What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

My Brother had me beat and Reid benched McNabb (1 Viewer)

Breesisdaman

Footballguy
I have no idea how a playoff tie is broken but this has to really suck for my brother if he loses because of a tie when McNabb got benched there at the end.

Anyone ever been in this situation before? How does your league break a playoff tie?

Oddly enough, the same thing just happened in our league. Our league rules say that the higher seed holds the playoff tiebreaker. Considering we do tenths of a point, I'm amazed this happened period, let alone in the playoffs. :sadbanana:

As commish, I need to keep an eye out for scoring changes this week. I assume the scoring will be official by Thursday considering Week 16 starts that week?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no idea how a playoff tie is broken but this has to really suck for my brother if he loses because of a tie when McNabb got benched there at the end.Anyone ever been in this situation before? How does your league break a playoff tie?
What are your league's rules for this situation?

We also had a tie. Whoever has the highest scoring bench wins the tie breaker for playoff games.
My bench out scored his by 1 pointReally sucks because we both put up 3 digit scores for this game. My Brother is fit to be tied right now. I beat him by two points in last years superbowl. This was supposed to be his revenge game.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no idea how a playoff tie is broken but this has to really suck for my brother if he loses because of a tie when McNabb got benched there at the end.Anyone ever been in this situation before? How does your league break a playoff tie?
NFL.COM and I could find tie breakers for every scenario except playoff tie.To win division , to win wild card but no playoff tiebreaker is listed where I can find it in the rules

NFL.COM and I could find tie breakers for every scenario except playoff tie.To win division , to win wild card but no playoff tiebreaker is listed where I can find it in the rules
Ask Donovan Mcnabb about the rules for an NFL tie.

My Brother just emailed me and said the tiebreaker was Passing, Rushing and receiving yards totaled. My team won by 8 yards.

Users who are viewing this thread