What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Need a new dishwasher (2 Viewers)

If I put cups with concave bases in the dishwasher, there is a bit of water left in them after it dries. When I remove them, a bit of the water falls onto the items below. Do those sexy Bosch models have this problem?

We got the 800 series with the flush/inset handle and the hidden controls, mainly because the little guy loved to pull the door open on the old one...It is funny that the only time you hear it is when it's draining. My wife kept arguing with me that the drain sounded loud. Took me a while to convince her that it's not louder than the old one, it's just that with the old one you couldn't hear it over the dishwasher!

I got $115 for my old one. I was ready to throw it out/have the delivery guys take it, so I put it on Craigslist for a few days and somebody wanted it.

If I put cups with concave bases in the dishwasher, there is a bit of water left in them after it dries. When I remove them, a bit of the water falls onto the items below. Do those sexy Bosch models have this problem?
You mean the problem of you unloading from the top rack down instead of the bottom rack up? :P

I think all dishwashers have this problem if you have too large of a concave surface...You can only evaporate so much water...

You mean the problem of you unloading from the top rack down instead of the bottom rack up? :P

I think all dishwashers have this problem if you have too large of a concave surface...You can only evaporate so much water...
Bingo! I will try this, and will remove the silverware container first also.

:lol:

Fun seeing folks having the same reaction I did as to how damn quiet the Bosch is when running. It was almost "um... is it working?"

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol:

Fun seeing folks having the same reaction I did as to how damn quiet the Bosch is when running. It was almost "um... is it working?"
I was literally on my hands and knees with my ear pressed up against it. Admittedly I'm REALLY hard of hearing, but my wife couldn't tell either. I actually shut the water off and on real quick to see if I could hear a difference to know it was getting in since I had just re-done the water shut-off valve. Pretty amazing.

Really the only regret we have is that ours doesn't have any indicator of if its running or not. Should have got the one with the light that shines on the floor (though this has only been an issue a few times as we usually run it a night).

Kinda shocked... it's not often that the FFA has universal praise for a product. Then again, I guess it's hard to find much wrong with a very nice looking dishwasher that cleans the #### out of your dishes so quietly you can hardly tell it's working. :lol:

did you all get the same model?

im looking for a new washer and was told bosch is one of the leaders. someone said having stainless steel on the inside is crucial also the third rack. I have a $500 visa gift card that was given to me for the washer so I figured id be shopping in the 800 range.. seems a bit high now that im browsing online

I just got the "base model" 50db Ascenta and it still kicks ###. Just two of us so no need for a 3rd rack or anything.

Ended up somewhere around $400 all said and done, thanks to an array of discounts and a "late shipment" kickback.

eco cycle, which decreases energy usage by lowering temperature and cycle length; worth an extra $99?

seems to be the only difference between the 800 and 500

any of you guys use a Miele?

for some reason, that's what all my clients always want (like having a Sub Zero, Wolf, etc)... so I spec them, but I'm never around them when in use. I'm a fan of the Bosch as well- only because I was told years ago it was the same innards as the Miele, but less expensive.

I'm not a fan of the bottom of the line GE we have in our place. Can't hear ourselves talk two rooms over when that thing is running.

I'm not a fan of the bottom of the line GE we have in our place. Can't hear ourselves talk two rooms over when that thing is running.
Our old Contractor grade GE was like that as well. Was very annoying when trying to watch a movie in living room (one room over with large open walkway between the two spaces). That is no longer an issue.

I love mine as well - I got this 1 over 2 years ago. Bought at a local place and free delivery so $810 after tax. (also had a $50 rebate I am not including)

Bosch 800 Series 44-Decibel Built-In Dishwasher (Black) (Common: 24-in; Actual: 23.625-in) ENERGY STARItem #: 498086 | Model #: SHX68T56UC

My Bosch is crushing it for us too. If it wasn't for the light, I would only know when it was running if it shifted cycles while I was next to it.

Our old Contractor grade GE was like that as well. Was very annoying when trying to watch a movie in living room (one room over with large open walkway between the two spaces). That is no longer an issue.
My builder grade GE crapped out on me a week or so ago. I was gonna get one of the Bosch's mentioned here, but I live by myself and run the thing maybe twice a week. They had a Samsung (DW80J3020 model) on clearance. It is black and was a floor model. I got it for $329 (listed at $449, IIRC), plus $100-and-something installation & getting rig of the old one. This is a 50 decibel, but I can not hear it running unless I'm right next to it and the house is quiet. It's only got the basic controls.

Just mentioning it here in case someone wants to go a less expensive route. 50 decibels if freaking quiet, man, especially if you're used to old style.

any of you guys use a Miele?

for some reason, that's what all my clients always want (like having a Sub Zero, Wolf, etc)... so I spec them, but I'm never around them when in use. I'm a fan of the Bosch as well- only because I was told years ago it was the same innards as the Miele, but less expensive.

When we replace our current dishwasher, it will be with a Miele. We had a Bosch years ago and didn't really like it but it sounds like they've improved.

I have the GE Cafe series and love it. It's similarly inaudible and does a great job. And it DOES have a light indicator in front to let you know when it's running because otherwise you can't tell.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was about to buy a kenmore (likely elite) to replace our builder grade ~5 year old extremely basic and loud Kenmore on black friday this past year. Is Bosch really that much better?

I have the GE Cafe series and love it. It's similarly inaudible and does a great job. And it DOES have a light indicator in front to let you know when it's running because otherwise you can't tell.
Yeah, the Samsung I got also has lights on it

Does the Bosch still have the removal food filter that needs to be cleaned regularly?  We bought an Electrolux (Frigidaire) about 5 years ago with a remodel and it was excellent (extremely quiet and great cleaning). Now in our new home we have a GE profile that is very quiet but only average in cleaning.

Does the Bosch still have the removal food filter that needs to be cleaned regularly?  We bought an Electrolux (Frigidaire) about 5 years ago with a remodel and it was excellent (extremely quiet and great cleaning). Now in our new home we have a GE profile that is very quiet but only average in cleaning.
Mine does. However, it is a few years old now.

If you get a smell from your dishwasher, put some 20 Mule Borax in when you run it.  This worked great for us.  The smell has to do with hard water...the Bosch doesn't get plastics that dry but does great for everything else.

The only downside.....I'm a magician when loading my current dishwasher, I know where everything fits.  Going to have to learn a whole new layout now

AC05 said:
Is the Eco wash the only difference between the 500 and 800? Anybody use that?
i was comparing the two and that looks to be the only difference.  that and $99

Users who are viewing this thread