What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Need to pick 3 keepers (1 Viewer)

PurdueBrad

Footballguy
Hey all,

Our league allows 3 keepers, each one is a cost of where they were drafted the previous year (or, for instance, it builds year-to-year as you'll see with my Mark Andrews pick who I drafted his rookie year). Here are my choices but, to let you into my psyche, the Jets' draft and the Dolphin's trade for Tyreek Hill have concerned me a bit on a few of these options. We are 1 point p/catch, 1 point p/20 yards receiving and 1 point p/10 rushing yards.

Dak Prescott for a 9th round pick

Michael Carter for a 10th round pick

Ceedee Lamb for a 4th round pick

Jaylen Waddle for a 6th round pick

Elijah Moore for a 10th round pick

Gabe Davis for a 10th round pick

Mark Andrews for an 8th round pick

Which 3 would you keep? My inclination is Dak, Andrews and Lamb but am really open to other ideas.

How many teams in the league? I assume this is a 1 QB league? I would need a pretty astounding deal to keep a QB. Dak is good and well worth the 9th, but "d prefer other options. 

Ceedee Lamb for a 4th round pick

Jaylen Waddle for a 6th round pick

Mark Andrews for an 8th round pick

Thanks Cjw, yes, it is a 1 QB, 12 team league. What you laid out was my initial lean and then I got gun shy with the Tyreek Hill trade and then frankly got a bit enamored with the cheap cost of either Jet. What you laid out looks pretty strong to me. I definitely appreciate it.

Also, from a Pens fan, good luck to your Wild in the playoffs!

How many people keep QB's?  If they are hot commodities (they shouldn't be in a 1 QB league) and you won't have much to pick from then you can think about Dak but I still probably wouldn't.  

Typically in this few keeper situation I usually care more about the quality of the people I am keeping rather than the "value".   If it's a must play a TE or TE premium league then Andrews is an easy choice.  If you don't have to play a TE then I probably don't keep him.  Lamb is a for sure keep so then it comes down to Davis, Waddle, and Moore for the last spot.   They are all in a very similar situation as a second WR on their own team.  It really is a coin flip for me so then I look at the value.  Based on that I would likely lean towards Moore/Davis.  With that I might actually take the plunge and go with Davis since he has the best QB.   

Gally, thank you as well. About half our teams keep QBs (something I prefer not to do) so there is depth available. And we do have a dedicated TE spot. Really, I just need to get out of my head that Lamb "costs" a 4th round pick when, in essence, he's likely a 2nd rounder after keepers.

Your take on Davis is one I hadn't considered. He definitely has the best QB of the bunch and I think he really became a weapon when it mattered last year. Thanks!

So I am Ceedee and Andrews for sure and then somewhere between Davis and Waddle.

Agree with Lamb/Andrews. I've not looked at any redraft rankings/ADP yet but I can't think that Dak is bad there. All depends on who you think would be available at QB at that point. It's either Dak or Waddle for me

Users who are viewing this thread