What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NBC News Chuck Todd On Solving Trump For POTUS 2024 - "The Only Answer Is Death" ( 7/11/22 17:52 PST) (1 Viewer)

GordonGekko

Footballguy
VIDEO: Meet The Press Broadcast (Full) July 10 — Sec. Raimondo, Gov. Hogan, Rep. Murphy, Kara Swisher Jul 10, 2022 NBC News

CHUCK TODD: Welcome back. Now, to the Republicans. So, Rich, there was a scandal plague, an embarrassing leader of the Conservative Party in the U.K. And there was finally the "enough is enough" moment, and they got rid of Boris. You know, arguably Mitch McConnell had a moment where he could've done the same thing the way the U.K. does, essentially the vote of no confidence. "We're dumping our leader. He can never be leader again." This American conservative party hasn't done it. Why?

RICH LOWRY: Well, one, it's a different system. .... And at the end of the day, the issue is Trump has a significant hold on Republican voters. And critics of Trump, enemies of Trump who want him to go away just need to constantly remind themselves the people they need to convince, the sitting Republicans who voted for him twice, they like him.They're entertained by him. They're grateful for many things that he did. They hate the media. And they think Trump is often attacked unfairly. So from my perspective, the person who's likely to win over those voters from Trump eventually is someone Trump critics probably hate as well, someone like Ron DeSantis, rather than a Liz Cheney....

HALLIE JACKSON: .....I do think that if you look at 2024, I think that Mike Pence is clearly going to run. I do not think, as much as Mike Pence wants to have a hold on the sort of MAGA members of the Republican Party, he does not. I think that that's a question mark. I think evangelical Republicans he can make the case to. I think the more broad appeal is going to be elusive for him.

CHUCK TODD: Well, let's get to your book, Mr. Leibovich. Because in many ways, if you read your book, “Thank You for Your Servitude” here, you get the explanation for why what happened in the U.K. isn't yet happening here. And I want to start with this excerpt, because I think it gets at the core of actually the Republicans not understanding Trump. And the censors, be careful. "If you're a Republican in Washington--" and this is, an outgoing Republican member of Congress said this to you. "If you're a Republican in Washington, the idea is basically to make yourselves as much of a D-head as possible in order to get attention and impress the biggest D-head of all, the guy sitting in the White House." Finish the anecdote for me, because just what--

MARK LEIBOVICH: I'm not going to finish the D-head for you.

CHUCK TODD: No. But he would not put his name on this quote. Explain to me what he told you.

MARK LEIBOVICH: .....You see the gap between 1) what Republicans will say publicly and privately play out again and again and again. And look, it's not like there's not a tradition of Republicans pushing back on the leadership of their party in America. I mean, the private view of Republicans towards this president is extremely harsh. It's extremely mocking. And look, politicians are always going to say different things in public and private before different audiences. I've never seen a gap wider than this.

DANIELLA GIBBS LEGER: Apparently not. I mean, that literally is the problem. And, I mean, I think you're right. Like, Republicans have to figure out what's more important to them. Is it the immediacy to power? Or do they care about their legacy? Do they care about what history books are going to write about them? As I say this I'm like, "Of course they don't care," because they've shown over and over again it's more important for them to win the next election than to, like, I don't know, maybe stand up for our democracy.

MARK LEIBOVICH: They're all addicted. Look, I mean, there are any number of psychological reasons why people do certain things, you know, and make decisions like this. I mean, it's funny, Rich and I were in the green room before when Governor Hogan said, "Well, Republicans need to sort of figure out what they need to do." And it's like, it's been seven years. I mean, based on the precedent of recent history, the Republican m.o. in dealing with Donald Trump is fecklessness. And in doing this book, I learned this over and over and over again. And I don't think the revolution is going to be led by Lindsey Graham, or Kevin McCarthy, or Mitch McConnell. And, look, they've had the chance to do it over and over and over again. If he can survive January 6th, and for a few days it looked like he wasn't, and be where is today--

CHUCK TODD: Well, this brings me to this. If he runs, will somebody explain to me how he accepts losing?

