What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

More WR Trivia (1 Viewer)

David Yudkin

Footballguy
There have been 11 WR in the modern era of football (played post 1960) that have played at least 100 games and averaged at least 10 fantasy points a game over their entire careers (0.1 pt = 1 yard, 6 pts = TD, 0 pts per rec). Who ya got?

Jerry Rice - Yes

Chris Carter - No

Torry Holt - Yes

Randy Moss - Yes

Charlie Joiner - No

Steve Largent - No

TO - Yes
4 down, 7 to go.You guys are funny. Yesterday people were asking for more of these, yet today no one cares. Go figure . . .

Marvin Harrison has got to be one as well.
Yes
Isacc Bruce

Jimmy Smith
Bruce - YesSmith - No

Will also throw out two more names that I am less sure about:

Mark Clayton

Rod Smith
No
Andre Reed
No
Last Guess: Lance Alworth
YesSo far:

Rice

Moss

Harrison

Alworth

T.O.

Holt

Sharpe

Bruce

Three more to go. If my research is correct, they'll be tough ones to just guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was going to say Tim Brown but I bet he falls short due to his last few years in the league.

The one guy left is the one ranked 11th on this list. He averaged 10.01 ppg over his career.
I was SHOCKED that this guy was on the list. Stunned.
As a Skins fan, I remember watching him twice a year and him being good. His numbers surprised me. But, I do remember him being a big play guy.

Moss 13.00Harrison 12.31Owens 11.88Rice 11.87Holt 11.62Alworth 11.48Powell 11.03Sharpe 10.80Mitchell 10.59Bruce 10.23Quick 10.02

Though in all fairness, Bobby Mitchell was a HB/Flanker. He RAN for almost 3000 yards and 20 TD's, which inflates his stats considerably :)Give us more trivia!

Once all the obvious receivers were gone, it had to be someone who was really good for enough years to get to close to the 100 game mark, but whose career must have ended relatively early to avoid extra games that dragged down the PPG average. I remember how great he and Roy Green both were back in the early to mid-1980's but neither guy could stay healthy.

Though in all fairness, Bobby Mitchell was a HB/Flanker. He RAN for almost 3000 yards and 20 TD's, which inflates his stats considerably :)

Give us more trivia!
Mitchell was a HB for four years in Cleveland. Once he got to Washington, he was a FL. And, he was a backup HB to Jim Brown in Cleveland, so he wasn't exactly carrying the load.His Washington stats, as FL, would be 98 games and 7.7 ppg. That included an extremely unproductive final season. That 7.7 jumps up to 8.7 without that final season.

Users who are viewing this thread