What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Monday Night projections ? (1 Viewer)

Dragon1952

Footballguy
It seems like the projections crew thinks the football week is over on Sunday. They start the next weeks projections on Monday and you're just left to hang for yourself on Monday Night apparently.....no updated projections or discussion, etc. They have last minute Sunday morning updates....why not for Monday? You can imagine the number of fantasy teams with their game's outcome hanging in the balance on Monday Night. It seems like this should be an integral part of the week's information. In tonight's case, neither Dodds nor Bloom have projections for Stephen Hill even though he has evidently been cleared to play. Personally, I've got a choice between Kerley and Hill (hey....bye weeks....what can I say) and need 10.4 pts. I'd like to see their opinions. Maybe they update these later? If so, do you have to page back to Week 5 content? Am I missing something? If so, I apologize.

There is a drop down box for all the weeks content..
I realize that. My issue is that there is no follow up or updated projections for Monday Night Football past what you get on Sunday morning. In this particular case, Stephen Hill has just recently been cleared to play yet there are no updated projections for him, period. This, or related issues, have to come up all the time going into Monday Night yet FBG's act like the week is over on Sunday.

EDIT: Unless I'm missing something

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a drop down box for all the weeks content..
I realize that. My issue is that there is no follow up or updated projections for Monday Night Football past what you get on Sunday morning. In this particular case, Stephen Hill has just recently been cleared to play yet there are no updated projections for him, period. This, or related issues, have to come up all the time going into Monday Night yet FBG's act like the week is over on Sunday.EDIT: Unless I'm missing something
i personally would prefer fbg staff to not waste their efforts in projecting jets player stats.

Hi Dragon. You're not missing anything. We generally do not update projections beyond kickoff of the late games on Sunday. By Monday morning, I'm working on the next week's projections. In my spreadsheet right now, the Jets are facing the Steelers rather than the Falcons. I think it's typically rare that people still have non-obvious lineup decisions to make among Monday night players. But sometimes it does happen, and Kerley vs. Hill is a good example, so your point has merit and I understand where you're coming from. Sorry I can't give you better news, but right now we don't update beyond Sunday's 4:00 p.m. games.

Hi Dragon. You're not missing anything. We generally do not update projections beyond kickoff of the late games on Sunday. By Monday morning, I'm working on the next week's projections. In my spreadsheet right now, the Jets are facing the Steelers rather than the Falcons. I think it's typically rare that people still have non-obvious lineup decisions to make among Monday night players. But sometimes it does happen, and Kerley vs. Hill is a good example, so your point has merit and I understand where you're coming from. Sorry I can't give you better news, but right now we don't update beyond Sunday's 4:00 p.m. games.
Thank you....I appreciate the courteous and thoughtful response. I'm not sure I necessarily agree that it's rare to have non-obvious decisions on Monday Night. I mean, why would one game be less or more obvious than any other game? Personally, and I'm sure many if not most here would agree, it's not the obvious decisions most of us need help with anyway. I don't think the staff would have to put much effort into a short blurb about the Monday Night match-ups though, and I'm sure it would be appreciated considering many people do have outcomes dependent on this last game of the week, so in a way it is often the more important game. Even if they just looked to determine if there was an obvious issue, such as tonight.

I am projecting Matt Ryan to have a Romo-like or Manning (the Peyton variety)-like night tonight. About 450 passing yards and 4-5 TDs - maybe even a rushing one.

Nah, not really - but I need him to, so I will project him to. Tout your own guy...it's the Sharkpool way.

Carry on.

I'm not sure I necessarily agree that it's rare to have non-obvious decisions on Monday Night. I mean, why would one game be less or more obvious than any other game?
Because it's Monday night. How often do you think people are trying to decide who to start between two players who both play the same position, are both playing in the Monday night game, and are close enough in value that it's not an obvious call? It has to be extremely rare.

Also, what's changed since yesterday that would meaningfully impact the projections for guys like Kerley and Hill tonight? The staff spent all last week doing their wee 5 projections, I'm not sure what more you are looking for in the hours leading up to MNF.

Edit: Just realized you said that Dodds doesn't have any projections for Hill tonight. If that's the case, I agree that's an oversight, he was pretty much cleared on Saturday, right? My point, though, was that generally there's not going to be much that's going to happen between Sunday night and Monday night to drastically change whatever projections have already been posted.

I'm not sure I necessarily agree that it's rare to have non-obvious decisions on Monday Night. I mean, why would one game be less or more obvious than any other game?
Because it's Monday night. How often do you think people are trying to decide who to start between two players who both play the same position, are both playing in the Monday night game, and are close enough in value that it's not an obvious call? It has to be extremely rare.

Also, what's changed since yesterday that would meaningfully impact the projections for guys like Kerley and Hill tonight? The staff spent all last week doing their wee 5 projections, I'm not sure what more you are looking for in the hours leading up to MNF.
:goodposting:

I guess if he's really hard pressed, the AC forum is just down the hall on the left. Dragon, be sure to cut the lights off in their before you leave. kthx.

Jesus H people either can't, or don't read. BECAUSE THEY NEVER DID ANY PROJECTIONS FOR STEPHEN-FREAKING-HILL. And the point is, IF WE GET LATE UPDATES ON EVERY OTHER GAME WHY CAN'T WE GET THEM ON THIS GAME TOO. Christ, it's a valid point. I pay for expert opinions not the freakin' AC forum who are just a bunch of dumbasses like the rest of us.

It seems like the projections crew thinks the football week is over on Sunday. They start the next weeks projections on Monday and you're just left to hang for yourself on Monday Night apparently.....no updated projections or discussion, etc. They have last minute Sunday morning updates....why not for Monday? You can imagine the number of fantasy teams with their game's outcome hanging in the balance on Monday Night. It seems like this should be an integral part of the week's information. In tonight's case, neither Dodds nor Bloom have projections for Stephen Hill even though he has evidently been cleared to play. Personally, I've got a choice between Kerley and Hill (hey....bye weeks....what can I say) and need 10.4 pts. I'd like to see their opinions. Maybe they update these later? If so, do you have to page back to Week 5 content? Am I missing something? If so, I apologize.
Disagree. While projections could change, they would serve virtually zero purpose. It's not like anyone has any flexibility left to change anything, unless you had an injury, in which case you better have pre-planned a backup anyway. Let them have the day off...it's the only day we don't really need any thing from FBGs

Jesus H people either can't, or don't read. BECAUSE THEY NEVER DID ANY PROJECTIONS FOR STEPHEN-FREAKING-HILL. And the point is, IF WE GET LATE UPDATES ON EVERY OTHER GAME WHY CAN'T WE GET THEM ON THIS GAME TOO.
See my edit above. And stop being such a baby. You're going to lose either way.

And I CAN make my own decision which isn't the point. If I had a gun to my head I'd say.....FLIP A FREAKIN' COIN! THEY'LL BOTH PROBABLY FINISH PRETTY CLOSE TOGETHER ANYWAY! There....I did it.

I don't have a dog in this fight, except for a general dislike of the Jets, but I just saw that the Falcons are favored by 10 in this matchup. I don't know what business a 1-3 team has being a 10 point favorite over any 2-2 team, especially when the Jets fared better against their only common opponent so far (the Patriots). The Jets are playing decent defense right now, and the Falcons are paper thin on offense, with Roddy still suffering from that high ankle, Steven Jackson still out, and now Julio hurting, too. The Falcons have played a tougher schedule than the Jets so far, and this is a home game, but that's way too big a line for a team struggling as badly as they are on offense.

For the OP, I'd go Hill over Kerley. Hill's a little more boom or bust, but he had 3 for 108 and a TD in his last healthy game and has had 9.8 points or more in PPR all three of his healthy weeks. Kerley's had 3 for 45, 0, 2 for 25 and 4 for 65, which means he just barely cleared the 10.4 mark once in PPR, and never in non-PPR. Not a good bet imo.

I don't have a dog in this fight, except for a general dislike of the Jets, but I just saw that the Falcons are favored by 10 in this matchup. I don't know what business a 1-3 team has being a 10 point favorite over any 2-2 team, especially when the Jets fared better against their only common opponent so far (the Patriots). The Jets are playing decent defense right now, and the Falcons are paper thin on offense, with Roddy still suffering from that high ankle, Steven Jackson still out, and now Julio hurting, too. The Falcons have played a tougher schedule than the Jets so far, and this is a home game, but that's way too big a line for a team struggling as badly as they are on offense.

For the OP, I'd go Hill over Kerley. Hill's a little more boom or bust, but he had 3 for 108 and a TD in his last healthy game and has had 9.8 points or more in PPR all three of his healthy weeks. Kerley's had 3 for 45, 0, 2 for 25 and 4 for 65, which means he just barely cleared the 10.4 mark once in PPR, and never in non-PPR. Not a good bet imo.
I pretty much have the same opinion and I did just insert Hill. Thank you for a civil response.

And good call on your assessment of the sensibility of the spread.

Users who are viewing this thread