What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

My favorite new fact (1 Viewer)

wikkidpissah

Footballguy
Tom Brady, my new favorite athlete in the world, just cost Joe "Ghost of Kosar" Flacco almost a million bucks. From the Baltimore Sun:"Tom Brady's new contract lowers the 2013 exclusive franchise tag number from $20.46 million to $19.63 million."

Tom Brady, my new favorite athlete in the world, just cost Joe "Ghost of Kosar" Flacco almost a million bucks. From the Baltimore Sun:"Tom Brady's new contract lowers the 2013 exclusive franchise tag number from $20.46 million to $19.63 million."
Doesn't cost him a penny if/when he signs a long term deal. Might actually help him when you consider that another former Super Bowl winning QB just got $60M guaranteed (the most ever guaranteed money to any football player I believe).

Tom Brady, my new favorite athlete in the world, just cost Joe "Ghost of Kosar" Flacco almost a million bucks. From the Baltimore Sun:

"Tom Brady's new contract lowers the 2013 exclusive franchise tag number from $20.46 million to $19.63 million."
I'm a bit confused over that..what does it mean?

'Touchdown There said:
Flacco is not going to get the exclusive tag.
I don't get the hate. If I was a Ravens fan I would be clamoring for them to use the exclusive tag on him. The guy literally carried this team four games to winning the Super Bowl. That defense is average at best. Flacco is "The Man" and when you get "The Man" you don't let him go. This isn't 2002 and Flacco isn't Dilfer. The emphasis on the chuck rule has shortened the competitive field to those teams with "The Man" and you're not winning in today's game without him. Pay the man.

'Touchdown There said:
I don't get the hate. If I was a Ravens fan I would be clamoring for them to use the exclusive tag on him. The guy literally carried this team four games to winning the Super Bowl. That defense is average at best. Flacco is "The Man" and when you get "The Man" you don't let him go. This isn't 2002 and Flacco isn't Dilfer. The emphasis on the chuck rule has shortened the competitive field to those teams with "The Man" and you're not winning in today's game without him. Pay the man.Why would you clamor for the franchise tag? All indications are that they're going to get a deal done. A longterm deal is much better than the franchise tag.

Last edited by a moderator:
My favorite new fact is that more people follow the Texans cheerleaders on twitter than follow the Rams, Bucs, Jags or Cardinals team accounts. They already more than double up the Cardinals, and need to up their followers by 10% to have more followers than the Jags and Cardinals combined.

Last edited by a moderator:
The guy literally carried this team four games to winning the Super Bowl.
This place needs more Smoo.Didn't you get the memo? They changed it:
lit·er·al·ly/ˈlɪtərəli/ [lit-er-uh-lee]

adverb

1. in the literal or strict sense: What does the word mean literally?

2. in a literal manner; word for word: to translate literally.

3. actually; without exaggeration or inaccuracy: The city was literally destroyed.

4. in effect; in substance; very nearly; virtually.

Users who are viewing this thread