What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

My Favorite PRE-Combine Mock (1 Viewer)

Bracie Smathers

Footballguy
I never heard of the guy before either but I like his version of any PRE-Combine mock that I've seen to date.

Well its not perfect but I really like how he has the first 13 picks going off the board.

From pick 14 on eh but the first thirteen look pretty good PRE-Combine to me.

Here it is:

My link

Pick No.

1 KC - Geno Smith QB West Virginia

If the Chiefs are unable to re-sign offensive tackle Branden Albert, this pick will likely be spent on Texas A&M's Luke Joeckel. Assuming Albert's still around, I could see Andy Reid making the decision to roll the dice with Smith's upside at the quarterback position.

2 JAC - Jarvis Jones OLB Georgia

Pass rush is the No. 1 area of need for the Jaguars. New head coach Gus Bradley employs a scheme that can feature an undersized pass rusher like Jones (see: Bruce Irvin in Seattle). General manager David Caldwell spent the majority of his scouting career in Indianapolis, where undersized pass rushers Dwight Freeney and Robert Mathis enjoyed tremendous success.

3 OAK - Sharrif Floyd DT Florida

The Raiders need a dynamic player on their defensive front. Floyd has outstanding quickness and could quickly emerge as one of the NFL's top interior pass rushers.

4 PHI - Star Lotulelei DT Utah

The Eagles are focused on getting bigger on defense as they adjust their scheme with a new coaching staff. Lotulelei would form an excellent tandem with last year's first-round pick, Fletcher Cox.

5 DET - Luke Joeckel OT Texas A&M

In this scenario, the Lions would be ecstatic. Joeckel is the top offensive tackle in the draft, and he would start in Detroit from Day 1. Current left tackle Jeff Backus is 35 years old, while starting right tackle Gosder Cherilus is about to become an unrestricted free agent. Joeckel could team up with Riley Reiff to provide the Lions with two very tough, smart and physical building blocks to protect Matthew Stafford.

6 CLE - Dee Milliner CB Alabama

The Browns could go in a number of different directions with this pick. The previous regime was sky high on Oregon linebacker Dion Jordan, but I have the current leadership electing to solidify the cornerback position. The AFC North has quietly evolved into a passing division, and Milliner would join Joe Haden to form an excellent coverage duo in Cleveland.

7 ARI - Eric Fisher OT Central Michigan

There is a lot of buzz out there that the Cardinals are high on N.C. State QB Mike Glennon. I could very easily see them shoring up the left tackle position with Fisher and then trying to trade into the bottom of the first round to snag Glennon.

8 BUF - Dion Jordan DE Oregon

I was with new Buffalo defensive coordinator Mike Pettine for four years in Baltimore. He loves versatile defenders who allow his creative mind to mess with opposing quarterbacks. Jordan is a perfect fit for that role.

9 NYJ - Cordarrelle Patterson WR Tennessee

The Jets need explosive players on offense. Patterson is a perfect fit to provide some excitement on the outside. He also provides additional value on special teams, contributing as both a kick and punt returner.

10 TEN - Chance Warmack OG Alabama

The Titans have a solid pair of tackles, but they could use an upgrade on the interior of their offensive line. Warmack is a dominating run blocker and he doesn't have any trouble anchoring down versus powerful interior pass rushers. His presence would benefit both Jake Locker and Chris Johnson.

11 SD - Lane Johnson OT Oklahoma

I haven't been shy in expressing my feelings about Johnson's ability. He is just scratching the surface of how good he can become. The former junior college quarterback dominated at the Senior Bowl and would be an enormous upgrade at left tackle for the Chargers.

12 MIA - Kenny Vaccaro SS Texas

Vaccaro is one of my favorite players in this draft. He is an explosive hitter and boasts the speed and agility to cover in the slot. The Dolphins must add help at the receiver position, but they can address that need in another round. There isn't a Julio Jones or A.J. Green in this draft, but there is incredible depth at the position.

13 TB - Damontre Moore DE Texas A&M

Moore is a long, rangy defender who plays with a non-stop motor. I don't view him as the top-five talent many others see, but he is very capable of producing eight to 10 sacks on a yearly basis. And if Michael Bennett departs via free agency, this would fill a need for the Buccaneers.

--------------------------------------------------------------

14 CAR - Sheldon Richardson DT Missouri

I've never graded an interior defensive lineman with a better motor than Richardson. He routinely makes plays 20 to 30 yards downfield, chasing down ball carriers. He would give the Panthers an athletic interior presence to complement their edge rushers.

15 NO - Bjoern Werner DE Florida St.

Werner is a tough player to evaluate. I love his initial quickness, balance and production, but I thought he lacked explosiveness in his hands at Florida State and never saw him convert speed to power as a rusher. Teams are very split on him. Some have him in the top 10, while others have him in the second round. I'll split the difference and put him right here.

