What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

My childhood house is on the market. (1 Viewer)

I assume once they pass on that me and my sister will co-own it and rent it out.
Have that conversation with her before your parents pass, she may prefer to sell. You might have to buy out her half or she gets something else from your parent's estate instead.

We're definitely years away from that happening, and I certainly intend on clearing that up well beforehand.

Odd. The exact same thing is happening with me. My childhood home went on the market last week. It's about 45 miles north of where I'm living. We went through the open house last weekend. It was an odd experience...lots of memories popping up, but hard to place things as there has been some remodeling. My brother, sister and I are kicking around the idea of putting in an offer. But we can't really come up with a good reason why. None of us are going to move back there. And it's a lot to pay for some nostalgia.

My mom and her siblings still have my grandfathers house. Bought it around 1968 for $16k. It’s only worth about $350-$400k.

My grandfather always used to say that he bought that house so if anybody needed a stable place to stay, they would always have one.

All his kids and each of their kids have lived in that house at one time or another for various reasons. He would be proud that it hasn’t been sold.

Good times...enjoyed the walk through. Mom and I spent about an hour there. Only one other viewer came through while we were there. Realtor was real nice and actually was excited that we were there. We were able to give her quite a bit of information about the original house of which she was not aware...new wall built over an existing stone wall/wood burning fireplace; sealed up and existing shower in one of the bathrooms; sealed up 1st floor closet...none of these things made much sense to me as they created dead spaces that are now wasted. I was also able to show her the entrance to the attic which for some reason she didn't know about (door to staircase is actually in a closet). Anyway, it was fun to go through the house and mom enjoyed it. It was good excuse to get her out of the house on a beautiful Sunday afternoon.

Users who are viewing this thread