What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NYJ OC Nathaniel Hackett - New Frontiers In NFL Nepotism (1 Viewer)

The networks need a dedicated Hackett cam for Broncos games to document a man's brain eating itself in real time.

The third and short pitch out to a TE who has 1 carry for 3 yards in his career was a nice touch. This guy is making Jim Tomsula look like Don Shula. And Russ was frustrated in Seattle......my lord.

I'm changing his name to Nathaniel Buckner, crash landed in Denver from the year 1773, stole it from Galifinakis

"Thank Ye Thank Ye, good to be hither"

Hackett and the coaches brought all this on themselves. All preseason when questioned about him and his entire staff being first time head coach or coordinators he acted like "how dare you guys" We have been coaches forever. When questioned about how they ran practice it was "We will be fine". Fans are now going to hold them accountable. Wilson the same. He looks overweight and out of shape. Guess that's what happens when you spend your time off traveling the world.

Hackett and the coaches brought all this on themselves. All preseason when questioned about him and his entire staff being first time head coach or coordinators he acted like "how dare you guys" We have been coaches forever. When questioned about how they ran practice it was "We will be fine". Fans are now going to hold them accountable. Wilson the same. He looks overweight and out of shape. Guess that's what happens when you spend your time off traveling the world.

Certainly didn't see other starting QBs making this sort of money at the US Open.....

Following the Broncos' 16-9 win over the Texans Nathaniel Hackett told reporters, "I would be booing myself."​

The Broncos were once again terrible in the red zone, and their clock management has been epically bad. The Broncos crowd took to chanting the play clock as it expired, like basketball fans chanting the shot clock. Hackett, a first-time play caller, seems to be genuinely struggling with play-calling duties, with the offense repeatedly shooting itself in the foot over the first two weeks. Facing the 49ers in Week 3, the Broncos needs to work out a bucket full of kinks in practice this week.
SOURCE: ProFootballTalk
Sep 19, 2022, 8:54 AM ET
the fact he said that makes me think he might not be as stupid as he looks so far

No doubt a good OC, much doubt being a HC. I think he’s gone at the end of season if not before if he doesn’t right the ship ASAP. Home game fans will boo them out of the stadium if what we’ve seen so far continues. It’s important to note that he is essentially a carryover from previous ownership, so the ties to retain him are pretty loose.

It was obvious to me during the Houston game that Wilson is ticked the way the offense has been going. He and Hackett do not appear to be on the same page, let alone the entire offense looking and acting lost.

Ok, I can't defend this today. I'm all for giving benefit of doubt and long leashes, but we have got to see improvement.

1. Penalties are killing us. I believe this is the most penalties over a 2 game stretch in team history.

2. Delay of games - WTF? I get it in Seattle; no excuse in Denver.

3. Play calling - Hackett is getting too cute, with the TE sweeps, RB throwbacks, etc...and here we are, 4 trips inside the 5 with 2 turnovers, 2 FG, no TD's... Run the damn ball. Give me 3 TE's, a FB, and pound it in. Everyone knows this.

4. I suppose a lot of this rust is because starters didn't play in preseason. That was to keep healthy, right? But now, we are down Meinerz, Jeudy, Turner, Hamler, Surtain, Simmons, Jewell, so what's the point?
no improvement. Regression, even. playcalling has gotten worse; if that's possible.

Kind of glad Javonte is out, as when he’s back next season this guy and his incompetence should be long gone. It’s alarming how bad his game management and play calling is. Oh, and Russell Wilson no longer being good enough to overcome that isn’t helping matters. What a mess.

Not sure if it was during the game or on talk radio after the game. Anyway someone said wonder what the new owners were thinking as their new 4 billion team was getting booed loudly by the home fans.
He’s 100% gone after this year. Owners didn’t hire him and they’ll want to make a splash. No way is this bozo coaching there next year unless they make some kind of miraculous turn around.

Not sure if it was during the game or on talk radio after the game. Anyway someone said wonder what the new owners were thinking as their new 4 billion team was getting booed loudly by the home fans.
He’s 100% gone after this year. Owners didn’t hire him and they’ll want to make a splash. No way is this bozo coaching there next year unless they make some kind of miraculous turn around.
I don't see how you can afford to keep him for any more games this year. They get the Chargers next week. That could be a bloodbath. Then Jets at home. I can't imagine that home reception if they lose to the Chargers. The owners risk having an empty stadium by December.

Sean Payton

Sean Payton
Yeah that's the spin going around right now. Get Payton before someone else signs him.
Edited to add: The calls to go get Sean Payton started before last night's game.

Sean Payton
Yeah that's the spin going around right now. Get Payton before someone else signs him.
Edited to add: The calls to go get Sean Payton started before last night's game.
yea, that's been a hot topic on the DEN boards for a while.

Sean Payton

Well, if anybody can get the most out of a 5'8" slow QB with diminishing arm strength, it's Payton.

Sean Payton
No one can sign Payton. You can trade for him but he won't be cheap and that's an issue for Denver which already gave a bounty of picks for Russ.

Sean Payton
No one can sign Payton. You can trade for him but he won't be cheap and that's an issue for Denver which already gave a bounty of picks for Russ.
Denver is in for a rough few years.

The # of ways he enabled the Broncos to lose the game last night is, frankly, astonishing.

Unless it was Hackett that drew up that final play. WR (Hamler?) was W-I-D-E O-P-E-N... TWICE! QB suddenly can't read defenses, scan the field, or make a 2nd window throw... instead decided to lob a lazy throw to his man-crush that was covered like a blanket... game over.

The # of ways he enabled the Broncos to lose the game last night is, frankly, astonishing.

Unless it was Hackett that drew up that final play. WR (Hamler?) was W-I-D-E O-P-E-N... TWICE! QB suddenly can't read defenses, scan the field, or make a 2nd window throw... instead decided to lob a lazy throw to his man-crush that was covered like a blanket... game over.
the game should have never come down to that final play. how about kicking the FG on 3rd and 4 to put your team up by 6 against the (second?) worst offense in the league, in a game with 0 TD's, and at home? Or the consistent refusal to put the QB under center and pound the damn ball up the gut, at any of the several redzone opportunities?

Russ isn't without blame for last night for sure, but there were quite a few coaches calls that were bad.

Why would Sean Payton want any part of that mess? He already bailed on New Orleans when they were turning into a mess.
Russ is the antithesis of Drew Brees. No way Payton wants to coach him.
How so?
Brees was immobile and hyper accurate in the short areas and middle. Russ is mobile and likes to take shots down field to make up for an almost complete lack of passes int he middle.

Sutton was covered, but he should have curled back. He had leverage underneath but he kept running across. It probably looked like Russ threw it late and low and Sutton had to adjust but Russ threw it to a spot where Sutton could shield the defender with his whole body.

I'm buying Russ (and Sutton) for the second half.

the game should have never come down to that final play. how about kicking the FG on 3rd and 4 to put your team up by 6 against the (second?) worst offense in the league, in a game with 0 TD's, and at home? Or the consistent refusal to put the QB under center and pound the damn ball up the gut, at any of the several redzone opportunities?

Russ isn't without blame for last night for sure, but there were quite a few coaches calls that were bad.
Agree with this, but one of them is a rookie.

Users who are viewing this thread