What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Name your Top Five NFL QB's of All Time (1 Viewer)

The Otto Graham mention in a previous post prompted me to google him and I am now officially a member of the Otto Graham as World's all-time greatest QB club. Obviously before my time, but his accomplishments were simply astonishing.

First of all, in college, at a small school of which name already escapes me, he actually beat Paul Brown's Ohio State squad in back to back years. He had phenomenal accomplishments in HS as well, but of course all the greats do.

Here's a quick hitting BIO....

Was actually drafted by both the NBL(now the NBA) and NFL, and played BBall first and in his rookie year helped Red Holtzman, "Rifleman" Chuck Connors and others win the world's title. Unreal.

Joined the AAFC and helped the Cleveland Browns win the league title his rookie year, AND the next 3 seasons. Was league MVP three years. Unreal.

When the Browns joined the NFL in 1950, he immediately lead them to the league title. The next 3 years, he led the Browns to the title game only to lose each, but then the Browns won again in '54 and in '55 when Graham came out of retirement. He earned 2 NFL league MVPs.

So, 5 total league MVPs and 7 titles. Ummmmm......unreal. Of course it was a different time, but let me go ahead and bump Montana down to 2 now.

;)

Palmer? Come on......... after two good seasons? Maybe in 10 years you can add his name but not today.

Not in any order.......

Fouts

Tarkenton

Marino

Johnny U

Elway
LOVE the Tarkenton pick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :goodposting: :goodposting: :goodposting:

he was flat out awesome

:thumbup:

To briefly comment about Otto Graham and others that I didnt happen to mention, Id only add that I didnt actually see Unitas or Starr or Graham or Baugh play or I may have considered them. Their accomplishments speak for themselves. If Id rank the top 5 all time of guys I never saw play, they definitely make the list....and Bobby Layne or Fran Tarkenton might be the 5th , I dunno.

By the way, did any of you guys ever see Otto Graham play?? Id be tremendously impressed with that.
NFL Films down?

The Otto Graham mention in a previous post prompted me to google him and I am now officially a member of the Otto Graham as World's all-time greatest QB club. Obviously before my time, but his accomplishments were simply astonishing.

First of all, in college, at a small school of which name already escapes me, he actually beat Paul Brown's Ohio State squad in back to back years. He had phenomenal accomplishments in HS as well, but of course all the greats do.

Here's a quick hitting BIO....

Was actually drafted by both the NBL(now the NBA) and NFL, and played BBall first and in his rookie year helped Red Holtzman, "Rifleman" Chuck Connors and others win the world's title. Unreal.

Joined the AAFC and helped the Cleveland Browns win the league title his rookie year, AND the next 3 seasons. Was league MVP three years. Unreal.

When the Browns joined the NFL in 1950, he immediately lead them to the league title. The next 3 years, he led the Browns to the title game only to lose each, but then the Browns won again in '54 and in '55 when Graham came out of retirement. He earned 2 NFL league MVPs.

So, 5 total league MVPs and 7 titles. Ummmmm......unreal. Of course it was a different time, but let me go ahead and bump Montana down to 2 now.

;)
thanks! that was my post about Otto Graham!! he was great!! played 10 years, made it to 10 championship games. best ever? quite possibly, yes.

Users who are viewing this thread