What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MY LEAGUE PLACED JOSH GORDON IN ROOKIE DRAFT. RANK THEM NOW (1 Viewer)

WHO'S 3RD

• Total voters

bigreese82

Footballguy
MY LEAGUES PLACED JOSH GORDON IN ROOKIE DRAFT BECAUSE OF SUPPLEMENTAL DRAFT LAST YEAR. RANK THEM NOW FOR THIS YEAR'S DRAFT. ANY DISCUSSION WELCOMED

GORDON

PATTERSON

AUSTIN

HUNTER

A little difficult to vote and compare since you know Josh Gordon's team vs the landing spot of the other 3. I think after the NFL draft there will be a much better indication of where he might rank. As of right now I would put Gordon 4th- but primarily because of his QB situation.

i agree but after 1 year..im not sure I saw wr1 upside from Gordon
I'd have to disagree. He was a year + removed from football. Physically, he showed why so many teams wanted him, despite the short track record and weed concerns. He also showed that he plays faster than his 4.52/40. I'd say he has some work to do, but potential, or upside - I thought it was there.

My biggest question is why and how do you have Hunter on this list and not Hopkins and Allen? Seems like Hunter shouldn't even be on this list.

It's also flawed.....because if you voted for Austin #2, then you won't vote for him #3 or #4.....so the results are skewed.

Last edited by a moderator:
My biggest question is why and how do you have Hunter on this list and not Hopkins and Allen? Seems like Hunter shouldn't even be on this list.

It's also flawed.....because if you voted for Austin #2, then you won't vote for him #3 or #4.....so the results are skewed.
I agree that Hopkins and Allen should have been included in the poll, but Hunter deserves to be in the discussion as well.

A few recent items on Hunter from Rotoworld:

The Sideline View's Lance Zierlein is "beginning to hear drums beating for Tennessee's Justin Hunter" as the first WR off the board.

"Hunter has some major issues (with) drops, but his upper echelon traits (and) projectable talent will have him drafted either before or after Tavon," Zierlein tweeted. Hunter isn't AJ Green, but he has a few similar traits and a team could dream about unleashing his talent once overcoming mental lapses. Apr 18 - 3:38 PM

Source: Lance Zierlein on Twitter
NFL Films' Greg Cosell believes Tennessee WR Justin Hunter is the draft's most explosive player at the position.

Cosell added Hunter has a chance to be the best receiver in this class and even likened a few of his traits to AJ Green. We would agree when looking at the Vol's 2011 tape prior to his knee injury. However, teams should be optimistic that he didn't seem to show physical limitations in 2012 but rather mental ones in the form of drops. Apr 16 - 10:03 AM

ESPN's Mel Kiper Jr. recently mocked Tennessee WR Justin Hunter in the first round.

In Kiper's third mock of the draft season, Hunter was selected by the St. Louis Rams at the No. 22 pick. There haven't been many mocks with Hunter in the first after a disappointing season. Hunter was one season removed from a knee injury and didn't look always look comfortable running routes and catching passes. It's entirely possible that he'll now be a better player after gaining more comfort in his knee. Mar 11 - 6:28 PM

Source: ESPN.com
Tennessee WR Justin Hunter ran an official forty time of 4.44 seconds at the NFL Combine.
Hunter's 10 yard split was 1.54 seconds, and he added a 39.5 inch vertical and a 136 inch broad jump to his name. The string bean will likely gain weight before his pro day, but the most important progression he needs to take is catching the ball more consistently.
Tennessee junior WR Justin Hunter led the FBS in "clutch reception percentage" in 2012, with 76.7%.
This means 56 of Hunter's 73 receptions either went for a first down or touchdown. Other draftable receivers on the list include Oklahoma's Kenny Stills (73.5%), Oregon State's Markus Wheaton (71.1%), Clemson's DeAndre Hopkins (70.7%), and Baylor's Terrance Williams (66.0%).

Source: John Pollard on Twitter

I agree that Hopkins and Allen should have been included in the poll, but Hunter deserves to be in the discussion as well.

A few recent items on Hunter from Rotoworld:

The Sideline View's Lance Zierlein is "beginning to hear drums beating for Tennessee's Justin Hunter" as the first WR off the board.

