What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mustang or Camaro? (1 Viewer)

Well, which is it, Sally?

• Total voters

Ron Swanson

Footballguy
Every red-blooded American male is either a Mustang guy or a Camaro guy.  Which are you? Tuner guys need not respond.

As a bonus, the classic "Mustangs and Camaros".  Without cheating, post the singer of this song for extra credit.

I own a Mustang now. I actually kinda hate it. I don’t want to be a sports car guy, but I pull up in it and I get bombarded “Hey how many horses you got?”  

I drive my wife’s 4Runner every chance I get. 

I own a Mustang now. I actually kinda hate it. I don’t want to be a sports car guy, but I pull up in it and I get bombarded “Hey how many horses you got?”  

I drive my wife’s 4Runner every chance I get. 
Back in the day, I had a Dodge Stealth.  All of the girls said "Hey, nice car!" 

Then I had kids and my father-in-law made me a deal I couldn't refuse on his Lexus LS.  I went to all of the 50+ old men saying "Hey, nice car."  I miss my Stealth.  

tldr: Mustang

I have a Mustang.  My old man bought me a Camaro t-shirt for Christmas that year.  He says that with their grill shape, when he sees them in his rearview mirror, they look like they are smiling.

out of these two it is the mustang and it is not really close but you dont have mopar in there so the whole thread is meaningless anyhow and while you dorks are fighting ford chevy ill be the guy taking the papershakers to the dance in my charger take that to the bank bromigos 

D-Day said:

Then I had kids and my father-in-law made me a deal I couldn't refuse on his Lexus LS.  I went to all of the 50+ old men saying "Hey, nice car."  I miss my Stealth.  

No one really says nice car though.  I basically get gear heads who want to chat cars, or teenagers who rev their engine at me for no apparent reason. I keep it because it’s been paid off for awhile and because I telecommute.  It’s a 2010 with 40k miles on it. I can keep it forever.  We take the “family car” wherever we go together since it’s got more room and amenities. 

Last edited by a moderator:
D-Day said:

No one really says nice car though.  I basically get gear heads who want to chat cars, or teenagers who rev their engine at me for no apparent reason. I keep it because it’s been paid off for awhile and because I telecommute.  It’s a 2010 with 40k miles on it. I can keep it forever.  We take the “family car” wherever we go together since it’s got more room and amenities. 
yeah it is tough when people think you are cool and tell you that so i understand take that to the bank bromigo

First Car - 87 IROC

Second Car - 97 TA WS6

Third Car - 97 Vette

Fourth Car - 13 Supercharged 1LE Camaro

Been without a fun car for a few years and dont really miss it.

Clearly I voted Camaro.

One dude down the street has a sweet looking dark red Camaro. I haven't paid much attention to the Mustangs, so I guess the Camaros must just look better to my eye.

My first car was a 1986 Dodge Charger - no, not the muscle car, the wimpy, 4-banger version.

One night I was going home after an Orioles game on Route 2 headed south. I'm sitting at a red light and a guy pulls up next to me in some sports car. He saw "Charger" and started revving his engine.  I revved mine a little (it sounded like a mildly amused hornet), and when the light turned I purposely sat still and let him roar off down the road in the vain hope he got a speeding ticket.

yeah it is tough when people think you are cool and tell you that so i understand take that to the bank bromigo
Who’s telling me I’m cool?  Like anything, whenever the gear heads start asking questions, it’s really just them trying to get an opening to talk about themselves.

”What year is that?”

me: “It’s a 20...”

”I used to have a 1974 Cobra.  That was back in HS and it was the best time in my life ever.  I see you got that one in black.”

me: “yeah, I thought abo...”

”Mine was cherry red and let me tell you... it was cherry HUR HUR HUR.”

I have a 69 Camaro, stored in my father's garage for the last 30 ish years. Dad bought it for me as a college graduation gift in 1985. Think he paid 1500 for it. The car was a caricature in a sense, the guy who owned it had taken out the backseat and put a full sized cooler in it, all covered in shag carpet. Dashboard was also covered in shag carpet. The guy even had fuzzy dice hanging from his RV mirror. Had a kill switch under the dash.

I only drove it about 2 years. I was driving it back and forth to UB for grad school and somebody vandalized it, had kind of a hood scoop and they ripped it apart. Since was repaired and repainted but interior needs redone (and possibly a pro paint job) and hasn't been started in decades. Just don't have the money for it. Hoping to get it done and pass it on to my son.

Im not a car guy but my Dad was a HUGE car guy so I was around that culture all the time-car shows, garages, etc. I was always a fan of Camaro's, still am, though I couldn't tell you a thing about the engine.

