What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Neighborhood kids shoveling your driveway (1 Viewer)

Unless you're over the age of 70, shovel your own driveway (and your elderly neighbors too).

Buncha lazysombiches
it is good exercise, but too hard on the back.. screw that.

if you have a snow blower then i agree
If it's too hard on your back, then your back is too weak. What did your father and his father do (before children)?
My father made a weak attempt to start up the snow blower and curse the thing for an hour and complain about the cheapest possible snow blower brand not starting. Then he'd recruit the kids to help shovel and we had to use a dirt spade to shovel while trying not to pick up too much of the gravel on the gravel driveway. After we were done and our frostbitten hands regained some nimbleness, we had hot chocolate. Not Swiss Miss of course; 'homemade' hot chocolate with chunks of powdered milk that we could pretend were marshmallows.

Oh yeah, shoveling snow while busting your back just cause the cavemen did it is downright stupid.

Unless you're over the age of 70, shovel your own driveway (and your elderly neighbors too).

Buncha lazysombiches

If it's too hard on your back, then your back is too weak. What did your father and his father do (before children)?
My father made a weak attempt to start up the snow blower and curse the thing for an hour and complain about the cheapest possible snow blower brand not starting. Then he'd recruit the kids to help shovel and we had to use a dirt spade to shovel while trying not to pick up too much of the gravel on the gravel driveway. After we were done and our frostbitten hands regained some nimbleness, we had hot chocolate. Not Swiss Miss of course; 'homemade' hot chocolate with chunks of powdered milk that we could pretend were marshmallows.

Oh yeah, shoveling snow while busting your back just cause the cavemen did it is downright stupid.
If you did some regular strength training (which every middle-aged guy should be doing for overall wellness) then shoveling snow would not bust your back.

Buncha lazysombiches

My father had a Troy-built snowblower/rototiller/brushhog combo that we had to convert from brushhog mode to snow blower every autumn and then reconvert to rototiller in the spring. Then in the summer it would go back to brush hog until the next fall when the cycle repeated.

Damn thing did a decent job blowing snow (two stage), but was a giant PITA to put together each fall, and while the engine was a decent Briggs & Stratton, the choke was kind of finiky when it was cold....

Users who are viewing this thread