What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Need 1 replacement owner for Keeper League (1 Viewer)

Alberta Clipper

Footballguy
NACKL - is a 12 team Keeper League with annual $100 fees. The 2008 fees will be discounted to $80 for new franchises joining the league.

Hosted on mfl.com

Rules located RULES

2008 homepage on mfl located MFL homepage

Email or post any questions after reading the rules, etc.

The 2008 draft is going to be on SAT AUG 30.

The keeper rules are up to 4 players based on round drafted -2. i.e. First and 2nd rounders can not be kept each year.

This structure allows teams to quickly rebuild and contend even if they enter a year with no keepers.

The available franchise at this time is Squirrely (updated July 8).

JULY 14 - FILLED

Last edited by a moderator:
Avail Franchise - Squirrely

Player - Team - Pos - '08 Draft pick to keep (i.e. drafted 2 rounds later in '07)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Losman, J.P. BUF QB (Rd 9)

Addai, Joseph IND RB (Rd 1)

Foster, De'shaun CAR RB (Rd 4)

Branch, Deion SEA WR (Rd 3)

Cotchery, Jerricho NYJ WR (Rd 3)

Williams, Roydell TEN WR (Rd 12)

Olsen, Greg CHI TE (Rd 10)

Shockey, Jeremy NYG TE (Rd 2)

Patriots, New England NEP Def (Rd 6)

This franchise has pick#3

Solid league - reputable commissioner. Of course, you'll have to beat my team, which won't be easy.

This is a great time to join this league. You pay $80 and compete for full prizes in 2008.

Our keeper structure returns many of the top players to the draft each year it is easy to rebuild.

I know we will find replacement owners as the site picks up steam later in July but the league and myself would prefer to have ownership cleaned up now so we have 12 committed owners that all agree on the draft, etc.

As I've noted in PM and emails to a couple of you if you are invited to join the league you will secure ownership of your franchise once payment is received and cleared. In the case of paypal this is instant (unless you use echeck method then it can take a couple days). If you choose to mail a check that can take up to 10 business days to find me up in western Canada + the time to clear.

Keep posting or sending any questions. I've been a commish of multiple leagues for 7+ yrs and playing fantasy football for 10+ yrs.

Those interested in joining must provide their full name, short fantasy bio, email, phone contact number, etc. This info will be kept confidential and is only to help me find you. You can post as little or much as you want in your mfl.com franchise info section of the website. This info is only available to the other franchises when logged in and not everyone on the net.

JULY 6 update - Lots of looks and questions but still 2 open franchises. With this format there are teams that go in with zero keepers every year and do very well.

$80 gets you >100% payout for 2008 (regular entry fee $100). This is due to applying a keeper deposit that everyone put up in yr1 of this keeper league.

Hope to fill them soon so we can finalize the 2008 keeper & draft dates.

July 8 - Eggy is no logner available.

SQUIRRELY is the franchise I need a new owner for.

SQUIR has the choice of #3 pick overall this year OR KEEPING ADDAI in place of that pick - see other keeper options above (not much).

$80 gets you >100% payouts for 2008.

KEEPER DEADLINE is set for MON AUG 18

DRAFT is set for SAT AUG 30

July 12 - still looking to replace Squirrely franchise in Nackl.

Discounted fees, solid league, easy to rebuild (top 2 rds can't be protected each year).

I cleaned up and removed some earlier posts that listed more keeper information.

I now notice that there was some confusion about Squirrely keepers.

I've now edited the post above to help.

Addai can be kept in 2008 in lieu of the franchises 1.03 pick. He was pick 3.11 in 2007.

Users who are viewing this thread