What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Moore starting over Bennett (1 Viewer)

the role we have for him, or we're planning for him once we get everyone back.[/B]
That doesn't sound promising for those in the "Bennett will regain primary back status" camp.The "easing back" part is especially good news for Moore owners.

Thanks for posting this. :thumbup:

the role we have for him, or we're planning for him once we get everyone back.[/B]
That doesn't sound promising for those in the "Bennett will regain primary back status" camp.The "easing back" part is especially good news for Moore owners.

IMO it sounds best for Smith owners.

IMO it sounds best for Smith owners.
I have to laugh at a lot of these posts in these type of threads, such as Green vs Suggs, Moore vs Bennett vs Smith, and Griffin vs Bell. I feel like I'm in one of those political spin rooms after the Presidential debates and they ask each side how their guy did. Everybody reads into a quote or comment and each side comes up with the analysis that it benefits their guy. They believe and see only what they want to. Some posters analysis is worthless due to their undieing loyalty to their guy, even if their guy has been injured for 5 straight seasons or has yet to prove anything in his short career and now is suspended due to drug use and is only 1 positive test away from a year long suspension and they gloss over the fact he was also kicked off his college team over drugs. The yards are gonna be spread around between the three and it will be different game to game and there is not even many rush tds to justify a hot debate on which Minn rb is best. JMO

The yards are gonna be spread around between the three and it will be different game to game and there is not even many rush tds to justify a hot debate on which Minn rb is best. JMO
Yeah, not many TDs, true enough. But for those in peformance/point-per-reception leagues, I think the debate has some merit. Especially if you drafted Barlow. :yucky: Moore's performance these past two weeks has made the difference between wins and losses for me. Maybe my head is in the sand, or I'm practicing hear-no-evil-see-no-evil -- more than likely it's just desperate wishful thinking on my part, but I'm clinging to the OC's comments that you "ride" the hot hand. It'll take a good game from Moore against a good run D to perhaps sway some opinions (and yes, some pass-blocking from MM would be nice, too), but I could care less if he's the best RB there talent-wise or a very lucky third-string back in the right place at the right time, I don't have much choice in the matter. My limited roster space doesn't have room for two Minn RBs, let alone three, so at least I'm free of the burden of agonizing over which to start once all are back into the fold. I can only hope that Moore does so well in the short amount of time he has the spotlight that they feel they have to keep him out there for the majority of carries and Moore emerges as this year's rookie 1000 yd back.Because, you know, Barlow owners need this right now...

Moore owners can stop their rejoicing.Just heard Tice on his coaches show tonight and it was Moe Williams this and Michael Bennet that.This is a big time RBBC starting against Tennessee and Moore will never see the ball inside the 20 unless he takes it all the way himself.
Sour grapes. Guarantee you don't own M Moore, and you're probably matched up against him this week.

I have to laugh at a lot of these posts in these type of threads...Some posters analysis is worthless due to their undieing loyalty to their guy, even if their guy has been injured for 5 straight seasons or has yet to prove anything in his short career and now is suspended due to drug use and is only 1 positive test away from a year long suspension and they gloss over the fact he was also kicked off his college team over drugs.
What I think is equally as funny is when people post in threads like this and act as if they can predict the future.Sure Bennett hasn't been healthy, and Smith is currently suspended, but no one can predict what will happen when they return.Bennett may hold up well, and people will forget he's fragile, like has happened with Taylor... and then with his speed he may push everyone in the backfield back to the bench...Smith could be totally clean, after all he's had ONE incident in the NFL, and his college incident was long enough to go, that had he been in the NFL at the time, the two incidents would not move him into phase two of the substance abuse program. In other words, even if he screws up again in four years, it means nothing! And maybe he does become featured as Tice hinted.But the thing about these threads, is that for the most part people are taking a stand on something they believe in. The ones that turn this thread into a mockery are the ones who only post to ridicule.

I have to laugh at a lot of these posts in these type of threads...Some posters analysis is worthless due to their undieing loyalty to their guy, even if their guy has been injured for 5 straight seasons or has yet to prove anything in his short career and now is suspended due to drug use and is only 1 positive test away from a year long suspension and they gloss over the fact he was also kicked off his college team over drugs.
What I think is equally as funny is when people post in threads like this and act as if they can predict the future.Sure Bennett hasn't been healthy, and Smith is currently suspended, but no one can predict what will happen when they return.Bennett may hold up well, and people will forget he's fragile, like has happened with Taylor... and then with his speed he may push everyone in the backfield back to the bench...Smith could be totally clean, after all he's had ONE incident in the NFL, and his college incident was long enough to go, that had he been in the NFL at the time, the two incidents would not move him into phase two of the substance abuse program. In other words, even if he screws up again in four years, it means nothing! And maybe he does become featured as Tice hinted.But the thing about these threads, is that for the most part people are taking a stand on something they believe in. The ones that turn this thread into a mockery are the ones who only post to ridicule.
Yeah Switz, Smith could be totally clean, that is why he is currently serving a 4 game suspension for drugs. Come back down to where most people live it is called Reality. Smith is a young punk who may eventually grow up and realize his potential, but right now no team can count on him as their main ball carrier when he is only 1 positive test away from a yrs suspension. And for the Bennett lovers out there, he has great speed not great instincts, but the guy cannot be relied on either cause he just can't stay healthy. And for the Moore campers, let us not get ahead of ourselves and annoint him into the HOF just yet, he has only started 2 games. He has shown a lot of promise but this backfield is way too crowded and cloudy to get a good read on it. And for the Moe backers well I'm afraid there is no hope for you guys clinging to Tice' quote about Moe being the short yardage back. Count how many rush tds Minny rb have. My views on the situation is that Smith is the most overall talented one out of the bunch, but he cannot be trusted to handle the load. Bennett is the fastest, but lacks instincts compared to the others and he cannot stay healthy. Moore is talented and has the best hands but he is unproven. It will be rbbc and the top rusher will change from game to game and not many rush td . Avoid them except Moore for the next two weeks or run out and stock up on Pepto Bismol. JMO

Users who are viewing this thread