tonight. :ptts:

It's not 2-7 with second in points scored, but it ain't pretty.

Users who are viewing this thread