If we are talking classics then it's easily Mustang - if we are talking newer then it's closer but still Mustang for me.
Yes.

My 2nd car was a limited edition 1969 Mustang convertible.  It was such a popular car that some dude from New Zealand planned a family vacation around coming to buy it and arrange to have it shipped back.

Who’s telling me I’m cool?  Like anything, whenever the gear heads start asking questions, it’s really just them trying to get an opening to talk about themselves.

”What year is that?”

”I used to have a 1974 Cobra.  That was back in HS and it was the best time in my life ever.  I see you got that one in black.”

So true. I think they just want to talk. When I had my Mustang I couldn't get gas without somebody wanting to talk. 

”What year is that?”

oh i see well trade her in for a zesty little hyundai or possibly a mazda trust me no one will bother you about your car any more and you can go get that vanilla milk shake in peace take that to the bank brohan

No I have a 2016 Hellcat that is enough for me.  Lucky I haven't killed myself in it I sure don't need the extra HP.

Here is a Video between the two in a drag race.      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U71qJgTrNbI
Nice, I have the Charger Hellcat.  I would buy a Demon but I'm not paying some ridiculous ADM especially with the 797HP Redeye now an option.  The one closest to me MSRP is $89k and it's advertised for $200k ?

Mustang guy here but the Camaros of the current generation are the best performance bang for the buck. Chevy is truly making a great performance car, the only Mustang really on par at the moment is the GT350.  

Ron Swanson said:
Sure you don't want to go with Capri? The other ugly step sister?
Had a '75 Camaro in high school.  I've also had an '87 Mustang and an '83 Capri!  My wife currently has a '00 Mustang, she's had two others in the last 30 years ('81 and an '89).

I voted Camaro because I really would like one of the new ones.

On this day in 1964, the Ford Mustang was officially unveiled by Henry Ford II at the World’s Fair in Flushing Meadows, New York.  That same day, the new car also debuted in Ford showrooms across America.  Here are 5 things you probably didn't know about the Ford Mustang.

22,000 Were Sold on The First DayTo say people were excited about the Ford Mustang would be an understatement, as 22,000 units were sold on the first day. When the pony car made its debut on April 17, 1964, the base price was just $2,368. Ford’s original sales forecast for the Mustang in the first year was about 100,000. Instead, Ford sold 400,000 within the first 12 months of production and more than 1 million units were sold by March 1966. Since its debut, this iconic car has sold more than 9 million.

The Mustang Wasn’t Named After a Horse. Although many people started calling the Mustang “Pony,” it might have actually been named after the P-51 Mustang, which was a World War II fighter plane. Lee Iacocca, who helped design the Mustang, said it was popular to name vehicles after animals, but John Najjar, the designer, said he was the one who suggested the new Ford car be named for the fighter plane. Other names that were under consideration for the car were Torino, Avventura, Allegro, and Cougar.

The First Mustang Off the Production Line Ended Up in Canada. The Mustang designated with serial number 1 was a convertible in Wimbledon White that was never intended to be for sale. However, Stanley Tucker, a pilot for Eastern Airlines, talked a Newfoundland car dealer into selling him the car. It took two years before Ford talked Tucker into selling them the car with a promise of the 1 millionth Mustang to roll off the assembly line in exchange, which was produced in 1966. Today, that first Mustang is prominently displayed in the Henry Ford Museum. It still has Tucker’s license plate on it, too.

The Most Expensive Mustang Sold for $1.3 Million. The most expensive Mustang ever sold went for a whopping $1.3 million in 2013 at the Mecum Auction in Indianapolis. It was the rare 1967 Shelby GT500 Super Snake. Not only was it the first Mustang to be called a Super Snake, but it was the only one of its kind. Originally, only 50 were supposed to be made, but its $8,000 price tag didn’t sit well with potential buyers and thus only one was made. In addition to its one-of-a-kind status, this pony car also had a 427-cubic-inch V8 engine from a Ford GT40 race car under its hood.

Ford Put a Mustang on Top of The Empire State BuildingIn 2014, Ford put a Mustang GT convertible on the observation deck of the Empire State Building. It was in commemoration of the pony car’s 50th anniversary and its public debut at the New York World’s Fair in 1964. It took a team of engineers weeks to figure out how to take apart the Mustang GT and take it up in pieces on service elevators, since cranes and even a helicopter wouldn’t work with the building’s design. They even practiced taking the car apart and reassembling it in the early morning, so everything would be ready and presentable on time. Ford took full advantage of the press surrounding the event, splashing photos of the gleaming vehicle with the Big Apple spread out behind it.

https://triviatoday.com/blog/featured.asp?a=AB2734

Users who are viewing this thread