16 STL - Jonathan Cooper OG North Carolina

The Rams need to upgrade their offensive line and Cooper is an outstanding talent who would start from Day 1. There are some teams that have him rated as one of the top 10 players in this draft. He has the ability to play any of the three interior positions.

17 PIT - Barkevious Mingo DE LSU

Pittsburgh is always on the lookout for talented edge rushers and Mingo fits that profile. He needs to get bigger and stronger, but his get-off quickness has teams excited.

18 DAL - Ezekiel Ansah DE BYU

Ansah had a poor week of practice at the Senior Bowl, but he made up for it with a dominant performance in the game. He is still incredibly raw, but he has the tools to develop into a double-digit sack artist at the next level.

19 NYG - Alec Ogletree ILB Georgia

The Giants could spend this pick on an offensive lineman, but Ogletree might be too intriguing to pass up. He has excellent size, range and explosiveness. If he just took on blocks with his hands instead of turning his shoulder, he would likely be a top-10 pick.

20 CHI - Kevin Minter ILB LSU

Minter might lack ideal size, but he plays with excellent instincts, toughness and quickness. He made a ton of plays for LSU's defense and would provide the Bears with some much-needed youth at the linebacker spot.

21 CIN - Manti Te'o ILB Notre Dame

Is there a team better equipped to handle the Te'o situation? Marvin Lewis has dealt with Chad Johnson/Ochocinco, Terrell Owens, the late Chris Henry, Pacman Jones and Vontaze Burfict. He'll gladly welcome questions about a fake girlfriend. All of the craziness aside, Te'o is a solid player and would fill a need for the Bengals.

22 STL - Menelik Watson OT Florida St.

Watson is the offensive version of Ezekiel Ansah. He is very raw, but his upside is sky high. He lacks the size of Alabama's D.J. Fluker, but he is much quicker and projects as a better pass protector at the next level.

23 MIN - DeAndre Hopkins WR Clemson

Minnesota's passing attack was non-existent in 2012. Hopkins is a versatile playmaker who would be an excellent complement to receiver Percy Harvin and tight end Kyle Rudolph.

24 IND - Kwann Short T urdue

Short dominated all week long at the Senior Bowl. He has the power and quickness to play in either a three- or four-man front. After focusing on offense in last year's draft, expect the Colts to address the defensive side of the ball this April. Short's effort has been called into question by some evaluators, but Indianapolis general manager Ryan Grigson played at Purdue and should be able to get to the bottom of that issue.

25 SEA - Keenan Allen WR California

Russell Wilson was outstanding last season, and it only makes sense to continue to surround him with playmakers. Allen isn't going to test well in Indy and could easily fall into Pete Carroll's lap with this selection.

26 GB - Xavier Rhodes CB Florida St.

Can he run? That is the main question surrounding Rhodes. He is very good on tape. He's long, athletic and knows how to play the ball in the air. However, I never saw him really tested deep to gauge his top speed. If he runs under a 4.5 40-yard dash, he could go much higher than this spot.

27 HOU - Eric Reid FS LSU

The Texans need to upgrade the secondary. Reid would be a good fit in their defensive system. He didn't play as well last season as he did in 2011, but his size, range and ball skills are very enticing.

28 DEN - Sylvester Williams DT North Carolina

The Broncos don't have many glaring needs on their roster. They should be able to sit tight and just select the best available player. Williams is a quick interior pass rusher with enough strength to hold up versus the run. He was overshadowed at the Senior Bowl by Short, but he also had an impressive week of practice.

29 NE - Johnathan Hankins DT Ohio St.

Hankins is a big, powerful run stuffer with a little bit of wiggle as a pass rusher. The Patriots could also look to address the cornerback position with this pick. Another option could be Florida safety Matt Elam.

30 ATL - Tyler Eifert TE Notre Dame

The Falcons will need to add a tight end in this draft if Tony Gonzalez does indeed end up retiring. There are several quality players to choose from. Eifert and Stanford's Zach Ertz have been mentioned with this Falcons pick, but I wouldn't sleep on Florida's Jordan Reed. His stock is quickly rising.

31 SF - Tavon Austin WR West Virginia

Can you imagine the explosive Austin in this offense? He can line up in the slot or in the backfield and he's a threat to score every time he touches the ball. He would provide an endless amount of headaches for opposing defensive coordinators in San Francisco's system.

32 BAL - Sam Montgomery DE LSU

Baltimore is always going to take the best available player, regardless of position. That said, Montgomery would provide some much-needed insurance should the Ravens lose Paul Kruger to free agency. Montgomery would team up with Terrell Suggs and Courtney Upshaw to provide a diverse and dynamic outside pass-rushing trio.

Don't see any possible way GB takes a corner in the 1st.TramonShiledsHaywardHouse4th round at the highest before they would look at a corner and I don't even think its likely that they draft a corner unless its after several Thompson trade downs and he uses an extra 6th or 7th rounder he acquired.

Don't see any possible way GB takes a corner in the 1st.TramonShiledsHaywardHouse4th round at the highest before they would look at a corner and I don't even think its likely that they draft a corner unless its after several Thompson trade downs and he uses an extra 6th or 7th rounder he acquired.
I think any mock draft could be described as a JINGA game where after so many names(pieces) get pulled out it inevitably fails and that goes doubly-so for an early PRE-Combine mock.That is why I pointed out why after the first thirteen picks it seems to fall apart so anyone yelping about picks made after the first thirteen probably has a valid point so point granted.I hadn't seen anyone having two DTs going off the board to OAK and PHI and I think he's got that right and I also feel Geno is the top QB and he'll separate and very-well could wind up going to KC. I also like Fisher going where he has him, basically the top thirteen looks pretty good so I had to give this guy and his mock props.I just like this one based on the top-thirteen picks.

Jeremiah is an excellent source of information and analysis. Been a scout for a couple teams in the past IIRC.He's @MoveTheSticks on twitter.

I think any mock draft could be described as a JINGA game where after so many names(pieces) get pulled out it inevitably fails and that goes doubly-so for an early PRE-Combine mock.That is why I pointed out why after the first thirteen picks it seems to fall apart so anyone yelping about picks made after the first thirteen probably has a valid point so point granted.I hadn't seen anyone having two DTs going off the board to OAK and PHI and I think he's got that right and I also feel Geno is the top QB and he'll separate and very-well could wind up going to KC. I also like Fisher going where he has him, basically the top thirteen looks pretty good so I had to give this guy and his mock props.I just like this one based on the top-thirteen picks.Agree that any mocks even up until the draft get clouded quite a bit after a few picks.Just always interesting to see a mock go so far off of what anyone would expect GB to do.Hell, Thompson is usually far off of what people expect...so maybe this pick would be right on.

It doesn't sound like Cheifs are going QB with their #1 pick

According to new Chiefs' G.M. John Dorsey, for example, "there is no quarterback where personnel guys can definitely say 'he's a first-round pick'. There are so many inconsistencies in the collective group. There is not one guy that has stood up and said, 'I'm the guy in the position this year.' There really wasn't one clear-cut guy. There are too many technical flaws, scheme flaws. There are so many different variables that there are a lot of people all over the place on naming the top four or five guys and who those guys would be."
http://www.gbnreport.com/I will applaud Dorsey on draft day if he stands by his words.

As an Eagles fan this is a dream scanerio for us to be in. I would hope they trade back a spot but I don't care if the pick is Star or Joeckel.

If Miami can pass on WR in the first and still grab Terrance Williams in Round 2 that would be ideal. The more I see, the more I think he is the class of the draft at WR.

I don't see the Eagles passing on Joeckel at the 4 spot if he's there. If he slips to 5 that will be nuts.

According to new Chiefs' G.M. John Dorsey, for example, "there is no quarterback where personnel guys can definitely say 'he's a first-round pick'. There are so many inconsistencies in the collective group. There is not one guy that has stood up and said, 'I'm the guy in the position this year.' There really wasn't one clear-cut guy. There are too many technical flaws, scheme flaws. There are so many different variables that there are a lot of people all over the place on naming the top four or five guys and who those guys would be."
http://www.gbnreport.com/I will applaud Dorsey on draft day if he stands by his words.It's the time of the season to spread rumors/gossip/mis-truths and lies, right?

If Miami can pass on WR in the first and still grab Terrance Williams in Round 2 that would be ideal. The more I see, the more I think he is the class of the draft at WR.
I completely disagree. Williams looks very average and I expect a disappointing/mediocre NFL career.

http://www.gbnreport.com/I will applaud Dorsey on draft day if he stands by his words.
It's the time of the season to spread rumors/gossip/mis-truths and lies, right?That quote would make KC fans sleep much better if it came from Andy Reid...but it didnt.... ;)

Would love to see Ansah go to the Cowboys. I'm afraid he's gonna get JPP hype leading to the draft and go in the 7-12 range.
Lol, gotta hand it to you. Pretty astonding that you made that observation and it manifested yesterday in a conference call that Mayock did with the Cleveland media.Mike Mayock just so happened to offer a JPP analogy when asked a question about Ziggy.

My link

... here is what Mayock said about Ansah:

Q. "Could you comment on Ziggy Ansah, and do you see him projecting as a 3-4 outside linebacker?"

Mayock: "That's a good question. I couldn't wait to see him at the Senior Bowl. I thought he had an average week of practice, and in the one on one pass rushing drills, defense should dominate and he didn't dominate.

He was a guy that was so long, so athletic, so gifted. I just think he's so raw sometime it's can't come out. I don't think there is anybody on the in the NFL that doesn't think he's going to be a good player. But the question is when? Is it this year, next year or three years from now?

And really what you're determining and building the answer of that question is going to determine what you think the value of the kid is. How quickly can he become a really good player? Can he be Aldon Smith this year? Because he's got those kind of skills. It just has to come out of him.

