What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Most Underrated Player (1 Viewer)

Seahawks: Mack Strong, FB.

Lead blocker who paves the way for all those yards for the RB's for the last decade - the main reason the Seahawks have been so successful running the ball over tha span, since he predates Walter Jones. Used to be the best player in the NFL who had never made a Pro Bowl - going this year. Good pass catcher. Best name for a fullback ever.

I seriously doubt any Seahawks fans will pick anyone else.
You can't be underrated in a year when you're an all pro. He's considered the best fullback in football, and I agree. I say Willie McGinnest. Very rarely mentioned among the NFL greats at DE/OLB, but he hold the record for playoff sacks, with far fewer games than Reggie White and Bruce Smith. Time and again over his career, he has come up w/ the big play when we need it. Remember the sack last year on 3rd down against Indi, in the regular season to push them to the brink of field goal range, when Vanderjagt missed? Classic Willie.

But, there are many on the Pats. Kevin Faulk? Both the rookie linemen Logan Mankins and Nick Kaczur. Ellis Hobbs and James Sanders. Not superstars, but just solid football players. Mike Vrabell. Rosie Colvin. Before last year, and for many this year, the great Tedy Bruschi. People talk about how it's all scheme, but it's not. These guys are players.

Bills - Aaron Schobel. The guy gets no recognition and has double digit sacks year after year. Angelo Crowell also did an excellent job filling in for Spikes this year.

New York Jets - WR Jerricho Cotchery

Nobody knows about this dude cuz' the Jets burried him at #4 on the depth chart behind Chrebet. He broke virtually all of Torry Holt's records at NC State and you will have a hard time to find a more sure-handed WR in the NFL. Cotchery drops NOTHING.

HTH.
Good call. Might be the best reciever in the NFL nobody's heard of. He's undrafted in my dynasty league. That's going to change.

Steelers' FB Dan Kreider. Rarely carries the ball, or gets receptions. He'll probably never make the Pro Bowl, but at LEAST as good a blocker as Strong and Lorenzo. When he plays in front of the Bus is when Pitt's running game can't be stopped w/ 8 or 9 in the box.

All this Chris Chambers talk is silly. He made the pro-bowl over some accomplished receivers. hes far from under-rated.Offense: Wes Welker - Has proven to be a very sure-handed, effective #3 WR and has stabilized the Dolphins Depth at the position. Hes also a reliable return man. Defense: David Bowens - Gets good pressure on the QB (7 sacks) and plays several roles on Defene. A high motor and solid contributor to an exciting defense.

REDSKINS:

On offense: OT Jon Jansen. He is quite possibly the best RT in the league, but never gets any credit come Pro Bowl time, since only LTs get the spotlight over the course of a season.

On defense: DT Joe Salava'e. He is a monster in the midde, and constantly gets his big paws up to bat down passes. He has been instrumental in batting balls that have been picked off by the secondary. Especially over the last 3 weeks.
I agree on Salave'a. I disagree on Jansen. Two years ago, yes, but he's not fully back to his old level of play after that knee injury last year. My offensive nominee would be Randy Thomas, who this year was easily their most dominant and most consistent o-lineman. If RT's never get any recognition, then OG's certainly don't!

Users who are viewing this thread