What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MNF-Wildcard ***Dallas at Tampa Bay*** (+3, 45) (1 Viewer)

As soon as the matchups were settled you knew this game would be the Monday Nighter. America's Team against The G.O.A.T.
Based solely on how these two have played most of the year The Cowboys should be an easy choice. But,to quote a line from a famous movie..."I have a very bad feeling about this."
I don't think the Cowboys defense is as fast on natural grass as they are on the artificial stuff. That could be somewhat of an equalizer.
And unless Brady is playing The Giants in the post season I just can't dismiss his teams chances. We may have seen the last of Mr. Rogers in a Packers uniform,but I have a gut feeling
Mr. Brady will stick around in a Bucs uniform at least one more week,so...

Tampa Bay- 30
Dallas- 24

3 weeks ago everyone would have had Dallas by 21. Hard to ignore how bad Dallas looked yesterday, but Tampa was atrocious most of the year. I’m thinking the better team still pulls this out

Dal 27
Tampa 20

Cowboy fans know how this story ends…

In reality, Tampa is not good and most other quality teams beat the Bucs.

In the parallel reality that exists this century for Cowboy’s fans, Dallas snatches defeat from the jaws of victory, inventing a novel way to lose.

Bucs 27-24 with a bizarre ending in store that most certainly reflects a major Dallas error.

As soon as the matchups were settled you knew this game would be the Monday Nighter. America's Team against The G.O.A.T.
Based solely on how these two have played most of the year The Cowboys should be an easy choice. But,to quote a line from a famous movie..."I have a very bad feeling about this."
I don't think the Cowboys defense is as fast on natural grass as they are on the artificial stuff. That could be somewhat of an equalizer.
And unless Brady is playing The Giants in the post season I just can't dismiss his teams chances. We may have seen the last of Mr. Rogers in a Packers uniform,but I have a gut feeling
Mr. Brady will stick around in a Bucs uniform at least one more week,so...

Tampa Bay- 30
Dallas- 24
The Bucs have not broken 30 point but a couple times this year, heck they barely hit 20 most weeks.
Once was a 41-31 loss to KC earlier in the season and then 31 vs Carolina last week when they won the South
They are going to need a strong defensive performance like they got Week 1 at Dallas, that game feels meaningless right now.

What the Bucs could have going for them is Tristan Wirfs back next week as more than just being active
Brady didn't play the whole game and the Bucs were ahead as I recall at Half 17-10
It's Tom Brady, the man is still dealing at 45 yrs old and there is talk he will play next year for someone
What happens if Brady is in the NFC Semi-Finals at 45 yrs old? I can come up with some crazy story arcs for him to end the '22 Run on a relative high note setting up his 2023 Run with whatever team he finds that has just about everything else but their QB situation figured out. He needs a Top 5 OL to operate behind.

Buccaneers only seem to win by mounting a big comeback against a weaker team that they should have been leading anyway. I don't see that happening with Dallas. The Buccaneers haven't played a complete game in months (perhaps only against Dallas) and doing it now seems far fetched to me. Brady is Brady, but he doesn't have stellar coaching or play calling.

Cowboys 30
Bucs 21

Dallas Cowboys Season Cycle

- Season starts
- Beat up on Bad Teams
- Fans get delusional
- "We Dem Boys...This is our year"
- Choke in playoffs (WE ARE HERE)
- Season starts

I haven't watched much TB this year. Seems like the OLine was getting trashed on every play there for a while. How's that unit doing? How were they able to overcome that vs the Panthers a couple of weeks ago? The Cowboys offense is so strange too. They're capable of exploding but seem out of sync so much of the time. That Cowboys D Line certainly will give TB fits if they're still struggling.

I haven't watched much TB this year. Seems like the OLine was getting trashed on every play there for a while. How's that unit doing? How were they able to overcome that vs the Panthers a couple of weeks ago? The Cowboys offense is so strange too. They're capable of exploding but seem out of sync so much of the time. That Cowboys D Line certainly will give TB fits if they're still struggling.
Tristan Wirfs was back for that game. Brady had a little more time against the Panthers, but he also hung in the pocket more than he has all year. I guess the stakes were high enough that he turned on his give a crapper.

