What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Movies youre embarrassed to say you like (1 Viewer)

Holy crap. We watched that every damn day in college. Awesome movie. 
We watched it all the time.  Guy across the street from us was one of the skaters in the climactic "Devil's Hill" race.  
Also fun trying to figure out where all the Devil's Hill scenes were shot, since it was made up of probably 10 different streets in Cincinnati.

This is kind of like the thread about songs you are embarrassed to like. I'm not really embarrassed to like any movies or songs. 

BUT, in the spirit of the thread, I LOVE teen movies. Especially if there is teen angst. Can't get enough of them. For example:

What a Girl Wants - where Amanda Bynes is British royalty. Awesome.

Not a teen movie, but San Andreas has been discussed in another thread. Its been on HBO a lot. I keep watching. Because a) the Rock is awesome and b) Alexandra Daddario.

Flash Gordon

Cheesy fun, but it's actually a pretty solid fantasy action plot. The handpainted cartoon backdrops are appealing, and the soundtrack by Queen is excellent. Max von Sydow and Brian Blessed both turn in good performances.

Despyzer said:
Flash Gordon

Cheesy fun, but it's actually a pretty solid fantasy action plot. The handpainted cartoon backdrops are appealing, and the soundtrack by Queen is excellent. Max von Sydow and Brian Blessed both turn in good performances.
This is a ####ing incredible movie and should not be mentioned in this thread.

I cried during Bridges of Madison County.  Like every time I watch it. 
I have never cried so much as when I watched "If I Stay." I was teary every time I thought about it for about a week. I have three daughters and two of them are about that age, but it was still an emotional movie.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is kind of like the thread about songs you are embarrassed to like. I'm not really embarrassed to like any movies or songs. 

BUT, in the spirit of the thread, I LOVE teen movies. Especially if there is teen angst. Can't get enough of them. For example:

What a Girl Wants - where Amanda Bynes is British royalty. Awesome.

Not a teen movie, but San Andreas has been discussed in another thread. Its been on HBO a lot. I keep watching. Because a) the Rock is awesome and b) Alexandra Daddario.
This is about where I am.  Not really embarrassed by anything I like, but I do probably like rom/com and the teen comedies more than the typical grown man.  Can't Hardly Wait is a Favorite of mine, as is dozens of others in the same vein from the 90s and 00s. 

We watched it all the time.  Guy across the street from us was one of the skaters in the climactic "Devil's Hill" race.  
Also fun trying to figure out where all the Devil's Hill scenes were shot, since it was made up of probably 10 different streets in Cincinnati.
Didn't they somehow end up on the plaza level of Riverfront stadium, mid-race, which wasn't "downhill" from anywhere?

Users who are viewing this thread