"Hunter has some major issues (with) drops, but his upper echelon traits (and) projectable talent will have him drafted either before or after Tavon," Zierlein tweeted. Hunter isn't AJ Green, but he has a few similar traits and a team could dream about unleashing his talent once overcoming mental lapses. Apr 18 - 3:38 PM

NFL Films' Greg Cosell believes Tennessee WR Justin Hunter is the draft's most explosive player at the position.

Cosell added Hunter has a chance to be the best receiver in this class and even likened a few of his traits to AJ Green. We would agree when looking at the Vol's 2011 tape prior to his knee injury. However, teams should be optimistic that he didn't seem to show physical limitations in 2012 but rather mental ones in the form of drops. Apr 16 - 10:03 AM

ESPN's Mel Kiper Jr. recently mocked Tennessee WR Justin Hunter in the first round.

In Kiper's third mock of the draft season, Hunter was selected by the St. Louis Rams at the No. 22 pick. There haven't been many mocks with Hunter in the first after a disappointing season. Hunter was one season removed from a knee injury and didn't look always look comfortable running routes and catching passes. It's entirely possible that he'll now be a better player after gaining more comfort in his knee. Mar 11 - 6:28 PM

Source: ESPN.com
Tennessee WR Justin Hunter ran an official forty time of 4.44 seconds at the NFL Combine.
Hunter's 10 yard split was 1.54 seconds, and he added a 39.5 inch vertical and a 136 inch broad jump to his name. The string bean will likely gain weight before his pro day, but the most important progression he needs to take is catching the ball more consistently.
Tennessee junior WR Justin Hunter led the FBS in "clutch reception percentage" in 2012, with 76.7%.
This means 56 of Hunter's 73 receptions either went for a first down or touchdown. Other draftable receivers on the list include Oklahoma's Kenny Stills (73.5%), Oregon State's Markus Wheaton (71.1%), Clemson's DeAndre Hopkins (70.7%), and Baylor's Terrance Williams (66.0%).

Source: John Pollard on Twitter
Oh, I'm not suggesting that Hunter shouldn't be considered, I personally think that there are other WR's that are rated ahead of him and will be taken ahead of him in the upcoming draft (Hopkins, Allen). In fact, Woods will likely be taken before Hunter as well.

Hunter has some elite athletic skills, including speed, height, vertical that can't be ignored. Having said that, he has some major things going against him as well.

- 6'5 and only 196 lbs? It's almost laughable. He looks like an anorexic bean pole on the field. He will be eaten up by physical NFL corners, unless he can put on weight. He must bulk up to at least 215-220 to be taken seriously. Not saying he can't do it, but will that cause him to lose speed? Can his frame hold the extra weight?

-He has a bad case of the drops. 12.5% was the number that sticks in my head.....which is horrible!

-He has yet to return to 2010 form after his 2011 ACL injury.

Robert Woods could have been included as well. He isn't going to be the first WR drafted off the board, but I think he will land in a great situation and will make a quick acclimation to the NFL game. I like the comparisons that have been made between Woods and Reggie Wayne.

looks as though most posters look at Josh Gordon as being the #1 wr if placed in this rookie draft. surprised that Austin is considered the 3rd or 4th best

Carl Eller's Dead Liver, on 22 Apr 2013 - 12:14, said:

Oh, I'm not suggesting that Hunter shouldn't be considered, I personally think that there are other WR's that are rated ahead of him and will be taken ahead of him in the upcoming draft (Hopkins, Allen). In fact, Woods will likely be taken before Hunter as well.

Hunter has some elite athletic skills, including speed, height, vertical that can't be ignored. Having said that, he has some major things going against him as well.

- 6'5 and only 196 lbs? It's almost laughable. He looks like an anorexic bean pole on the field. He will be eaten up by physical NFL corners, unless he can put on weight. He must bulk up to at least 215-220 to be taken seriously. Not saying he can't do it, but will that cause him to lose speed? Can his frame hold the extra weight?

-He has a bad case of the drops. 12.5% was the number that sticks in my head.....which is horrible!