Now can he play 3 4 outside linebacker? He's so gifted, some teams are looking at him as a 3 4 outside linebacker while other teams are saying with that frame, he could be 290 [pounds] and be a 3 4 defensive end.

So it's kind of interesting. Teams are looking at him a 4 3 end, a 3 4 outside linebacker, and a 3 4 end. You can't say that about many kids and it goes to his unbelievable athletic ability and huge frame.

I'm willing to bet on the kid. I think he's going to go earlier than later. When you get these kind of guys, and [Jason Pierre-Paul], he's way more raw than JPP was a couple years ago. People want to use that comparison, but he's not there yet. But I think he's going to become a good player."

I dont see any possible way Geno Smith goes #1 to the chiefs. That team has more holes than a project QB is going to fix. Andy Reid seems to like to build the lines. I see them trading out of the pick or taking a OL.

I think Geno to the Chiefs makes perfect sense. It would be Reid and McNabb all over again for the next 10 years. I actually think KC is a solid team and just needs a QB. If they don't take Geno that would certainly try to trade for Alex Smith and maybe take a QB in rounds 2-4

I think if the Saints go DE it'll be Mingo, assuming Moore and Jordan are gone by that point, which is very likely IMO

Would love to see Ansah go to the Cowboys. I'm afraid he's gonna get JPP hype leading to the draft and go in the 7-12 range.
Lol, gotta hand it to you. Pretty astonding that you made that observation and it manifested yesterday in a conference call that Mayock did with the Cleveland media.Mike Mayock just so happened to offer a JPP analogy when asked a question about Ziggy.

My link

... here is what Mayock said about Ansah:

Q. "Could you comment on Ziggy Ansah, and do you see him projecting as a 3-4 outside linebacker?"

Mayock: "That's a good question. I couldn't wait to see him at the Senior Bowl. I thought he had an average week of practice, and in the one on one pass rushing drills, defense should dominate and he didn't dominate.

He was a guy that was so long, so athletic, so gifted. I just think he's so raw sometime it's can't come out. I don't think there is anybody on the in the NFL that doesn't think he's going to be a good player. But the question is when? Is it this year, next year or three years from now?

And really what you're determining and building the answer of that question is going to determine what you think the value of the kid is. How quickly can he become a really good player? Can he be Aldon Smith this year? Because he's got those kind of skills. It just has to come out of him.

Now can he play 3 4 outside linebacker? He's so gifted, some teams are looking at him as a 3 4 outside linebacker while other teams are saying with that frame, he could be 290 [pounds] and be a 3 4 defensive end.

So it's kind of interesting. Teams are looking at him a 4 3 end, a 3 4 outside linebacker, and a 3 4 end. You can't say that about many kids and it goes to his unbelievable athletic ability and huge frame.

I'm willing to bet on the kid. I think he's going to go earlier than later. When you get these kind of guys, and [Jason Pierre-Paul], he's way more raw than JPP was a couple years ago. People want to use that comparison, but he's not there yet. But I think he's going to become a good player."
Ansah looks great at times and completely lost most others. Often seems to have absolutely no idea where the ball is. Raw prospect. I'd be pumped if the Cowboys got him, but it would take some time for him to develop a football IQ...wouldn't be devastated if they took a pass.

Giants , with all of their uncertainty and age on the o-line, could really,really use a versatile player like Barrett Jones..he won't fall to them in the second, he's gone by then.any chance they trade to get an add'l first round pick to select him,and/or outright draft him with their first round pick?

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeremiah was a weekly guest on our show a few years back before the Eagles hired him as a scout. I think he was Browns before that. Great person and football mind. Former App St QB. Future big time star.

As much as I think the Seahawks take a WR early this year I have to think that D-line is more of a pressing need at the moment. Plus, the draft seems to be relatively deep with WRs that will go in the 2-4 rounds and those big DTs won't last that far.If I had to guess:DT/DE in the 1stDE/WR in the 2nd WR/DE/RT in the 3rdRT/LB/CB/S/TE/WR in the 4th - 7th (they have additional picks in the 5th and 7th)Obviously, it's a little strange to be considering draft picks now without knowing how free agency will shake out. I'm guessing we try to re-sign Alan Branch and Jason Jones to 2-year deals and try to retain Cameron Morrah for cheap. I don't see them making a big splash in FA again this year--it just isn't the style of John Schneider at all. Besides, we have to save room for Earl Thomas and Richard Sherman's contracts which will hit the team in the 2014 offseason.

Jeremiah was a weekly guest on our show a few years back before the Eagles hired him as a scout. I think he was Browns before that. Great person and football mind. Former App St QB. Future big time star.
I remember. He had a nice way of being chatty and comfy with strangers. Those were some good shows. Good exchange of opinions without disrespect and fun commentary. I remember them well.It was the Browns. Frankly I didn't think he did very well because I heard scout and saw meh players on the team. I was dead wrong and learned more about the scouting process and how info goes from scout to GM and coaches and personnel people until the eventual pick. It was an eye opener for me and a learning experience.

