What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

My team is projected to lead the league in scoring week-after-week...but comes up well short each time. (1 Viewer)

HutHutHike

Footballguy
This is combination of venting and asking what I could be doing better. My team will be either 6-2 or 5-3 after this week (Herbert needs to outscore Cole Kmet by 11), but my players are really struggling to score lately despite lofty projections. My 10-team, half-PPR squad:
QB: Herbert
RB: Bijan, Taylor, Henry, Brian Robinson, Spears
WR: Puka, Waddle, Olave, Diontae Johnson, Nico Collins
TE: Kelce, Kincaid (stashing for Kelce bye week)
D: NYJ
K: Fairbiarn (streaming)
IR: Kyler Murray

According to ESPN and FantasyPro's analytics, my team is rated 1st out of 10 (FP my team is rated as 100, second-best team is rated 89). But week after week, I'm falling short of expectations. Here are my past four weeks:
WEEK 8: Projected 124 pts, currently have 79 pts pre-Herbert
WEEK 7: Projected 117 pts, scored 95 pts
WEEK 6: Projected 120 pts, scored 115 pts (this was fairly accurate, but I lost by 4)
WEEK 5: Projected 110 pts, scored 89 pts (Richardson got hurt filling in for Herbert ,but the non-Kelce members of my team underperformed)

Three of the past four weeks have been nothing short of awful, compared to expectations. But I'm not sure what I can do. My league doesn't trade unless I over-offer (I had to give up both Mostert and Kyren Williams to land Henry last month). Am I undervaluing a luck component or is my squad fundamentally flawed?

It might be because ESPN and Fantasy Pro's analytics are fundamentally flawed
I tend to agree. I feel my team on paper is pretty strong, but there is always room for improvement. I can use a matchup-proof #1 WR, however no one is willing to trade theirs. One team - performing well - is loaded at WR but their RB2 is Mattison. I would be willing to trade one of my main three RB and a Olave or Waddle for either Brown or Lamb (before today), and they countered wanting Henry and Bijan - plus a receiver. No thank you. Another team's RB2 is Darrell Henderson, but they aren't interested in any of my running backs.

I tend to agree. I feel my team on paper is pretty strong, but there is always room for improvement. I can use a matchup-proof #1 WR, however no one is willing to trade theirs. One team - performing well - is loaded at WR but their RB2 is Mattison. I would be willing to trade one of my main three RB and a Olave or Waddle for either Brown or Lamb (before today), and they countered wanting Henry and Bijan - plus a receiver. No thank you. Another team's RB2 is Darrell Henderson, but they aren't interested in any of my running backs.

Who cares - let those teams languish in mediocrity then. Everything tends to average out.

Who cares - let those teams languish in mediocrity then. Everything tends to average out.
Certainly hope so...since I'm projected to lead the league in scoring once again LOL.

UPDATE: My team was projected to score 119 points. As we near the end of the early afternoon games, my team is expected to score 90. :frown:. It never ends.

(Diontae and Nico each scored today...but I traded them for Davante Adams a couple of days ago. The pain.)

UPDATE: My team was projected to score 119 points. As we near the end of the early afternoon games, my team is expected to score 90. :frown:. It never ends.

(Diontae and Nico each scored today...but I traded them for Davante Adams a couple of days ago. The pain.)
I don't know why you care what you are projected to score by your host site. That is irrelevant. It is rarely even close to being right so why even bother with paying attention to it. You seem to be very pre-occupied with the projections and get very frustrated with them. Maybe your team just isn't that good and the website (did you use the website projections to draft your team?) is screwing with you.

Users who are viewing this thread