- AJ Green is only 10lbs heavier than him at 207lbs. Are you implying he can't be taken seriously?

- The drops are concerning... I came across an interesting statistic today via Rotoworld on twitter found here - https://twitter.com/JPSTATS/status/303551540977881088/photo/1.

Hunter had the #1 "Clutch" reception percentage in college football last season which are receptions resulting in a 1st down or a Touchdown. He came in at 76.7% so of his 73 receptions, 56 were for first downs or touchdowns. Other notable receivers on the list - Kenny Stills (73.5%), Markus Wheaton (71.1%), DeAndre Hopkins (70.7%), Marqise Lee at (55.9%) and Tavon Austin (50.0%). I think it says quite a bit about his big play / field stretching ability. While it doesn't change the fact that he dropped what he did, it's still an interesting statistic showing his potential. I think the drops are something that can be fixed and coached. His ability for big plays and stretching the field can't.

- He looked close to 100% healthy last season. If you could show something quantifiable to back that up, I'd love to see it.

1) AJ Green is only 10lbs heavier than him at 207lbs. Are you implying he can't be taken seriously? 2) The drops are concerning... I came across an interesting statistic today via Rotoworld on twitter found here - https://twitter.com/JPSTATS/status/303551540977881088/photo/1.

Hunter had the #1 "Clutch" reception percentage in college football last season which are receptions resulting in a 1st down or a Touchdown. He came in at 76.7% so of his 73 receptions, 56 were for first downs or touchdowns. Other notable receivers on the list - Kenny Stills (73.5%), Markus Wheaton (71.1%), DeAndre Hopkins (70.7%), Marqise Lee at (55.9%) and Tavon Austin (50.0%). I think it says quite a bit about his big play / field stretching ability. While it doesn't change the fact that he dropped what he did, it's still an interesting statistic showing his potential. I think the drops are something that can be fixed and coached. His ability for big plays and stretching the field can't.

3) He looked close to 100% healthy last season. If you could show something quantifiable to back that up, I'd love to see it.
1 - Hunter isn't anywhere close to as polished or talented as AJ Green, so that's laughable! To assume that a 6'5, 195 lb WR won't have troubles against physical corners is also laughable. Can he put on more weight? I'm not so sure?! His frame is tiny. AJ Green was 1.5 inches shorter at 6'3 5/8, but weighed in at 211 lbs. So 1.5 inches shorter and 15 lbs heavier than Hunter. That 15 lbs IS SIGNIFICANT. Also AJ Green has the frame to add weight and I don't get that sense when I see Hunters 28 inch waist. Hunter will NOT be able to succeed at this size. He's nearly 1 foot taller than Austin, but only 20 lbs heavier! LOL And you are trying to compare him to AJ Green who is shorter and 15 lbs heavier at his combine weigh in!?

2 - Yes drops are VERY concerning. It's a good thing that NFL teams don't look at the "clutch catch". Again laughable. So is Hunter's "clutch catch" better than AJ Green's? I bet it is! Man I wished I had guys in my league that drafted their rookies based off of the "clutch catch".

Matt Waldman: "Hunter is one of the best talents on the board. He's also one of the most inconsistent with his performance as a route runner and pass catcher. When he puts it all together the only thing he lacks is the physical toughness to break tackles on a consistent basis in the open field. When he doesn't, he drops easy passes, lacks discipline in routes, and frustrates coaches"

Now that doesn't sound too "CLUTCH" to me!

3 - Well I don't watch film, do you? I bet you don't sit down and watch hours of film on these players do you? I take information directly from people who do:

Sigmund Bloom from Bloom 100: "At times, Hunter reminds me of Randy Moss, but that was mostly in 2010 before his torn ACL. If he gets back there, watch out. Needs to be more consistent"

Where do you get your 'quantifiable' information from? Do you watch hours of film?

1) AJ Green is only 10lbs heavier than him at 207lbs. Are you implying he can't be taken seriously? 2) The drops are concerning... I came across an interesting statistic today via Rotoworld on twitter found here - https://twitter.com/JPSTATS/status/303551540977881088/photo/1.

3) He looked close to 100% healthy last season. If you could show something quantifiable to back that up, I'd love to see it.
1 - Hunter isn't anywhere close to as polished or talented as AJ Green, so that's laughable! To assume that a 6'5, 195 lb WR won't have troubles against physical corners is also laughable. Can he put on more weight? I'm not so sure?! His frame is tiny. AJ Green was 1.5 inches shorter at 6'3 5/8, but weighed in at 211 lbs. So 1.5 inches shorter and 15 lbs heavier than Hunter. That 15 lbs IS SIGNIFICANT. Also AJ Green has the frame to add weight and I don't get that sense when I see Hunters 28 inch waist. Hunter will NOT be able to succeed at this size. He's nearly 1 foot taller than Austin, but only 20 lbs heavier! LOL And you are trying to compare him to AJ Green who is shorter and 15 lbs heavier at his combine weigh in!?

2 - Yes drops are VERY concerning. It's a good thing that NFL teams don't look at the "clutch catch". Again laughable. So is Hunter's "clutch catch" better than AJ Green's? I bet it is! Man I wished I had guys in my league that drafted their rookies based off of the "clutch catch".

Matt Waldman: "Hunter is one of the best talents on the board. He's also one of the most inconsistent with his performance as a route runner and pass catcher. When he puts it all together the only thing he lacks is the physical toughness to break tackles on a consistent basis in the open field. When he doesn't, he drops easy passes, lacks discipline in routes, and frustrates coaches"

3 - Well I don't watch film, do you? I bet you don't sit down and watch hours of film on these players do you? I take information directly from people who do:

Sigmund Bloom from Bloom 100: "At times, Hunter reminds me of Randy Moss, but that was mostly in 2010 before his torn ACL. If he gets back there, watch out. Needs to be more consistent"

Where do you get your 'quantifiable' information from? Do you watch hours of film?
So you just regurgitate information you get from other people without making your own analysis and evaluation of players? I watch what I can of players but IMO it doesn't take hours upon hours of film study to form your own opinions. I see this is going no where, because now you're just repeating what you've already said, though that's nothing new, is it Carl.

I went Gordon, Patterson, Austin, in that order.

I think Gordon and Patterson both have freaky upside, and both need seasoning. It's just easier for me to take Gordon after seeing him play pretty well in the NFL.

So you just regurgitate information you get from other people without making your own analysis and evaluation of players? I watch what I can of players but IMO it doesn't take hours upon hours of film study to form your own opinions. I see this is going no where, because now you're just repeating what you've already said, though that's nothing new, is it Carl.
I trust their evaluation more than yours. :lol:

Also how ironic you rip me for siting others when you used the "clutch catch" and sited a ton of others words......not your own that Hunter is so great!!! LOL!!!!!!!!

So Werd......its okay that you use others evaluations, but I can't? Is that what you are saying? Please if you don't answer any other question of mine, please address this. LOL!!!!! You can't site rotoworld.....it's not your work!!!!

Also how ironic you rip me for siting others when you used the "clutch catch" and sited a ton of others words......not your own that Hunter is so great!!! LOL!!!!!!!!

So Werd......its okay that you use others evaluations, but I can't? Is that what you are saying? Please if you don't answer any other question of mine, please address this. LOL!!!!! You can't site rotoworld.....it's not your work!!!!
I'm not saying that at all, I was just suggesting you draw your own conclusions on players. I greatly value Bloom and Waldman's opinions but I don't always, blindly, agree with them. I like to evaluate players myself too. I was merely suggesting you do the same.

IMO, we'll see what the true NFL scouts think of Hunter Thursday when he's drafted in the first round.

ETA: You basically said you have other people evaluate players for you. I think player evaluation is one of the best, most enjoyable aspects of dynasty league football... where's the fun in having other people do all the work for you??

ETA2: I'm not saying Hunter is Green. I'm just saying he has a similar body type. Hunter played around 205 according to ESPN... now maybe that isn't accurate, but it isn't unheard of for a guys to drop weight before the combine to run better in shorts. If true, he's playing only a couple pounds lighter than Green is.

ETA3: Could you flex your arms in here instead of via PM? Let's show everyone how classy you are.

I trust their evaluation more than yours. :lol: Also how ironic you rip me for siting others when you used the "clutch catch" and sited a ton of others words......not your own that Hunter is so great!!! LOL!!!!!!!! So Werd......its okay that you use others evaluations, but I can't? Is that what you are saying? Please if you don't answer any other question of mine, please address this. LOL!!!!! You can't site rotoworld.....it's not your work!!!!
I'm not saying that at all, I was just suggesting you draw your own conclusions on players. I greatly value Bloom and Waldman's opinions but I don't always, blindly, agree with them. I like to evaluate players myself too. I was merely suggesting you do the same. IMO, we'll see what the true NFL scouts think of Hunter Thursday when he's drafted in the first round. ETA: You basically said you have other people evaluate players for you. I think player evaluation is one of the best, most enjoyable aspects of dynasty league football... where's the fun in having other people do all the work for you?? ETA2: I'm not saying Hunter is Green. I'm just saying he has a similar body type. Hunter played around 205 according to ESPN... now maybe that isn't accurate, but it isn't unheard of for a guys to drop weight before the combine to run better in shorts. If true, he's playing only a couple pounds lighter than Green is. ETA3: Could you flex your arms in here instead of via PM? Let's show everyone how classy you are.
I never said that I don't do any of my own scouting. I watch youtube highlight videos just like the rest of the guys on this board and more importantly I read others opinions that I respect (ie Bloom, Mayock, Waldman, Lande). I don't want to pretend that I watch hours and hours of game film. I don't have time for that and I have a life......if it was my job that would be one thing, but it's not. I choose to agree with some takes and not on others. I personally don't like Hunter. I stated my personal reasons for not liking him, first and foremost his lack of body mass.....which by the way was my own take, I haven't heard others stating this. Then I go on and site others that aren't has high on him as you are......but all you say is do my own work. I'd dominate you in any and every league. It's funny how everyone who runs into you these boards has a problem with you.....it's not just me. What's going on with your personal life that makes you this way?

I'm not saying that at all, I was just suggesting you draw your own conclusions on players. I greatly value Bloom and Waldman's opinions but I don't always, blindly, agree with them. I like to evaluate players myself too. I was merely suggesting you do the same.

IMO, we'll see what the true NFL scouts think of Hunter Thursday when he's drafted in the first round.

ETA: You basically said you have other people evaluate players for you. I think player evaluation is one of the best, most enjoyable aspects of dynasty league football... where's the fun in having other people do all the work for you??

ETA2: I'm not saying Hunter is Green. I'm just saying he has a similar body type. Hunter played around 205 according to ESPN... now maybe that isn't accurate, but it isn't unheard of for a guys to drop weight before the combine to run better in shorts. If true, he's playing only a couple pounds lighter than Green is.

ETA3: Could you flex your arms in here instead of via PM? Let's show everyone how classy you are.
I never said that I don't do any of my own scouting. I watch youtube highlight videos just like the rest of the guys on this board and more importantly I read others opinions that I respect (ie Bloom, Mayock, Waldman, Lande). I don't want to pretend that I watch hours and hours of game film. I don't have time for that and I have a life......if it was my job that would be one thing, but it's not. I choose to agree with some takes and not on others. I personally don't like Hunter. I stated my personal reasons for not liking him, first and foremost his lack of body mass.....which by the way was my own take, I haven't heard others stating this. Then I go on and site others that aren't has high on him as you are......but all you say is do my own work. I'd dominate you in any and every league. It's funny how everyone who runs into you these boards has a problem with you.....it's not just me. What's going on with your personal life that makes you this way?
I'll ignore the personal attacks and stick to football.

You said he lacks body mass, I referenced another WR that lacks body mass... AJ Green (someone who has shown that body mass isn't needed to succeed in the NFL). You come back with Hunter lacks body mass, again. It's hard to debate a player with you because you just continue to repeat yourself.

Since you obviously don't value what I have to say, here's a popular NFL analyst who agree's with Hunter being the top WR in this class... Greg Cosell. (from http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/cosell-doctorine-pt-2-ranking-receivers-impossible-task-152311174--nfl.html and http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000160371/article/justin-hunter-is-top-wr-in-nfl-draft-greg-cosell-says )

I will end with Justin Hunter from Tennessee, the most physically talented wide receiver prospect in this draft class. He is, without question, the most explosive as a route runner with his long body (6’4”), route fluidity, vertical speed and playmaking ability at the catch point. Like every receiver entering the NFL, he is not a finished product. (Sometimes we forget that). He displayed inconsistent hands, with too many easy drops. And the lingering effects of his 2011 ACL injury, likely more mental than physical, cannot be dismissed in any evaluation. But he has legitimate acceleration and vertical explosion that clearly projects to the NFL, and it will impact games.

Hunter is the most intriguing receiver on the board. The tape shows you how he moves: he’s smooth, supple and explosive. He looks like AJ Green with his body type and his fluid strides. He’s not the receiver at this point that Green was coming out of Georgia two years ago, but if Hunter develops and grows as a professional, always a question with all but a few prospects, he has a chance to be a Pro Bowl player. I’ve talked to some who see Randy Moss comparisons. Regardless, there are not many with his height, length and movement. I’d be surprised if his name wasn’t called on the first night.

I'll ignore the personal attacks and stick to football.

You said he lacks body mass, I referenced another WR that lacks body mass... AJ Green (someone who has shown that body mass isn't needed to succeed in the NFL). You come back with Hunter lacks body mass, again. It's hard to debate a player with you because you just continue to repeat yourself.

Since you obviously don't value what I have to say, here's a popular NFL analyst who agree's with Hunter being the top WR in this class... Greg Cosell. (from http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/cosell-doctorine-pt-2-ranking-receivers-impossible-task-152311174--nfl.html and http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000160371/article/justin-hunter-is-top-wr-in-nfl-draft-greg-cosell-says )

>>I will end with Justin Hunter from Tennessee, the most physically talented wide receiver prospect in this draft class. He is, without question, the most explosive as a route runner with his long body (6’4”), route fluidity, vertical speed and playmaking ability at the catch point. Like every receiver entering the NFL, he is not a finished product. (Sometimes we forget that). He displayed inconsistent hands, with too many easy drops. And the lingering effects of his 2011 ACL injury, likely more mental than physical, cannot be dismissed in any evaluation. But he has legitimate acceleration and vertical explosion that clearly projects to the NFL, and it will impact games.

Hunter is the most intriguing receiver on the board. The tape shows you how he moves: he’s smooth, supple and explosive. He looks like AJ Green with his body type and his fluid strides. He’s not the receiver at this point that Green was coming out of Georgia two years ago, but if Hunter develops and grows as a professional, always a question with all but a few prospects, he has a chance to be a Pro Bowl player. I’ve talked to some who see Randy Moss comparisons. Regardless, there are not many with his height, length and movement. I’d be surprised if his name wasn’t called on the first night.
As I said earlier AJ Green is nearly 2 inches shorter and he weighs 15 lbs more?? Try finding a different comparison.....this one isn't working for you.

The clear answer here is Gordon and I wouldn't think about it one bit. I thought Gordon played great last year with a rookie QB after being a year out of the sport. Now that he has an OC like Norv Turner who will utilize Weeden's arm and get the ball vertical, I think Gordon is ready to explode. I could easily see him being a top 10-15 WR very soon.

The clear answer here is Gordon and I wouldn't think about it one bit. I thought Gordon played great last year with a rookie QB after being a year out of the sport. Now that he has an OC like Norv Turner who will utilize Weeden's arm and get the ball vertical, I think Gordon is ready to explode. I could easily see him being a top 10-15 WR very soon.
I think he is now.

I think he is now.
Let me get this straight. Gordon RIGHT NOW is top 10-15?!? Okay, I own Gordon so I do love his future potential..... but let's be real here. I can name 20 better off the top of my head for 2013 (which is RIGHT NOW). Calvin, Andre, Green, Marshall, Julio, Roddy, Wayne, Harvin, Cruz, Nicks, Crabtree, Dez, VJax, Cobb, Nelson, DThomas, Welker, Fitzgerald, Colston, Decker............that's 20 who WILL oustscore Gordon in 2013

Now for WR's who may: Amendola, Garcon, Mike Williams, Maclin, Jennings, Stevie Johnson, Blackmon, Hilton, Jeffery, Floyd, Britt, Wallace, Austin, Steve Smith, James Jones, Antonio Brown.....I could go on and on. Again maybe they will outperform Gordon, maybe not......but it's ludacris to suggest Gordon IS top 10-15 right now. Maybe he would have a shot with a different QB, but not Weeden.

