What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Netflix/India (1 Viewer)

ZenoRazon

Footballguy
Was really into movies back when Netflix first started out, but after watching everything I wanted to see we let it go.  Tried to catch up on all those books I needed to read.

Well about a week ago, my wife brought it back, some get a free month deal (as if it's all that expensive to begin with). Last night I got into it again, what is with all those movies from India?  And I did give one a shot, here a baby is rescued from a river (mom holding it high) he grows up to be strong.......

Bailed after about 20 minutes.

Has anyone seen these movies, there does appear to have some epic tale being told with so many having the same actors..  While some others just twek my curiousity.

Worth another try and if a tale is being told then I;d want to watch them in some order.

Anyone know anything about this?

The Indian film industry produces over 1000 films per year.  Netflix and Amazon are hungry for content so some of them find a home on streaming services in this country.

I've watched some Bollywood and find them kind of a mixed bag.  They can be entertaining and provide a view into a different culture.  On the other hand, they tend to run long and are often ridiculous.

Delhi Belly is pretty accessible to Western audiences.   It's a puerile action comedy that's kind of similar to the Hangover.

I've had Sacred Games in my queue forever but I can't seem to find 6-8 hours to commit to it.

as really into movies back when Netflix first started out, but after watching everything I wanted to see we let it go.  Tried to catch up on all those books I needed to read.

Well about a week ago, my wife brought it back, some get a free month deal (as if it's all that expensive to begin with). Last night I got into it again, what is with all those movies from India?  And I did give one a shot, here a baby is rescued from a river (mom holding it high) he grows up to be strong.......

Has anyone seen these movies, there does appear to have some epic tale being told with so many having the same actors..  While some others just twek my curiousity.

Worth another try and if a tale is being told then I;d want to watch them in some order.

yeah what your wife got is a free month deal and it lets you watch netflix for a month for free take that to the bank bromigo

The Indian film industry produces over 1000 films per year.  Netflix and Amazon are hungry for content so some of them find a home on streaming services in this country.

I've watched some Bollywood and find them kind of a mixed bag.  They can be entertaining and provide a view into a different culture.  On the other hand, they tend to run long and are often ridiculous.

Delhi Belly is pretty accessible to Western audiences.   It's a puerile action comedy that's kind of similar to the Hangover.

I've had Sacred Games in my queue forever but I can't seem to find 6-8 hours to commit to it.
Delhi Betty, ok , give a shot.

Sacred Games, hmmm? 

I feel a bit cheated paying for my DISH  TV with all those Spanish speaking stations there, you'd think you'd have some option, or is there and I don't know about it?

There are a TON of those India movies on Netflix, would prefer something else if I had a choice.  Should have a choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was really into movies back when Netflix first started out, but after watching everything I wanted to see we let it go.  Tried to catch up on all those books I needed to read.

Your wife is having an affair with some dude from India. Sorry

I feel a bit cheated paying for my DISH  TV with all those Spanish speaking stations there, you'd think you'd have some option, or is there and I don't know about it?

There are a TON of those India movies on Netflix, would prefer something else if I had a choice.  Should have a choice.
There are non-Bollywood pictures on Netflix :shrug:

You just realized now that other countries produce movies, and **gasp**, they speak their native language in them? 

You just realized now that other countries produce movies, and **gasp**, they speak their native language in them? 
Where did you get that silliness at? Have seen a TON of Japanese movies, a lot of those old German flicks, Italian musclemen flicks, one of my fav movies of all time is this one.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOrBlrecnA0

Russian made.

The Roadwarrior was Aussie made.

Can't believe you said that.

Just don't get why so many India made movies are on Netflix.

Hell, another fav of mine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFa1-kciCb4

Love Sergio Leoni

Would you believe the most expensive India movie ever is being filmed in Alabama?

And, it's called.....Zeno.

Users who are viewing this thread