What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

New CBA may be invalid (1 Viewer)

Russell Okung files complaint against the NFLPA with the National Labor Relations Board-

Soon-to-be Carolina Panthers offensive tackle Russell Okung has accused the National Football League Players Association of negotiating the proposed CBA in bad faith, taking the step of filing an unfair labor practice charge with the National Labor Relations Board Monday.

Link

So the NFLPA approves an extension for the vote but doesn’t approve a request for players who have already voted to be able to change their votes 

Pretty easy to see why Okung thinks the NFLPA leadership is operating in bad faith. By their own rules, the CBA did not have the required approval to be sent to the players but it was pushed anyway. Now all this extra time but no flexibility on changing votes, seems awful like they are not looking out for player interests

The voting window has closed so now we wait for the results. 

Link

I have looked to try and find something that might tell how long it may be before we hear any results but have been unable to find anything. 

So are we good to go on free agency now or is that going to be delayed for the virus?

We need something going on right now!

So are we good to go on free agency now or is that going to be delayed for the virus?
No, setting up meetings and holding pre-signing physicals would be  irresponsible at this time, especially in this PR-sensitive age of the NFL.

We need something going on right now!
Go##### it, you're ####### right!!!! I change my mind -- someone make this happen pronto!!!!                       

Schefter reported it passed 1019-959. I’m surprised it was that close. 
It was so close, only 60 votes difference, if only 1 player on each team had voted no instead of yes, this contract would have been rejected.  Gotta be some bad feelings in some of the locker rooms over this.

NFL's CBA drama may not be over with new invalidation

”Turns out the collective bargaining agreement saga of a few weeks ago may have something of an epilogue.

Safety Eric Reid, who was released by the Carolina Panthers two weeks ago, has enlisted a legal team to request an total invalidation of the new labor deal. A letter drafted by Reid’s lawyers and sent to the players’ union claims that the version proposed to players on March 5 includes language that differs from the final version, dated March 15. Reid and his attorneys are seeking a new vote on the CBA as well as an independent investigation looking into the document’s alterations.”

Last edited by a moderator:
It certainly isnt a good look right now but there’s probably a chance that it was just screw up with the drafts of the agreement.  
Could be and I’m sure whether that’s the case or not that’s what the NFL will be claiming. Also if it was a screw up or not I would suspect either way it would call for a revote since the new contract has stuff in it that wasn’t in the one they voted on. Who knows it may still pass either way but like I said I would expect a revote if it is proven they are different. 

Have they officially announced how they will select a team's 16th opponent?  Will it just be the same place finisher in the other division within the conference?  Currently 2 games are same place finisher in 2 of the 3 other divisions WITHIN your conference... So am assuming they'll just include the other one?

EDIT: Actually that wouldn't work as you're already playing EVERY team in that 3rd division within your conference.

Theyre going to have to go to a 'same place finisher' in a rotating OPPOSITE conference division each year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread