What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

New Cartoon (1 Viewer)

These are dated 5/10/05? Is "Whine and Cheese" a month old? I haven't watched it yet.

Ok I love Bang but how can you have a cartoon on your site with language like that and then filter the board. It's a double standard.

Ok I love Bang but how can you have a cartoon on your site with language like that and then filter the board. It's a double standard.
I agree.

I agree as well. For Bang, we make the exception. Living in a world absolutes is not for me. However, I can't speak for Joe and David.

Well, it does say that the site claims no responsibility to me or my views on the cartoon page.Maybe the difference is they know how far I'll take it, whereas thousands of people on here every day is harder to manage.~Bang

Last edited by a moderator:
Almost fell out of my chair when the duck came on.It makes perfect sense to filter the board and not the cartoon. I'm sure there are people on the board that don't like the cartoons, but like the board to be free from profanity. Why would the owners want to force part of their customer base off the boards? I really can't see how the 2 are really related.

I really can't see how the 2 are really related.
Thanks Lucky.You're right. The boards are totally separate from the FBG website. Always have been and likely always will be. We keep a pretty tight guideline on what flies here. It works for us.

In other words the boards are the boards. (cue the speech music) Guys know the rules and if they're ok with them, enjoy the forums. If they're not ok with them, find a board they like. It's not very complicated.

J

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........I have never once cracked so much as a smile at one of those, and $200 per cartoon could be better invested elsewhere.

Congrats to those of you #####ing about the double standard. FYI...My kid still believes in Santa, why don't you get to work on banning him because fat people are offended.

Ok, I was warned because "kids" may visit these boards. May they not also visit the site? It is a double standard. Bang still exists and I still greatly appreciate his work but you can't have it both ways. If I'm an ### for that so be it. Ironicly enough I am for getting rid of censorship on the board.

I agree. G</span>D<span style='font-family:Arial'>B the whiny vocal minority.
i frequent this board because of the strict guidlines that fbg's keeps in place, but cool your jets on the "it's all about the kids" crap. they're on the internet and you're worried about what they might find linked here? to say that is laughable is an understatement. another whiny tool win... :rant:

Interesting.I suspect there will be a lot of controversy over the sudden dropping of the BANG! cartoons. I'd be interested to know the decisionmaking process that went on during the 1 1/2 hours between Joe's post and David's.Personally, I enjoyed the cartoons, looked forward to them, and will miss them. The humor was clearly of an 'adult' nature though, and if a wholesomeness standard is something FBG wants to maintain, I can't disagree with it. I know that if I were a mother walking into my 15 year old son's room and heard 'hershey highway' (in the latest cartoon) kinds of comments coming from his fantasy football site, I'd not be very pleased. No chance of toning down some of the cartoons for PG-rated FBG inclusion? I understand wanting artistic freedom, but it might be worth it to tone things down some so we could continue to enjoy John Tayman's toons and so that John could continue to get this kind of exposure.

Great cartoon. :-)I agree with the admin about the language, though...boards should follow a different standard.

I agree as well. For Bang, we make the exception. Living in a world absolutes is not for me. However, I can't speak for Joe and David.
Only sith deal in absolutes

Qbi-Wan Star Wars Ep.III
sorry, I just had to smoo this one :ph34r:

Ok, I was warned because "kids" may visit these boards. May they not also visit the site? It is a double standard. Bang still exists and I still greatly appreciate his work but you can't have it both ways. If I'm an ### for that so be it. Ironicly enough I am for getting rid of censorship on the board.
And while we're talking about getting rid of things, why don't you get rid of that idiotic sig line of yours? I thought Joe put a limit on sig line length anyway.

Sometimes people complain just for the sake of complaining, or be a contrarian just to get attention. STOP IT! I thought the cartoons were okay, perhaps a PG-13 warning on the link would be an acceptable solution? :thumbup:

People are #####ing about THAT? No profanity, one veiled sexual reference...maybe someone was upset of the use of the word homosexual? You can type plenty of words that don't get caught in the language filter here that were in the BANG! cartoon."########""hershey highway""you're a whiny tool"

But it's ok to have threads with half naked women showing off their boobs and ###.

Sometimes people complain just for the sake of complaining, or be a contrarian just to get attention.

STOP IT!

I thought the cartoons were okay, perhaps a PG-13 warning on the link would be an acceptable solution? :thumbup:
I agree. Perhaps you can make them available only to subscribers, with an age check and a warning when people try to access them?

But it's ok to have threads with half naked women showing off their boobs and ###.
:pindrop:

Thanks for the funny stuff, Tayman. You'll be missed. We'll still check you out on the other board. :thumbup:

People are #####ing about THAT? No profanity, one veiled sexual reference...maybe someone was upset of the use of the word homosexual?

You can type plenty of words that don't get caught in the language filter here that were in the BANG! cartoon.

"########"

"hershey highway"

"you're a whiny tool"
I like John's work and thought it was a nice contribution to the site. I looked forward to the new ones. The original "Chosen One" piece was truly hillarious. I found some of them to be funnier than others, and this last one didn't really do much for me, but that's life.I have no idea whether there is any truth to the $200 figure, but from a coding perspective and the amount of time putting together a piece like that would take, $200 is a nothing. It might look easy, but I can assure you it isn't having done some flash work in my day.

I also wonder why a warning wouldn't be sufficient as others have mentioned. It is pretty mild stuff overall, and what I'm guessing to be the objectional reference is really targeting homoPHOBEs rather than homosexuals.

I'm disappointed in the removal of the Bang! cartoons from the site. I look forward to these and hope that we could be notified of new cartoons as they are posted.

If I'm an ### for that so be it. Ironicly enough I am for getting rid of censorship on the board.
There's no "If" needed in that sentence. If you are so offended, don't view them or leave. Thanks for crapping on it for the rest of us. :rant:

Whoever suggested we get rid of Bang from these boards needs to grow a pair. Seriously. You guys are weak and I say that w/ the deepest conviction. Liberals. I swear.

how can someone be against censorship and then whine about this? Isn't that the true double standard?

You can't make sense of the way this board is moderated...don't try to apply logic...cause it just won't work.Let it go...it's Joe's house...and he's going to run it his way...deal with it.

But I will toss my .02 cents in and say that it's pretty lame of Joe to pull the Bang cartoons. I've never thought they were funny and found it odd that they got picked up by this site in the first place instead of just letting someone post them in the forums like we do everything else. But to give in to the squeaky wheel...ugh....how many times has people nagged about stuff (funny that this particular bang was about whiners)...but I digress...how many times has people nagged about stuff and nothing ever changed? Only to be met with "that's just they way I'm going to run the boards...don't like it...find one that will make you happy." Why support this one particular issue over so many others? Lame.

And whether you like it or not...the guy did have a halfway decent although futile point. The inconsistencies on this board are glaring and overwhelming at times. I think that was his point...but Joe went off the deep end and pulled them. Yay...hooray for taking your ball and going home.

Your sig has more offensive terminology in it than things I've heard in a Bang cartoon.I think you should change it.

Users who are viewing this thread