I dont see any possible way Geno Smith goes #1 to the chiefs. That team has more holes than a project QB is going to fix. Andy Reid seems to like to build the lines. I see them trading out of the pick or taking a OL.
He didn't take a QB his first year with the Eagles because there was no one worth taking when the Eagles picked. The first chance he had at a top QB he took McNabb.

He didn't take a QB his first year with the Eagles because there was no one worth taking when the Eagles picked. The first chance he had at a top QB he took McNabb.Andy Ried's first NFL head coaching year was 1999 with the Eagles.My link

The Eagles first pick (second overall selection) in his first year was >>>

My link

1 PHI Donovan McNabb QB

He didn't take a QB his first year with the Eagles because there was no one worth taking when the Eagles picked. The first chance he had at a top QB he took McNabb.
Andy Ried's first NFL head coaching year was 1999 with the Eagles.My link

The Eagles first pick (second overall selection) in his first year was >>>

My link

1 PHI Donovan McNabb QB

Well, that settles that.

He didn't take a QB his first year with the Eagles because there was no one worth taking when the Eagles picked. The first chance he had at a top QB he took McNabb.wha?!edit: yeah, what Bracie said. Doesn't guarantee the Smith pick, but let's get the facts straight.Andy's overall interests in higher picks are:1. QB2. Pass rushing DE3. Secondary4. OLUnless they trade out, it won't be DE or secondary. So it's pretty much Smith or Joeckel, I think. Probably depends a lot on Albert re-signing and availability of KK or Foles and/or other QB's he might like in later rounds.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting.

Daniel Jeremiah's mock has been updated from the PRE-COMBINE to the POST COMBINE.

You can see how much of an impact the combine had on how he would change his mock and I'm sure in the interviening weeks some tidbits will leak out and the rumors, both true and false, will start to spread.

Its always interesting to see how things change from the college bowl games to the post-season bowl games to the combine allllllll the way to the time of the actual draft.

I'll post his new picks directly under his previous picks in BLUE so you can see his PRE and POST combine drafts on top of each other.

Here is the link to the updated draft: My link

I never heard of the guy before either but I like his version of any PRE-Combine mock that I've seen to date.

Well its not perfect but I really like how he has the first 13 picks going off the board.

From pick 14 on eh but the first thirteen look pretty good PRE-Combine to me.

Here it is:

My link

Pick No.

1 KC - Geno Smith QB West Virginia

If the Chiefs are unable to re-sign offensive tackle Branden Albert, this pick will likely be spent on Texas A&M's Luke Joeckel. Assuming Albert's still around, I could see Andy Reid making the decision to roll the dice with Smith's upside at the quarterback position.

1 Luke Joeckel OT Texas A&M

The Alex Smith trade allows the Chiefs to take the top player in the draft. Joeckel isn't in the same class as Joe Thomas, but he'll be a rock-solid starter for 10-plus years.

2 JAC - Jarvis Jones OLB Georgia

Pass rush is the No. 1 area of need for the Jaguars. New head coach Gus Bradley employs a scheme that can feature an undersized pass rusher like Jones (see: Bruce Irvin in Seattle). General manager David Caldwell spent the majority of his scouting career in Indianapolis, where undersized pass rushers Dwight Freeney and Robert Mathis enjoyed tremendous success.

2 Eric Fisher OT Central Michigan

Pass rusher is the top need for the Jaguars, but with a new coach and general manager, they could play it safe and take the top available talent. A tackle tandem of Fisher and Eugene Monroe would allow the Jags to crank up their run game with Maurice Jones-Drew.

3 OAK - Sharrif Floyd DT Florida

The Raiders need a dynamic player on their defensive front. Floyd has outstanding quickness and could quickly emerge as one of the NFL's top interior pass rushers.

3 Sharrif Floyd DT Florida

The Raiders have a need at this position and Floyd would give them a dynamic interior defender. His short arms raised some concerns at the combine, but his field workout was outstanding. There is also plenty of buzz out there that Oakland is very intrigued by Geno Smith.

4 PHI - Star Lotulelei DT Utah

The Eagles are focused on getting bigger on defense as they adjust their scheme with a new coaching staff. Lotulelei would form an excellent tandem with last year's first-round pick, Fletcher Cox.

4 Dion Jordan DE Oregon

The Eagles could easily go with a cornerback at this spot, but they should be able to address that need in the second round. This move would reunite Jordan with both his head coach and defensive line coach from Oregon.

5 DET - Luke Joeckel OT Texas A&M

In this scenario, the Lions would be ecstatic. Joeckel is the top offensive tackle in the draft, and he would start in Detroit from Day 1. Current left tackle Jeff Backus is 35 years old, while starting right tackle Gosder Cherilus is about to become an unrestricted free agent. Joeckel could team up with Riley Reiff to provide the Lions with two very tough, smart and physical building blocks to protect Matthew Stafford.