RICH LOWRY: Yeah, that's a big--

HALLIE JACKSON: You know the answer to that question.

RICH LOWRY: That's a big conundrum. Look, I think there's probably maybe a 15% chance he doesn't run. But very likely he's in.

CHUCK TODD: It seems like all these people--

HALLIE JACKSON: I was going to say--

(OVERTALK)

CHUCK TODD:

The only answer is--

( THE ONLY ANSWER IS DEATH )*

CHUCK TODD:

--(UNINTEL).

( THE ONLY ANSWER IS DEATH )*

MARK LEIBOVICH: The only plan we have-- this is another former Republican congressman that said, "Look, we have no plan for this except sitting around hoping he dies." And, again, this quote--

CHUCK TODD: Astonishing.

DANIELLA GIBBS LEGER: This is so depressing--

MARK LEIBOVICH: It's all so depressing..... But no, I mean, these conversations happen over and over again. And what's cast it in such sharp relief, and over the last few months is you see what's happening in England, you see what's happening on the January 6th commission. The courage that actually does happen in conservative circles is cast in such sharp relief with the punitive leadership of the Republican Party....

https://youtu.be/NhkhVEu2Eiw?t=2460

TRANSCRIPT ( Meet the Press - July 10, 2022)  :

https://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/meet-press-july-10-2022-n1296939

*( I added back in the actual dialogue from the video segment into the transcript display above. NBC News attempted to redact what Chuck Todd said in the officially released transcript. Similar to what just happened with Joe Biden and his teleprompter "End The Quote. Repeat The Line" scandal)

VIDEO: ‘So much worse than we thought’: GOP pollster on potential political violence in America Jul 1, 2022 CNN

Republican pollster Neil Newhouse and former Obama pollster Joel Benenson speak with CNN’s John King about a poll they conducted that showed more than a quarter of Americans think it may be necessary to take up arms against the government and that most Americans think their government is corrupt and rigged against them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HE44i1eNV8

VIDEO: Are Democrats calling for violence after Supreme Court ruling on abortion? Jun 25, 2022

'The Big Saturday Show' panelists react to protests across the United States after the Supreme Court's decision on abortion and weigh in on 'misinformation' surrounding the ruling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZRoT_p7a8Q

VIDEO: Pro-Abortion Radicals Offer 'Bounties' on Supreme Court Justice 'Sightings' Jul 11, 2022

Abortion rights supporters marched outside the White House Saturday, demanding more action from the president.

https://youtu.be/IEkGfkHAw28?t=80

MEDIA OPTICS: Man Comes Home Without Beer, Woman Stabs Him With Ceramic Squirrel: Deputies

South Carolina authorities say a 44-year-old woman angry at a man for returning home without beer on Christmas beat and stabbed him with a ceramic squirrel.

...The Charleston County Sheriff's office says in a report that deputies found a man covered with blood when they arrived at Helen Williams' North Charleston home early Wednesday. She told investigators the man fell and cut himself, but couldn't explain why her hands and clothes were also bloody....

Deputies say the man said Williams was so angry when he returned without beer because stores were closed on Christmas Eve that she grabbed a ceramic squirrel, beat him in the head, then stabbed him in the shoulder and chest....Williams was in jail Friday and charged with criminal domestic violence. It wasn't known if she had a lawyer....

Associated Press March 1, 2018 at 4:08 pm

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/man-comes-home-without-beer-woman-stabs-him-with-ceramic-squirrel-deputies/2015609/?amp

Nonviolence is the answer to the crucial political and moral questions of our time: the need for man to overcome oppression and violence without resorting to oppression and violence. Man must evolve for all human conflict a method which rejects revenge, aggression and retaliation. The foundation of such a method is love. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent. - Mahatma Gandhi

Chuck Todd from NBC News Meet The Press and Mark Leibovich speak the quiet part out loud.