Hey Werd......PM please...... I want to get into a league with you!

I think he is now.
Let me get this straight. Gordon RIGHT NOW is top 10-15?!? Okay, I own Gordon so I'm not hating on the guy.....I hope you are both right but let's be real here. I can name 20 better off the top of my head for 2013 (which is RIGHT NOW). Calvin, Andre, Green, Marshall, Julio, Roddy, Wayne, Harvin, Cruz, Nicks, Crabtree, Dez, VJax, Cobb, Nelson, DThomas, Welker, Fitzgerald, Colston, Decker............that's 20 who WILL oustscore Gordon in 2013

Now for WR's who may: Amendola, Garcon, Mike Williams, Maclin, Jennings, Stevie Johnson, Blackmon, Hilton.....I could go on and on. Again maybe they will outperform Gordon, maybe not......but it's ludacris to suggest Gordon IS top 10-15 right now. Maybe he would have a shot with a different QB, but not Weeden.

Well, firstly... since you don't scout your own players, there's two staffers who have him in that range right now.

While it's useless for me to do this, I'll give you my take too. He's very young and showed well his first season in the NFL after not playing football for a year. He played for a Browns team that was pretty dismal last season and still produced. He's got great measurables and unlimited potential with more or as much talent as most of the people you list save 10 or so of them. I'd put him at the latter part of the top 10-15 people but I think we should continue to see him develop into a perennial top 15 if not a top 10 guy.

I think he is now.
Let me get this straight. Gordon RIGHT NOW is top 10-15?!? Okay, I own Gordon so I'm not hating on the guy.....I hope you are both right but let's be real here. I can name 20 better off the top of my head for 2013 (which is RIGHT NOW). Calvin, Andre, Green, Marshall, Julio, Roddy, Wayne, Harvin, Cruz, Nicks, Crabtree, Dez, VJax, Cobb, Nelson, DThomas, Welker, Fitzgerald, Colston, Decker............that's 20 who WILL oustscore Gordon in 2013

Now for WR's who may: Amendola, Garcon, Mike Williams, Maclin, Jennings, Stevie Johnson, Blackmon, Hilton.....I could go on and on. Again maybe they will outperform Gordon, maybe not......but it's ludacris to suggest Gordon IS top 10-15 right now. Maybe he would have a shot with a different QB, but not Weeden.

Well, firstly... since you don't scout your own players, there's two staffers who have him in that range right now.

While it's useless for me to do this, I'll give you my take too. He's very young and showed well his first season in the NFL after not playing football for a year. He played for a Browns team that was pretty dismal last season and still produced. He's got great measurables and unlimited potential with more or as much talent as most of the people you list save 10 or so of them. I'd put him at the latter part of the top 10-15 people but I think we should continue to see him develop into a perennial top 15 if not a top 10 guy.
You did say RIGHT NOW......I'm always open to friendly wagers. PM me to make a bet. Maybe we can get a mutual FBG friend to hold the money. If Gordon is top 15 for 2013 in PPR scoring, I'll pay you and if not you pay me. What do you say pal? Put your money where your mouth is. You are the one who thinks you know everything around here. Let's see how your scouting does you in this bet.

I think he is now.

You did say RIGHT NOW......I'm always open to friendly wagers. PM me to make a bet. Maybe we can get a mutual FBG friend to hold the money. If Gordon is top 15 for 2013 in PPR scoring, I'll pay you and if not you pay me. What do you say pal? Put your money where your mouth is. You are the one who thinks you know everything around here. Let's see how your scouting does you in this bet.
When I rank dynasty players I'm thinking future, always. I see him as a top 15 dynasty WR right now, however I'm not saying he'll be 15th in fantasy points this season.

ETA: It's been fun Carl.

Users who are viewing this thread