If he'll stand in and take hits they have a chance. If he's chucking and ducking like most of the year they won't. Tampa's center left early yesterday. Don't know if it was precautionary or what. Donovan Smith has been bad all year. It's likely Dallas will destroy them.

It’s a pretty good line. Wirfs is a top-4 tackle. Mason is a very solid RG. Hainsey has done well at center, Leverett has been a huge improvement at LG (line improved when he replaced Goedeke) and Smith has been an abject disaster at LT.

I have a theory that Tom was getting the ball out early all season to avoid getting hit as the division sucked and they were on cruise control. Now with nothing left to play for if you lose, I think he’s going to hang in there longer. This happened in the Carolina game.

Imo the Bucs are an ok team, lots of flaws, but they can definitely win this game. I got awesome tickets today and I’m off next Monday so I’m very excited.

either Dallas got their dogcrap game out of the way last week or theyre in trouble against playoff Tom
not really sure it matters much as either of these is Eagles fodder imo

It wasn't just Washington that was concerning, the Cowboys haven't played very well in 4 of the last 5 games.

I will take the Bucs and the points. They have a top 10 defense, and while age is finally catching Brady, he is still good enough in spots that I think the offense will make enough plays. Dallas's defense has not been playing as well, they are turning it over a lot, and they commit too many penalties. The Bucs just have to play a clean game and they will win. I will say 20-17.

My Wednesday prediction says Dallas is one of the best plays on the board.
They have the ground game and offense to keep Brady and the Bucs on the sidelines shining up their cannons

Dallas 34
Tampa 13

It doesn't feel like it will even be close. The Bucs have shown you exactly who they are all season.
6-9 over their last 15 games, Dallas will run them out of the building. It could get ugly when they sit Brady in the 4th.

They have the ground game and offense to keep Brady and the Bucs on the sidelines shining up their cannons

Dallas 34
Tampa 13

It doesn't feel like it will even be close. The Bucs have shown you exactly who they are all season.
6-9 over their last 15 games, Dallas will run them out of the building. It could get ugly when they sit Brady in the 4th.

The problem is Dak has the highest INT% in the NFL. I'll take all the action you want, Cowboy. Save the vig, let's go!

Dallas 34
Tampa 13

The problem is Dak has the highest INT% in the NFL. I'll take all the action you want, Cowboy. Save the vig, let's go!
🤔

It's Tom Brady. You know he's gonna go for 275+ and 2+. Will that be enough to keep up with an inconsistent Cowboy squad? The Bucs can't run the ball.

I say if Brady throws 2 TDs they lose. If he throws 3 they win.

No idea what to expect here.

TB has looked awful all year and then finally blew up week 17.

Dallas has looked great all year and then completely 🙂 the bed week 17.

I hate to read into any 1 week too much, but that was a week both teams should have been “in playoff form”

Also worth noting, Dallas is 0-7 against TB (including week 1)

Imma say TB 27, Dallas 23

Depends on how truly healthy Parsons and Armstrong are on the defensive line for Dallas.

In light of Capella's posting, I'll say

Dallas 28
Tampa Bay 24

And it's a late garbage-time touchdown that gets Tampa to within four.

And I really want to pick Tampa, but they look...old.

One thing you don't want to look in sports is noticeably old. That's just ripe for up-and-comers.

Like Zeke. He looks old, too.

Maybe Tampa finds the fountain of youth here and this is all me gasbagging. We'll see.

The road to victory for TB is running the ball, turnovers and red zone efficiency.

If they do that, they have a chance.
If not, Dallas by 7 or so.

Dallas 34
Tampa 13

Let's discuss

-My reasoning is...Bucs are my 2nd fav although it is a distant 2nd from the feeling I get when the Miami Dolphins win(which is like almost never!). I love the Bucs, had tickets at the Sombrero back in the day-90s, Jeff George, Steve Young, those guys are the types I saw when the Bucs were in the 90s and I turned into a mega fan the day they hired Tony Dungy.
-I know what you might be thinking...#1 is Miami, #2 the Bucs...**** yeah Tom Brady was a difficult pill to swallow as a Bucs fan and let's go back to when they were 7-5 in 2020 before they won 8 in a row...that was a surreal and somewhat bitter pill with my son(mucho Bucsfan) in my living room, Super Bowl 55

-I would like to take your money because it's a built in get out of Dodge for me. Bucs do as they have all year, I win and I take your happy hour funds for a day. They win, doubt I would be very salty about paying you out. So it's kind of a win win for me whether I collect or not. That's usually a dangerous person to gamble with, you sure GM?