- The Democratic Party and the Biden Administration have self inflicted so many failures and scandals that they will likely lose the upcoming Mid Terms badly and probably the 2024 general election, including POTUS. Given that FedSoc assembly line Conservative Catholics are the majority on SCOTUS, this situation is unacceptable to the tone deaf elitist Liberal Limousine establishment wing of Team Blue

- Donald Trump is too popular. He embodies much of the rage of the every day working class who feel abandoned by wealthy disconnected liberal professional politicians who do not make their lives better and offer no hope for the future of their children. The failures of the current Biden Administration, and the widespread distrust of "state media" where the propaganda is failing with the masses, have inexplicably made The Big Cheeto into a legitimate POTUS 2024 contender despite all his vast number of scandals and failures. And that Cocaine Mitch and Kevin McCarthy won't lift a finger to stop it.

- It's "alleged" that the majority of the GOP despises Trump but still falls in line because they are "addicted" and weak and part of the deeper anti-democratic pathology of all Republicans in America. But that they secretly wish he was dead.

- Team Blue has tried for 7 full years to put Trump down politically. Two impeachments with a proxy for a "Third Impeachment" with the J6 Hearings. Plus a constant barrage from the MSM. Clinton cooking the Russia influence accusations. And on and on and on. And The Big Cheeto won't go down, he won't accept losing and he's managed to survive literally everything thrown at him. The establishment Democrats are essentially at wits end here.

Finally Chuck Todd just gets to point at 46:18 and 46:20 in the episode - THE ONLY ANSWER IS DEATH

While such a statement might be seen a different way in another time in our modern political history, it's happening in the current backdrop of the enabled rioting, looting and burning of 2020 and the pure hunt for Conservative SCOTUS via threats, bounties and attempted assassinations and the intentional public policies that have turned Big Blue Cities into total criminal chaos.

My assessment? The Democratic Party is not a monolith. There are many liberal elected officials who don't want violence and don't support violence. However the actual power base of the current Team Blue, the core of the establishment Democrats plus the "state media" propaganda arm of the current activist complicit MSM, makes it very very clear. They are normalizing the conditions under which assassinating Conservative and Republican political enemies becomes socially acceptable and baked into the general apathy of simply beating down the entire population with massive inflation and government overreach.

The real answer is applying democratic processes. The real answer is the application of more democracy at work. Go win elections. Win lots of them. Win so many that you have the majorities you want and need to get your people into office, to pass the legislation you want, and to appoint judges who will uphold those laws. But you can only do that if you make the lives of everyday working class people and their children better. You also need to deliver on your promises to people who voted for you in the past. But the power base of Team Blue is beholden to their corporate overlord donor base too much to do that.

So why bother with "more democracy" that helps the rank and file American citizens who need it the most?

Maybe it's easier, as Chuck Todd skirts around the issue as thinly as possible, to just push that DEATH IS THE ONLY ANSWER.

If you can't bring down your opponent after 7 years of non stop attack, I guess many on the hard radical left want it to come down to this. Can Meet The Press be any dirtier here? They are literally trying to sell if and when the killings happen, that it's going to be the machinations of quietly seething passive aggressive freedom hating loser Republicans in office that pulled the trigger. There are things you don't do in traditional media optics, and Chuck Todd just broke all the old rules. Whatever people think of Donald Trump as a politician, he's still an American citizen. There's a difference between defending the core principle of what it means to protect all American citizens and  to separate that from how many people feel about a 4th rate failed reality TV star trolling grifter.  You can't go on national TV and keep egging on this kind of violent rhetoric. That Chuck Todd will be privately celebrated for saying this, defying all basic media ethics in tow, is a red flag of what's to come. And for those who want to bring up J6, the real answer is still more democracy. Go win so many elections that you could choke an elephant and make sure Trump never sees political office again.

In the very near future, political violence will be widespread. The activist complicit MSM will attempt to normalize it. They will inch forward step by step. They want you to agree with them that the best Band Aid to their preferrred incompetent candidates and failed idiotic policy is to just start picking people off.  They will want you to soak in the blood with them and cheer them on as patriots.

Think about how far some have to go to recoil away from the basic concepts of liberty from our Founders along with the principles of those like Gandhi and MLK Jr. And what's the new normal?  If you can't beat your opponents with more democracy, then it's clearly time for violence, threats and outright slaughter.