5 Ziggy Ansah DE BYU

This looks like a reach on the surface, but after studying this situation, it makes a lot of sense. The Lions have huge needs at pass rusher and cornerback. There will be plenty of quality cornerbacks available in the second round, but the edge-rush pool is shallow. Ansah dominated the Senior Bowl game while playing in the Lions' defensive scheme.

6 CLE - Dee Milliner CB Alabama

The Browns could go in a number of different directions with this pick. The previous regime was sky high on Oregon linebacker Dion Jordan, but I have the current leadership electing to solidify the cornerback position. The AFC North has quietly evolved into a passing division, and Milliner would join Joe Haden to form an excellent coverage duo in Cleveland.

6 Dee Milliner CB Alabama

Milliner would team up with Joe Haden to give the Browns one of the better cornerback tandems in the NFL. Jarvis Jones is another name to keep an eye on with this selection.

7 ARI - Eric Fisher OT Central Michigan

There is a lot of buzz out there that the Cardinals are high on N.C. State QB Mike Glennon. I could very easily see them shoring up the left tackle position with Fisher and then trying to trade into the bottom of the first round to snag Glennon.

7 Geno Smith QB West Virginia

The Cardinals surely will add at least one quarterback during this offseason. They could explore the free-agent market or pursue a trade, but Smith might be their best option.

8 BUF - Dion Jordan DE Oregon

I was with new Buffalo defensive coordinator Mike Pettine for four years in Baltimore. He loves versatile defenders who allow his creative mind to mess with opposing quarterbacks. Jordan is a perfect fit for that role.

8 Lane Johnson OT Oklahoma

Selecting Johnson would allow the Bills to slide Cordy Glenn to right tackle, where he could quickly establish himself as an annual Pro Bowler. Johnson put together one of the best O-lineman workouts I've ever seen. However, he isn't just a workout wonder; there is plenty of good tape to support his status as a top-10 pick in this draft.

9 NYJ - Cordarrelle Patterson WR Tennessee

The Jets need explosive players on offense. Patterson is a perfect fit to provide some excitement on the outside. He also provides additional value on special teams, contributing as both a kick and punt returner.

9 Jarvis Jones OLB Georgia

Improving the pass rush is a priority for the Jets. If Jones checks out medically, he's the most polished edge rusher in the draft. I wouldn't be shocked if the Jets decided to look at a receiver in this spot.

10 TEN - Chance Warmack OG Alabama

The Titans have a solid pair of tackles, but they could use an upgrade on the interior of their offensive line. Warmack is a dominating run blocker and he doesn't have any trouble anchoring down versus powerful interior pass rushers. His presence would benefit both Jake Locker and Chris Johnson.

10 Jonathan Cooper OG North Carolina

The Titans have a solid pair of tackles, but they could use an upgrade on the interior of their offensive line. I had them selecting Chance Warmack with this pick prior to the combine, but Cooper gets the nod at this time. His ability to play all three interior positions is a huge bonus.

11 SD - Lane Johnson OT Oklahoma

I haven't been shy in expressing my feelings about Johnson's ability. He is just scratching the surface of how good he can become. The former junior college quarterback dominated at the Senior Bowl and would be an enormous upgrade at left tackle for the Chargers.

11 Cordarrelle Patterson WR Tennessee

Pass rusher is a possibility with this pick, but the Chargers could use another weapon for Philip Rivers. Patterson would provide the explosive element in the passing game that was missing following the departure of Vincent Jackson.

12 MIA - Kenny Vaccaro SS Texas

Vaccaro is one of my favorite players in this draft. He is an explosive hitter and boasts the speed and agility to cover in the slot. The Dolphins must add help at the receiver position, but they can address that need in another round. There isn't a Julio Jones or A.J. Green in this draft, but there is incredible depth at the position.

12 Keenan Allen WR California

This offseason is all about surrounding Ryan Tannehill with support. Allen is a very talented weapon on the outside who would be an ideal complement to a speedster like Mike Wallace (just a hunch).

13 TB - Damontre Moore DE Texas A&M

Moore is a long, rangy defender who plays with a non-stop motor. I don't view him as the top-five talent many others see, but he is very capable of producing eight to 10 sacks on a yearly basis. And if Michael Bennett departs via free agency, this would fill a need for the Buccaneers.

13 Xavier Rhodes CB Florida St.

Rhodes is an enormous cornerback with good feet, hips and ball skills. The only concern was his top speed and he answered that with a 4.43-second 40-yard dash in Indianapolis.

14 CAR - Sheldon Richardson DT Missouri

I've never graded an interior defensive lineman with a better motor than Richardson. He routinely makes plays 20 to 30 yards downfield, chasing down ball carriers. He would give the Panthers an athletic interior presence to complement their edge rushers.

14 Star Lotulelei DT Utah

Assuming Lotulelei's heart condition isn't a major concern for team doctors, this would be an excellent value pick for the Panthers. He would make an immediate impact.

15 NO - Bjoern Werner DE Florida St.

Werner is a tough player to evaluate. I love his initial quickness, balance and production, but I thought he lacked explosiveness in his hands at Florida State and never saw him convert speed to power as a rusher. Teams are very split on him. Some have him in the top 10, while others have him in the second round. I'll split the difference and put him right here.

15 Barkevious Mingo DE LSU

Mingo had a phenomenal workout at the combine, but there are still concerns about his play on the field. He is a true "flash" player and could be this year's biggest boom-or-bust prospect.

16 STL - Jonathan Cooper OG North Carolina

The Rams need to upgrade their offensive line and Cooper is an outstanding talent who would start from Day 1. There are some teams that have him rated as one of the top 10 players in this draft. He has the ability to play any of the three interior positions.

16 Chance Warmack OG Alabama

It's easy to say that Warmack's solid play on tape will more than offset his poor combine performance, but I'm not so sure that's the case. In this scenario, the Rams would get a nice value and a player who could dominate in the running game.

17 PIT - Barkevious Mingo DE LSU

Pittsburgh is always on the lookout for talented edge rushers and Mingo fits that profile. He needs to get bigger and stronger, but his get-off quickness has teams excited.

17 Kenny Vaccaro SS Texas

The Steelers could go in a number of directions with this pick. Bjoern Werner could be a real possibility, but I believe Vaccaro is too good of a talent to pass up at this point in the draft. He didn't test as well as expected, but he plays plenty fast enough on tape.

18 DAL - Ezekiel Ansah DE BYU

Ansah had a poor week of practice at the Senior Bowl, but he made up for it with a dominant performance in the game. He is still incredibly raw, but he has the tools to develop into a double-digit sack artist at the next level.

18 Sheldon Richardson DT Missouri

Richardson's calling card is his outstanding quickness. That trait is coveted in Monte Kiffin's scheme. He still needs to work on his hand usage, but new defensive line coach Rod Marinelli is the perfect guy to develop Richardson.

19 NYG - Alec Ogletree ILB Georgia

The Giants could spend this pick on an offensive lineman, but Ogletree might be too intriguing to pass up. He has excellent size, range and explosiveness. If he just took on blocks with his hands instead of turning his shoulder, he would likely be a top-10 pick.

19 Alec Ogletree ILB Georgia

If not for some off-field issues, Ogletree might've gone a little higher, but this would be a great fit for his skill set. He is a run-and-hit linebacker with excellent cover skills. He needs to work on using his hands to take on blocks, but that can be taught.

20 CHI - Kevin Minter ILB LSU

Minter might lack ideal size, but he plays with excellent instincts, toughness and quickness. He made a ton of plays for LSU's defense and would provide the Bears with some much-needed youth at the linebacker spot.

20 Tyler Eifert TE Notre Dame

Eifert has ideal size and speed for the position and would provide Jay Cutler with a valuable third-down weapon.

21 CIN - Manti Te'o ILB Notre Dame

Is there a team better equipped to handle the Te'o situation? Marvin Lewis has dealt with Chad Johnson/Ochocinco, Terrell Owens, the late Chris Henry, Pacman Jones and Vontaze Burfict. He'll gladly welcome questions about a fake girlfriend. All of the craziness aside, Te'o is a solid player and would fill a need for the Bengals.

21 Matt Elam FS Florida

I view Elam as more of a second-round talent, but his combination of toughness and instincts would be a welcome addition to the Bengals' secondary.

22 STL - Menelik Watson OT Florida St.

Watson is the offensive version of Ezekiel Ansah. He is very raw, but his upside is sky high. He lacks the size of Alabama's D.J. Fluker, but he is much quicker and projects as a better pass protector at the next level.

22 Tavon Austin WR West Virginia

The Rams must find a way to give Sam Bradford some help. Austin put on a show in Indianapolis and his game tape is outstanding. He is a big play waiting to happen and the Rams haven't had many of those recently.

23 MIN - DeAndre Hopkins WR Clemson

Minnesota's passing attack was non-existent in 2012. Hopkins is a versatile playmaker who would be an excellent complement to receiver Percy Harvin and tight end Kyle Rudolph.

23 Sylvester Williams DT North Carolina

Remember the "Williams Wall?" Those days are gone over in Minnesota. Pat Williams is no longer playing and Kevin Williams isn't the player he once was. It's time to add a new Williams to the mix.

24 IND - Kwann Short T urdue

Short dominated all week long at the Senior Bowl. He has the power and quickness to play in either a three- or four-man front. After focusing on offense in last year's draft, expect the Colts to address the defensive side of the ball this April. Short's effort has been called into question by some evaluators, but Indianapolis general manager Ryan Grigson played at Purdue and should be able to get to the bottom of that issue.

24 Menelik Watson OT Florida St.

The Colts need to upgrade their offensive line and Watson has enormous potential. While he might be a little raw, Watson would still provide an instant upgrade to the tackle position.

25 SEA - Keenan Allen WR California

Russell Wilson was outstanding last season, and it only makes sense to continue to surround him with playmakers. Allen isn't going to test well in Indy and could easily fall into Pete Carroll's lap with this selection.

25 Justin Hunter WR Tennessee

Hunter had an excellent combine performance and his combination of length and speed is intriguing. I'm concerned about the number of drops I saw on tape, but his stock appears to be on the rise.

26 GB - Xavier Rhodes CB Florida St.

Can he run? That is the main question surrounding Rhodes. He is very good on tape. He's long, athletic and knows how to play the ball in the air. However, I never saw him really tested deep to gauge his top speed. If he runs under a 4.5 40-yard dash, he could go much higher than this spot.

26 Justin Pugh OT Syracuse

Pugh is a very interesting player. His lack of length is a concern, but it wasn't an issue on tape. He has the potential to play every position on the offense line. Green Bay needs to do a better job of protecting Aaron Rodgers and Pugh would do just that.

27 HOU - Eric Reid FS LSU

The Texans need to upgrade the secondary. Reid would be a good fit in their defensive system. He didn't play as well last season as he did in 2011, but his size, range and ball skills are very enticing.

27 Bjoern Werner DE Florida St.

Teams are wildly split on Werner. He had a so-so combine performance, but teams that interviewed the defensive end gave him rave reviews. He could easily go higher than this spot, but this is about where I had him graded as a player on tape.

28 DEN - Sylvester Williams DT North Carolina

The Broncos don't have many glaring needs on their roster. They should be able to sit tight and just select the best available player. Williams is a quick interior pass rusher with enough strength to hold up versus the run. He was overshadowed at the Senior Bowl by Short, but he also had an impressive week of practice.

28 Desmond Trufant CB Washington

Trufant torched the combine and likely landed a spot in the bottom of the first round. The Broncos could use some youth and speed at the position.

29 NE - Johnathan Hankins DT Ohio St.

Hankins is a big, powerful run stuffer with a little bit of wiggle as a pass rusher. The Patriots could also look to address the cornerback position with this pick. Another option could be Florida safety Matt Elam.

29 Johnthan Banks CB Mississippi St.

Banks' poor 40 time likely cost him some money in this draft, but this would be an excellent landing spot for him. New England covets big cornerbacks and Aqib Talib is a free agent.

30 ATL - Tyler Eifert TE Notre Dame

The Falcons will need to add a tight end in this draft if Tony Gonzalez does indeed end up retiring. There are several quality players to choose from. Eifert and Stanford's Zach Ertz have been mentioned with this Falcons pick, but I wouldn't sleep on Florida's Jordan Reed. His stock is quickly rising.

30 Blidi Wreh-Wilson CB Connecticut

Don't be surprised if we see a run on cornerbacks at this point in the draft. With the news of Dunta Robinson's release and the free-agent status of Brent Grimes, it makes sense for the Falcons to nab a cornerback with this selection.

31 SF - Tavon Austin WR West Virginia

Can you imagine the explosive Austin in this offense? He can line up in the slot or in the backfield and he's a threat to score every time he touches the ball. He would provide an endless amount of headaches for opposing defensive coordinators in San Francisco's system.

31 Jamar Taylor CB Boise St.

Taylor is one of my favorite players to watch on tape. He is physical, fast and possesses good ball skills. This might be a little earlier than expected, but his style of play fits perfectly with the 49ers' defense.

32 BAL - Sam Montgomery DE LSU

Baltimore is always going to take the best available player, regardless of position. That said, Montgomery would provide some much-needed insurance should the Ravens lose Paul Kruger to free agency. Montgomery would team up with Terrell Suggs and Courtney Upshaw to provide a diverse and dynamic outside pass-rushing trio.

32 Manti Te'o ILB Notre Dame

The Ravens have a need at inside linebacker and Te'o would slide right in as a Day 1 starter. He's not in the same stratosphere as Ray Lewis coming into the draft, but he should have a solid career and fill a need on Baltimore's defense.

I like to call this last post why pre combine mocks are absolutely ridiculous yet, like a car accident or boobs, I still have to look.

I like to call this last post why pre combine mocks are absolutely ridiculous yet, like a car accident or boobs, I still have to look.
Any mock before April 15 pretty much is about learning prospects and team needs (which can change greatly anyway), but i have the same problem of looking and thinking "there is no way that ----- happens," when I know that teams don't draft like we think.

I like Daniel Jerimiah but I don't understand why Keenan Allen would be move up based on doing nothing at the combine.

I like Daniel Jerimiah but I don't understand why Keenan Allen would be move up based on doing nothing at the combine.
As was pointed out to me, could be that he's hearing that teams are interested in him that high and thus moved up not by what he did but the interest in him from the scouts...

Users who are viewing this thread