So even though the Bucs are my 2nd fav team and logic would tell you that I have a pretty good beat on them and this is not reverse jinx, you're willing to give me Dallas Pk'em, do I have that right?

-There's a **** ton of rumors surrounding Brady and the team I hold near and dear to my empty heart. When a 46 yr old reincarnation of George Blanda becomes a viable weapon for your hometown team at Quarterback, you tend to get salty and quite sarcastic.

So you want the Bucs?
What are we playing for here...Starcade '86 Scaffold Match?

I tend to lean more towards the Royal Rumble '92 where it's the Ministry of Flair vs Everyone
So pick a number between 1 and 30

About the 30 minute mark we see General Rowdy Roddy Malaise take the ring :lol:

Cowboys fans……tell me that last time the Boys won a road playoff game?

Bucs 27
Cowboys 17
1/17/93

But that’s irrelevant whether they win or lose this week.
It’s like saying red has hit 10 spins in a row so I’m betting red
When it comes to the Cowboys…..naaaaaa.

Good luck to your team…they certainly have a better shot than mine who last won a playoff game in 2001 (Dolphins).

Dallas has 3 trends working against them:
  • Their playoff record over the last generation of NFL fans
  • Brady's 7-0 vs. the Cowboys
  • The Cowboys are 1-4 on natural grass this year (11-1 on turf)
I'm going with the home dog.

Dallas 34
Tampa 13

Let's discuss

-My reasoning is...Bucs are my 2nd fav although it is a distant 2nd from the feeling I get when the Miami Dolphins win(which is like almost never!). I love the Bucs, had tickets at the Sombrero back in the day-90s, Jeff George, Steve Young, those guys are the types I saw when the Bucs were in the 90s and I turned into a mega fan the day they hired Tony Dungy.
-I know what you might be thinking...#1 is Miami, #2 the Bucs...**** yeah Tom Brady was a difficult pill to swallow as a Bucs fan and let's go back to when they were 7-5 in 2020 before they won 8 in a row...that was a surreal and somewhat bitter pill with my son(mucho Bucsfan) in my living room, Super Bowl 55

-I would like to take your money because it's a built in get out of Dodge for me. Bucs do as they have all year, I win and I take your happy hour funds for a day. They win, doubt I would be very salty about paying you out. So it's kind of a win win for me whether I collect or not. That's usually a dangerous person to gamble with, you sure GM?

So even though the Bucs are my 2nd fav team and logic would tell you that I have a pretty good beat on them and this is not reverse jinx, you're willing to give me Dallas Pk'em, do I have that right?

-There's a **** ton of rumors surrounding Brady and the team I hold near and dear to my empty heart. When a 46 yr old reincarnation of George Blanda becomes a viable weapon for your hometown team at Quarterback, you tend to get salty and quite sarcastic.

So you want the Bucs?
What are we playing for here...Starcade '86 Scaffold Match?

I tend to lean more towards the Royal Rumble '92 where it's the Ministry of Flair vs Everyone
So pick a number between 1 and 30

About the 30 minute mark we see General Rowdy Roddy Malaise take the ring :lol:

I stopped reading 1/3 through. Born and raised in Dallas; bled Cowboy Blue but 25+ years of agony is enough. This is not a team mentally ready for success.

And no, not SU. Why would I do that? I'm not a charity.

Tampa +2.5 (me) for $100. Yes or no?

Cowboys fans……tell me that last time the Boys won a road playoff game?

Bucs 27
Cowboys 17

Wow. You wrote that so I looked it up. They haven't won a road playoff game since 1992.

Tom Brady 7-0 against the Cowboys.

Dallas turns the ball over way too much on offense.

Yet...I still have doubts Tampa can win the game. Tampa just isn't a good football team. On any given Sunday I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread