What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***New England at Miami*** (-3.5) (46) (1 Viewer)

Ministry of Pain

Footballguy
Good Morning/Afternoon and Happy Kickoff Sunday wherever you may be today.

It would be great if others for the 1:00 games especially fans of the teams, maybe you can start a similar game thread but I'll fill in if nobody jumps in.

-I am expecting big things from the Miami Dolphins today.
-Got my son with me all day, we did a draft for just the 1:00 games and then we did a Superflex for the late games today.
Life doesn't get much better than opening day for the NFL.

Good Luck all of you

Final Score: Miami 27...New England 21

It actually could be low scoring if both defenses show up but I feel like the heat will create some big plays both sides fo the ball.

No idea what to expect from the Pats today...not a clue.
Agreed. I have Tua and Mac Jones stacks in DFS as I have no idea.

Long term @Miami trend plus Tyreek Hill plus Pats uncertainty could easily lead to a lopsided game, but by the same token I could see Tue ####ing the bed as well.

I don't mind getting blown out as long as its not a 12-9 snoozefest.

No idea what to expect from the Pats today...not a clue.
Agreed. I have Tua and Mac Jones stacks in DFS as I have no idea.

Long term @Miami trend plus Tyreek Hill plus Pats uncertainty could easily lead to a lopsided game, but by the same token I could see Tue ####ing the bed as well.

I don't mind getting blown out as long as its not a 12-9 snoozefest.

The only thing I am certain of is there will be a lot to talk about on Talk Radio tomorrow...the knives are out for BB with how this offseason has gone...but now it becomes real...will be interesting.

Temps in low 90s, feels like 102 at game time. Small chance of a thunderstorm, although most are expected to be further inland.

There are many interesting stories. McDaniel vs BB. 3 consecutive losses to Miami, will it become 4? Can Tua elevate his game in year 3 and will Mac continue to be the best QB from the 2021 class? Miami will likely be missing 2 of their best 4 DBs, hopefully Noah isn't starting at CB, otherwise big advantage for NE. Miami's pass rush was good last year due to blitzing, but will a deep group at DL and edge be enough this year?

With an improved oline and one of the better WR groups in the NFL, the big story for Miami fans will be Tua.

The Miami Hurricanes played on the real grass field yesterday afternoon. Hopefully, it's in good shape for today's game.

Noah, Ezukanma, Flowers are healthy scratches. Noah is toast. Ezukanma is the future, 2023, but Cracraft plays special teams. Miami is deep at edge, hopefully Phillips takes the next step.

A lot of excitement in Miami over everyone except the qb.
A lot of unknowns in New England with everyone except the qb.
All due respect to Darth Bill,I think the Phins will be "more ready" for this one.

Miami- 26
New England- 13

Noah, Ezukanma, Flowers are healthy scratches. Noah is toast. Ezukanma is the future, 2023, but Cracraft plays special teams. Miami is deep at edge, hopefully Phillips takes the next step.
Cracraft being elevated foretold EZE being scratched.
Flowers a bit shrouding
Noah is interesting

First 2 telling in terms of game planning

Jones put too much air under nearly every pass on that drive, and he paid for it there. Great play by the defense, but that ball took too long to arrive at its target.

Just about to rip the Defense for allowing them to drive down the field.

Looked like the WR/DB were tangled up pretty good, could have been a flag.

Ball was tipped and Holland grabbed it and ran out of the end zone to about the 25-30 yd line.

Big play for Miami

Coach BB blinks on 4th and 1, calls timeout

Miami worked the ball to midfield, even a punt should pin the Pats deep in their own territory.

Wish they could generate some points off the turnover but don't think that will be the only one today.

New England RBs looked great on their 1st Drive, both of them

Tua holds the ball way too long knowing he had a lot of pressure and fumbles the ball, Connor falls on it saving a FG opportunity...I saw this last season

Just saying

Miami 3-0
43 yds, Sanders

Jones put too much air under nearly every pass on that drive, and he paid for it there. Great play by the defense, but that ball took too long to arrive at its target.
Parket
Pretty obvious PI on that INT
I saw Parker push X, and X grab Parker. Good non-call IMO.
IMO, hand fighting back and forth happens on every play. Grabbing an arm, not letting go, and forcing a receiver to only have one arm available = PI.

Pats look ok so far...not sure why they are running Montgomery on 2nd and long at mid-field.
He’s their passing down back. Would have made more sense if they threw it to him instead. Clearly they thought they could get the sack yardage back. I’m guessing they were concerned about Mac getting sacked again.

Mostert in the back field, Smythe was the TE in motion on the play.
Have not seen Gesicki much thus far

Franchise Tag-TE, paying dividends.

Brandon Jones runs in and strips Mac, Ingram from KC picks up and runs it in for a TD

Just beautiful since we aren't scoring at will right now.

Much like NE owned this division for a long time because they had Brady and the rest of the division had awful QBs, Buffalo is going to own this division if this is the best QBing the other teams can come up with.

Much like NE owned this division for a long time because they had Brady and the rest of the division had awful QBs, Buffalo is going to own this division if this is the best QBing the other teams can come up with.
You're probably right. But note that Tua has been under lots of pressure so far.

They were talking about this the other day on call in radio. Who was the second best QB in the AFCE when Brady was in NE? There aren’t even any good candidates to pick from.

Much like the Bills, the Pats often had a very good defense. Solid defense and a QB that doesn't turn it over is like 75% of winning.

Users who are viewing this thread