We will all see more political assassinations in the near future than we've ever seen before in America's entire recorded history.

Is this the kind of world that we want our children to inherit?

If you choose to normalize these kind of threats, this kind of rhetoric, this kind of incitement, this kind of violence, then you've already given your answer.

I knew this was a Gordon Gekko thread just by glancing at the thread title without even seeing the date and time stamp at the end. 

I seriously doubt that Chuck Todd was calling for Trump's death on a Meet The Press broadcast. 😃

Oy yoy yoy

VIDEO: WH EDITS Transcript To COVERUP Biden's Obvious Gaffe | Breaking Points with Krystal and Saagar Jul 11, 2022

Krystal and Saagar report on the White House's editing of a transcript meant for archives of Biden's speech where he delivered an obvious gaffe while reading the teleprompter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS3jLBc3zpg

The White House Communications Staff had the official transcript for Joe Biden's "End Of Quote. Repeat The Line" altered.

Part of the reason is that when the GOP retakes the House in the Mid Terms, Biden will be impeached, and his "alleged" cognitive decline will be a factor.  Changing the transcript is a way to deny the incident happened at all. You don't alter the transcript like that. You don't do it.

In the same way NBC News Meet The Press altered the transcript for what Chuck Todd said. He clearly said "The Answer Is Death"  Twice. Not once, but twice. You don't say that about any still living former President and you don't say anything like that about a legitimate POTUS contender. It's not just unethical, it's dangerous. And given the violent rhetoric and behavior coming from the radical left and Team Blue of late, it's no longer acceptable to call any of it an exception to the general rule.

Team Blue and it's media arm advocating for violence is now their new normal.

I agree with @NorvilleBarnes when he says  there is nothing about the activist complicit MSM's behavior about Hunter Biden's laptop that is acceptable. It's clear partisan hackery.  IIRC, he also has mentioned before that the only way to really discuss the hypocrisy is to imagine it was Donald Trump Jr's laptop instead.

In the same way, if Conservative and Republican pundits were talking about Barack Obama, and someone said "The answer is death" twice, there would be an endless firestorm about it.

You don't say that. Ever. I actually understand this industry. Cheap deflections don't work here. If Leibovich can't get some Republican on the record, as he "claims" to say that they wanted Trump to die, then you don't air that. That wasn't the point though. The point was Chuck Todd wanted to back door talk about having Donald Trump assassinated while trying to create cover for himself by saying he was only discussing something inside Leibovich's book.

If a political Party or a specific political regime sucks at winning elections, that's no reason to talk about solutions that include the death of a high level brand name candidate as a cure for that failure.

GordonGekko said:
VIDEO: WH EDITS Transcript To COVERUP Biden's Obvious Gaffe | Breaking Points with Krystal and Saagar Jul 11, 2022

Krystal and Saagar report on the White House's editing of a transcript meant for archives of Biden's speech where he delivered an obvious gaffe while reading the teleprompter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS3jLBc3zpg

The White House Communications Staff had the official transcript for Joe Biden's "End Of Quote. Repeat The Line" altered.

Part of the reason is that when the GOP retakes the House in the Mid Terms, Biden will be impeached, and his "alleged" cognitive decline will be a factor.  Changing the transcript is a way to deny the incident happened at all. You don't alter the transcript like that. You don't do it.

In the same way NBC News Meet The Press altered the transcript for what Chuck Todd said. He clearly said "The Answer Is Death"  Twice. Not once, but twice. You don't say that about any still living former President and you don't say anything like that about a legitimate POTUS contender. It's not just unethical, it's dangerous. And given the violent rhetoric and behavior coming from the radical left and Team Blue of late, it's no longer acceptable to call any of it an exception to the general rule.

Team Blue and it's media arm advocating for violence is now their new normal.

I agree with @NorvilleBarnes when he says  there is nothing about the activist complicit MSM's behavior about Hunter Biden's laptop that is acceptable. It's clear partisan hackery.  IIRC, he also has mentioned before that the only way to really discuss the hypocrisy is to imagine it was Donald Trump Jr's laptop instead.

In the same way, if Conservative and Republican pundits were talking about Barack Obama, and someone said "The answer is death" twice, there would be an endless firestorm about it.

You don't say that. Ever. I actually understand this industry. Cheap deflections don't work here. If Leibovich can't get some Republican on the record, as he "claims" to say that they wanted Trump to die, then you don't air that. That wasn't the point though. The point was Chuck Todd wanted to back door talk about having Donald Trump assassinated while trying to create cover for himself by saying he was only discussing something inside Leibovich's book.

If a political Party or a specific political regime sucks at winning elections, that's no reason to talk about solutions that include the death of a high level brand name candidate as a cure for that failure.

Context is everything, Gordon, as tymarsas noted above Chuck Todd's statement: "He was summarizing a point from the book which was quoting an unnamed GOP congressman."  and was not calling for Trump's death. 

GordonGekko said:
. They (the Democrats and the MSM) are normalizing the conditions under which assassinating Conservative and Republican political enemies becomes socially acceptable 
GG’s opening posts are typically so lengthy that some of his more insane statements get lost. I think there is something seriously wrong with anyone who writes something like this. 

GG’s opening posts are typically so lengthy that some of his more insane statements get lost. I think there is something seriously wrong with anyone who writes something like this. 

Yeah, I missed that amid the verbiage, and I agree.  :(

https://forums.footballguys.com/topic/767468-official-scotus-thread/page/43/#comment-23084180

Posted November 14, 2020

Do you not see the long term outcome from SCOTUS court packing? An increasing number of Justices to the point where a critical case/vote will only be swayed by having either a fringe element of the radical left OR right pick someone off. Is that the future some of you want for your kids? Because if you have court packing and each side keeps adding Justices, the only equalizer without term limits is death. Do any you want open firefights between US Marshals and some fringe group trying to ambush someone to eliminate a vote? Or multiple votes at once?...Amy Coney Barrett should not have to pay for what happened to Merrick Garland. Merrick Garland should not have to pay for some previous partisan **** measuring contest....

https://forums.footballguys.com/topic/791279-who-will-be-the-gop-candidate-in-2024/page/8/#comment-23253133

Posted February 16, 2021

...US Marshals SOG is their tactical Special Operations Group. While they are not primarily tasked with close protection, the reality is that an actual threat to a sitting Supreme Court Justice would very likely be a well coordinated well funded pre planned strike from a comparable Tier 1 level tactical unit....Since the only way to change the numbers on SCOTUS is through retirement ( rare) and death ( unpredictable), this hyper accelerates the threat risk to Thomas. Extreme Pro Choice radical leftists will want to cancel out the conservative vote on SCOTUS. The easiest way to change the Court, in the eyes of extremists, is to start picking them off....Colloton, Pityuk and Ho are all seen as GOP SCOTUS contenders, at varying levels, but have Pro Life leanings in their background. To nominate and confirm any of them would only further enrage extremists and lend the narrative that Roe Vs Wade is going to shift. Pacold worked for Thomas and that would literally start a war in the streets if she somehow turned longshot status into SCOTUS....US Marshals has to coordinate with Secret Service ( via DHS) and Diplomatic Security Service as well as Federal Protective Service and Capitol Police to coordinate security for sitting Justices. DHS doesn't want this kind of conflict on their watch. If you pick off Thomas, the response by the extreme radical right will be to pick off liberal Justices in response....

https://forums.footballguys.com/topic/776645-trump-to-infinity-and-beyond-hq-the-great-and-positive-place/page/686/#comment-23425131

Posted June 6, 2021

The problem with packing SCOTUS is the extreme elements of the radical Pro Choice and radical Pro Life factions. Since Clarence Thomas will be seen as the biggest potential proponent of overturning Roe Vs Wade and some extremists will believe SCOTUS will try to do it before the court is truly packed, then he's an open target. You cannot change SCOTUS without retirement or end of life. Some extremists will try to speed up the second version of that story. Once someone makes a move on Thomas, it will turn ugly in the streets. There will be two narratives. One that the radical left will resort to violence and stop the passive aggressive culture stealing. The other will be white supremacists tried to hit a high profile African American, and thus all poor rural white Republicans must be purified....

https://forums.footballguys.com/topic/791279-who-will-be-the-gop-candidate-in-2024/page/8/#comment-23254339

Posted February 17, 2021

...The number of death threats that brand name American politicians have gotten in the last year has skyrocketed exponentially. You think Clarence Thomas isn't being bracketed like the rest? Have you seen how rabid the Pro Life/Pro Choice extremists can get.....

"Seriously wrong" about forecasting political violence in advance, eh?

What's "seriously wrong" is one political Party keeps egging on, inciting and normalizing violence. For years now. It's not some one time event, it's not some random quirk in the system, it's a clear pattern of disturbing behavior. Nearly 50 million legal firearms were sold in the last two and a half years. What do you think that says about how every day working class people feel about the government's ability and willingness to protect the average tax payer?

If Biden has nothing to hide, the official transcripts for "Repeat The Line" wouldn't have been altered.

If NBC News and Chuck Todd have nothing to hide, the official transcripts for Meet The Press wouldn't have been altered.

For those here beating the J6 drum endlessly and talking about the attempted overthrow of our government, you can't keep shouting about a violent insurrection that threatens our Republic and pretend like the widespread crime, the looting, the rioting, the burning, the assassination attempt of Kavanaugh, bounties being placed on SCOTUS, zealots following Sinema into a bathroom, multiple attacks on Asians in the streets, Waukesha, illegal immigrants committing crimes as they breach the Southern Border, idiotic and intentional "bail reform" that turned Big Blue Cities into criminal cesspools and on and on and on didn't happen.

There is a consistent ramping up and escalation at work here. Chuck Todd knows better. You don't say "The Answer Is Death" when talking about a former President who is a current POTUS contender.

No one gets to pick and choose which political violence is benign, because it's all toxic and it's all a threat to our Republic.

Chuck Todd is a complete hack. Like Keith Olbermann level hack. A potential candidate dying isn't something he should even bring up. It's irresponsible, and either he should know that or he knows it and he did it anyway. Likely for ratings, clicks, and mentions on social media. Engagement scoring is a large determinant in what these people get paid.  

In the climate nowadays, it would make more sense to get some of our norms back. One of those being universal condemnation of any political violence, at all. Was Todd calling for that? It doesn't seem like it, but it was irresponsible nonetheless.

One of the takeaways mentioned in the OP is normalization of violence. Regardless of the Todd thing, as a nation, let's not do that. For example, I'd like to see more outspoken condemnation of protesting at people's residences. As someone here mentioned, that's intimidation in the form of "we know where you live". That's not what anyone should be doing. 

[...]

In the climate nowadays, it would make more sense to get some of our norms back. One of those being universal condemnation of any political violence, at all. Was Todd calling for that? It doesn't seem like it, but it was irresponsible nonetheless.

One of the takeaways mentioned in the OP is normalization of violence. Regardless of the Todd thing, as a nation, let's not do that. For example, I'd like to see more outspoken condemnation of protesting at people's residences. As someone here mentioned, that's intimidation in the form of "we know where you live". That's not what anyone should be doing. 

No, of course not, Check Todd was not calling for political violence against members of POTUS and the OP with his high intellect should know that. Horrible Straw Man  

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking of insane… Aren’t you the one who made a JFK crack when those officers were killed in Dallas?

GordonGekko said:
The White House Communications Staff had the official transcript for Joe Biden's "End Of Quote. Repeat The Line" altered

do you have a link to that white house transcript that shows they edited it out ?

do you have a link to that white house transcript that shows they edited it out ?

Remarks by President Biden on Protecting Access to Reproductive Health Care Services

July 08, 2022  Speeches and Remarks

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/speeches-remarks/2022/07/08/remarks-by-president-biden-on-protecting-access-to-reproductive-health-care-services/

That wasn’t about the Constitution or the law.

