What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** NEW ENGLAND v OAKLAND - GAME THREAD *** (1 Viewer)

[icon]

Insoxicated
Opening night..... might as well get the game thread off the ground early...

New England hasn't lost at home since December 22, 2002.

Oakland has revamped their Offense and is looking for first blood

I personally think the line of +7.5 is inflated but think the O/U of 50pts is pretty sharp.... this will NOT be a snoozer.

As many of you know, I'm a lifer Pats homer so it should be no surprise I think New England holds control of the game and walks away with a win here.... but it will be close.

NEP 27

OAK 23

:banned: :banned: :banned: :banned: :banned:

FBG Game Predictor says:

NEP - 29

OAK - 21

Note: FBG Game Predictor has never had a losing season against the spread

Sign Up For FBG's Premium Content Here For Access to the Game Predictor and tons of other weekly content >

Last edited by a moderator:
Is Porter starting ??
No Definitive word yet:Some basic (not very helpful) snips from rotowire/fanball/etc

Sep 8 Raiders head coach Norv Turner told the San Francisco Chronicle that wide receiver Jerry Porter will be a game-time decision on Thursday night against the Patriots due to his injured hamstring.

Views: While we expect Porter to give it a go, you must have a healthier option with a better matchup. Leave Porter on the pine.

---

Sep 8 Coach Norv Turner said a decision on Porter's (hamstring) status Thursday night against the Patriots won't be determined until game-time, the San Francisco Chronicle reports.

Recommendation: If you were looking for another reason to not play Porter, who is listed as questionable on the injury report, the dreaded game-time decision could do it for you. Expect Ronald Curry, Alvis Whitted and Johnnie Morant to see extended playing time in the event Porter is not active.

----

Sep 8 The Raiders will not determine Porter's availability for Thursday's season opener against the New England Patriots until they see how he looks just prior to the game, according to head coach Norv Turner. The receiver has been limited for nearly a month by a nagging hamstring injury, which forced him to miss the team's preseason slate.

Advice: Earlier this week, Porter vowed to be in the starting lineup, so expect him to play. However, exactly how much he will be involved is yet to be determined. Ronald Curry and Alvis Whitted will have to fill in if Porter is limited or cannot go at all. Porter had 64 catches for 998 yards and nine touchdowns in 16 games a year ago

NEW ENGLAND 31 - OAKLAND 17BRADY 18 of 26 226 YDS 2 TDS :D DILLON 115 RUSHING 1 TD ;) VANITERI 1/1 43 YARDER ;) R. HARRISON FUMBLE RECOVERY 1TD :excited: COLLINS 22 of 30 290 YDS 1 TD 2 INT MOSS 7/90 1TDJORDAN 65 RUSHING 25 RECIEVING 1 RUSHING TDJANAKOWSKI 1/2 35 YARDER

Patriots 41Raiders 10Collins 210 yards, 1 TD, 3 INTMoss 48 yardsCourtney Anderson, 6 yards, 1 TDJordan 18-37Brady 330 yards, 3 TDSDillon 120 yards, 2 TDSBranch/Graham/1 undecided TDsVinateri, 2 FG, 5 XP

I don't like the over at all. Last I saw, it was 50. Gimme the under. I think it'll be close, but they won't bust it.

I don't like the over at all. Last I saw, it was 50. Gimme the under. I think it'll be close, but they won't bust it.
I have 2 units on a tease:NE -1.5

Under 56

pretty happy with that position.

I'll be watching a few things tonight...

1. We'll get a glimpse of whether or not Moss made Culpepper better or if it was the other way around.

2. Starting Dillon in the FFTOC :popcorn:

3. Ben Watson sightings

4. Courtney Anderson's role in the Raiders offense

5. Against LaMont Jordan in several leagues

6. Will the game stay under 49.5 points? :popcorn:

7. NE WR watch - How good is Branch? Is Givens playing? Who steps up as the WR3?

Great game, NE wins close.... 33-31Dillon has BIG night, 150 yds 2 TDsBrady hs nice night, 250 yds 2 TDsCollins has BIG night, 300 yds, 2 TDsMoss has BIG night, 150 yds, TDJordan has nice opener, 140 yds, 1 TD

Moss, 2 career games vs. Patriots.......... ZERO TDS.

Just FYI
A rather small sample set wouldn't you say. Raiders are kicking #### tonight.
To add to the small sample size, the sample included Ty Law man-up under Crennel's scheme. I'd say Moss does similar to T.O. in the 'bowl, maybe better since play action could come in to play in this game.

1. We'll get a glimpse of whether or not Moss made Culpepper better or if it was the other way around.

1. They're both great. Moss exploding tonight has nothing to do with Culpepper.2. So do I.

1. They're both great. Moss exploding tonight has nothing to do with Culpepper.2. So do I.
Not really sure where 1 comes form. Moss had already proven himself as the best WR in the NFL (or at least one of them) the 2 years prior to Cpep passing to him.

2. Starting Dillon in the FFTOC  :popcorn:
Not really sure where 1 comes form. Moss had already proven himself as the best WR in the NFL (or at least one of them) the 2 years prior to Cpep passing to him.
:goodposting:

moss's biggest contribution tonight might be how he draws the safety allowing man converage on curry or gabriel going deep.

Would be helpful if Gabriel was even playing
meant to say porter...thanks :bag: ETA: anyone reading this...gabriel is OUT for this week. porter is QUESTIONABLE

NEW ENGLAND 31 - OAKLAND 17

BRADY 18 of 26 226 YDS 2 TDS :D

DILLON 115 RUSHING 1 TD ;)

VANITERI 1/1 43 YARDER ;)

R. HARRISON FUMBLE RECOVERY 1TD :excited:

COLLINS 22 of 30 290 YDS 1 TD 2 INT

MOSS 7/90 1TD

JORDAN 65 RUSHING 25 RECIEVING 1 RUSHING TD

JANAKOWSKI 1/2 35 YARDER
This looks about right.

,Sep 8 2005, 08:19 PM]30 mins...

watching the sox game... is the pregame any good?
Stones new song is solid :thumbup: Even the Stones can't say ####.

ETA- "rooster"

,Sep 8 2005, 08:19 PM]30 mins...

watching the sox game... is the pregame any good?
Stones new song is solid :thumbup: Even the Stones can't say ####.

ETA- "rooster"
I want to go see them here in Memphis but there is no way in hell I'm spending $350/ticket :thumbdown:

Wondering if they'll continue to use the silly name they used for this game last year "A special Thursday presentation of Monday Night Football." Football on a Thursday is "Thursday Night Football", its got nothing to do with Monday. Dumb.

Users who are viewing this thread