What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***New England at Miami*** (-3.5) (46) (2 Viewers)

Much like NE owned this division for a long time because they had Brady and the rest of the division had awful QBs, Buffalo is going to own this division if this is the best QBing the other teams can come up with.
They were talking about this the other day on call in radio. Who was the second best QB in the AFCE when Brady was in NE? There aren’t even any good candidates to pick from.
Chad Pennington.

Much like NE owned this division for a long time because they had Brady and the rest of the division had awful QBs, Buffalo is going to own this division if this is the best QBing the other teams can come up with.
They were talking about this the other day on call in radio. Who was the second best QB in the AFCE when Brady was in NE? There aren’t even any good candidates to pick from.
Wasn’t there long, but it was 100% Brett Favre IMO.

Only other ones that were decent were Bledsoe for the Bills for a hot minute and Ryan Fitzpatrick in spurts for Buffalo.

Chad Pennington.
Geez, yeah, he may have been one of the better ones as well.

Chad Pennington.
Geez, yeah, he may have been one of the better ones as well.

Pre-injury he was pretty solid...he was the QB when the Jets won the division in 2002.

Chad Pennington.
The Jets went 32-29 with Pennington. If that’s the second best QB the division could offer, it’s no wonder NE went on a lengthy run.

Durham Smythe is definitely the starter or more involved(snap count) today

Gesicki is now an easy trade target for almost any team. If they won't play him on Sunday then they will trade him for a 4th or 5th at this point to relieve them of the franchise tag salary.

This is not surprising from the camp reports but most of us thought Gesicki would still see a significant snap count until he finds a new home...NOPE!

Mike McDrip!
When is the last time Miami was taking a 17-0 lead into Halftime?

Week 1 of the season? Honestly, I know Tua was slow moving things but it's 17-0!

Fitting score on the 50th Anniversary...

Not sure how good New England is after watching this 1st Half unfold...

Hope Miami comes out even more charged in the 2nd

Mike McDrip!

Week 1 of the season? Honestly, I know Tua was slow moving things but it's 17-0!

Not sure how good new England is, honestly after watching this 1st Half unfold...

Miami has played decently, but yeah, I think NE may be an awful team on both sides of the ball this year.

I still don’t think Tua is very good, but Hill and Waddle can help a mediocre QB look pretty good, especially against a bad secondary.

Mike McDrip!

Not sure how good New England is after watching this 1st Half unfold...

The Pats are a below average team without many playmakers...in a loaded AFC I don't see them being relevant.

Mike McDrip!

Not sure how good new England is, honestly after watching this 1st Half unfold...

Miami has played decently, but yeah, I think NE may be an awful team on both sides of the ball this year.

I still don’t think Tua is very good, but Hill and Waddle can help a mediocre QB look pretty good, especially against a bad secondary.
Hey GD,

I didn't want to bite at you when you first posted. I know Buffalo had a free pass today since you all played Thursday. I think it's natural you want to see what Miami is bringing to the table and you're astute to key in on Tua, don't think he has been particularly sharp and Hill saved a sure fire interception.

Appreciate your POV, I have rose colored glasses on mostly today...17-0 halftime, Miami -New England? What planet am I on? :lol:

Mike McDrip!

Hey GD,

I didn't want to bite at you when you first posted. I know Buffalo had a free pass today since you all played Thursday. I think it's natural you want to see what Miami is bringing to the table and you're astute to key in on Tua, don't think he has been particularly sharp and Hill saved a sure fire interception.

Appreciate your POV, I have rose colored glasses on mostly today...17-0 halftime, Miami -New England? What planet am I on? :lol:
No worries, my views of fellow AFCE teams is absolutely biased too, lol. No question in my mind that Hill and Waddle are both special players and create a problem for any defense in the league.

What do analytics say on that that 4th and 7? Don't convert, and NE has a chance for FG.
Not really. NE had no time outs and would have had the ball at their own 42 with 20 seconds to go. I guess they had a slim chance to get 25 yards and still get a FG attempt. But very unlikely.

Ty Monty must have made a few folks happy this afternoon

Long drive, New England cuts it to 10...
Pressure on Miami Offense to string along a drive after watching their Defense take the field for over 8 minutes in the 2nd half

Miami 3 n out...

New England 8 minute drive...Touchdown

Miami long drive rest of the 3rd Q and manage a FG

20-7 Miami takes a 2 TD lead into the 4th Q

Users who are viewing this thread