It was about a deep, long-seething antipathy towards Roe and the broader right to privacy.  As the justices wrote in their dissent, and I quote, “The majority has overruled Roe and Casey for one and only one reason: because it has always despised them, and now it has the votes to discard them.”  End of quote.

One of the most extraordinary parts of the decision, in my view, is the majority writes, and I quote, “Women…” — it’s a quote now, from the majority — “Women are not without electoral or political power.  It is noteworthy that the percentage of women who registered to vote and cast a ballot is consistently higher than the percentage of the men who do so.”  End of quote.

Let me repeat the line:
“Women are not without electoral…” and/or political — “or” — let me be precise; not “and/or” — “…or political power.” 

That’s another way of saying that you, the women of America, can determine the outcome of this issue. 

( Simons is a current White House Assistant Press Secretary. She used to be one of Adam Schiff's "personal staff"  )

TWEET: Emilie Simons XX@XX EmilieSimons46

Replying to XX@XX greg_price11

No. He said, "let me repeat that line."

9:29 AM Jul 8, 2022

https://twitter.com/EmilieSimons46/status/1545444891609776128

Direct Headline: Biden frustrated with aides for walking back his statements, worries he looks weak: report

President Joe Biden is reportedly frustrated with his staff in the White House and their efforts to "rush to explain" something the president has said. 

"The so-called clean-up campaign, he has told advisers, undermines him and smothers the authenticity that fueled his rise. Worse, it feeds a Republican talking point that he’s not fully in command," NBC News reported Tuesday.

The White House has walked back several of the president's statements, including when Biden said that Russian President Vladimir Putin "cannot remain in power." ...The president was angry that his comments were being interpreted as unpredictable, according to the NBC report. White House spokesperson Andrew Bates pushed back on the NBC report.  ..."The breathlessness of paragraphs 1 & 2 versus the denial being relegated to graph 28 tells you what you need to know about this story. And as we've said before, no clarifications of the President's remarks are ever issued without his direct approval," he said in a statement.... "We don’t say anything that the president doesn’t want us to say," an official reportedly told the outlet in response to a question about clearing up the president's statements....

The White House has walked back and clarified a few statements the president has made, in addition to the one about Putin....Other Democrats are frustrated as well, according to NBC. Rep. Stephanie Murphy, D-Fla., said the White House has not been able to introduce an "intellectually honest" inflation plan....Biden also believes he isn't getting credit from the media or Americans on the economy, NBC reported. The president explained that he doesn't think the Republican Party is shouldering enough blame for lack of action in Congress. ..."The president has also told aides he doesn’t think enough Democrats go on television to defend him," the report said, adding that the fact that his poll numbers were lower than former President Donald Trump was a huge "sore spot."

Biden has gotten a lot of complaints from members of his own party, according to NBC, with one top Democratic donor telling the outlet that "all he's hearing is, ‘Why can’t you get anything done?'"...The president said on May 23 that the U.S. military would defend Taiwan "if it comes to that." A White House spokesperson told Fox News Digital at the time that the policy toward Taiwan has not changed. ..."As the president said, our policy has not changed," the spokesperson said. "He reiterated our One China policy and our commitment to peace and stability across the Taiwan Strait. He also reiterated our commitment under the Taiwan Relations Act to provide Taiwan with the military means to defend itself...." 

By Hanna Panreck May 31, 2022 9:54am EDT

https://www.foxnews.com/media/joe-biden-frustrated-white-house-aides-walking-back-statements-weak-report

VIDEO: 'The Five' react to Biden being furious at staff for walking back gaffes Jun 1, 2022

'The Five' panelists weigh in on reports that President Biden is reportedly frustrated over White House 'clean-ups' of his remarks and his dismal poll numbers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZs5dmVrQLI

So Biden said "End Of Quote" twice. Not once, but actually twice. He said "Repeat The Line" but then he didn't repeat anything. He said "And/Or" because the teleprompter gave him copy where he had the option to use one or the other, not both. Then he tried to walk that back himself. Probably because he was cued on his ear piece.

So it's not unusual for someone to make mistakes from a teleprompter. However the odds of making four of them, three in compression, is not normal for someone who has been in the public eye this long. In general mistakes are made because of when someone has a high volume in a short time frame and will be covering material that's outside their subject matter expertise. If Judge Pirro is covering a desk for another show at the last minute and not talking about the law, she's probably going to struggle at some point. No one is expected to have wide coverage of that much material and across that many topics without the support of a staff behind them.

I can do it because I'm significantly older than everyone else here and at most of the major news outlets. I also have the advantage of understanding what the MSM is trying to say and do from a viewer engagement, marketing, messaging standpoint.

The reasons why Biden can't be fed his lines via an earpiece are two fold. First, geriatrics usually are hard of hearing and have much slower response times. Second, try listening to a song where you don't know the lyrics with a set of headphones and singing it into a recorder. Now play it back. You'll actually hear a "drag" in the way it sounds.

Part of the issue here is Jacqui Heinrich could not go forward with a story by herself about Biden and his Communications team. She had to wait for NBC to break it to try to get informal confirmation on the ground level.  So why did NBC (and by extension Comcast) do it? Because essentially they are turning on Biden here. Comcast CEO Brian Roberts is an Obama loyalist and an open dark money bundler for Cool Guy President. When Biden gave David Cohen an ambassadorship (as a payoff for decades of fundraising for him), he lost the effective third in command at Comcast to stump for him. When Obama's hatchet man, David Axelrod is doing a press tour touting Gavin Newsom, the writing is on the wall. The push/pull here is elements of MSNBC want Stacey Abrams instead ( she's not as hard left as they want, but she's not a corporate cut out like Newsom)

The immediate threat point is that Biden has said things that could spiral into military conflict. The only saving grace is Xi and Putin have so little respect for Biden ( which means they respect America's foreign might even less), they will dismiss him as a babbling idiot.

The thing that no one can control is Biden's internal handlers deciding to push him to run again and announce it. Consider Susan Rice's position. If Newsom comes into the White House , then she's out and David Axelrod is in. If the GOP takes the White House, she's still out. Her best political pathway ( not for the country but for herself) is for Biden to stay in power. Jill Biden is in the same position. The other push/pull to Jill Biden is that Joe Biden in power creates protective cover for Hunter Biden. He might be an idiot crackhead, but he's still her son. Obama and Axelrod would gladly let Hunter Biden swing to make Joe Biden the "sin eater" for the disaster of this entire regime.

And if we are talking about political violence, here is the irony of it all. Joe Biden's chances to win reelection go up if Hunter Biden faced what Chuck Todd said on his show. And the entire Democratic Party chances to hold onto critical seats down the ticket would go up if Joe Biden faced what Chuck Todd said. Meaning Joe and Hunter Biden are actually in more danger from their own Party apparatus, the black bag elements of it, than Trump is from the same people.

I've said this before, it would not surprise me at this point if both Joe Biden and Donald Trump were assassinated in the next two years. Not because so many people despise them in the public, but because it's politically expedient for the corporate donor overlords.

Was just talking to a friend about this topic (not the insane rant) last night.   If Trump and Biden run, the best thing for the country is if they both either drop dead or have a debilitating illness that makes them withdraw.   Trump's obese and had some sort of undisclosed procedure at Walter Reed that is rumored to have been related to colon cancer.   Biden isn't holding up well and I can't imagine what he's going to be like in two more years.  I really think there should be a constitutional amendment that you can't take office past 70.

Interesting how you went from "bad joke on my part" to "I don't remember it," but okay. 
Really? I’ve told bad jokes before, I may have this time as well. Honestly don’t remember. Either way I don’t think it compares to the serious suggestion that the MSM and Democratic Party is hoping to normalize  assassinations of conservatives. I would hope you wouldn’t think me capable of such comments. 

If I set out to write a parody of someone taking a sentence completely out of context and trying to fashion it into a political attack, I couldn't come up with anything dumber than this thread. Anyone who actually falls for this crap should rethink their life choices
Dumb is charitable, imo. I surmise it has a more sinister purpose. 

Users who are viewing this thread