What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

New FanDuel/FBG Offer for 2013/4 (Sub for just $20) (1 Viewer)

David Dodds

Administrator
More details coming very soon, but we are using the forums for a soft launch of our freshly negotiated deal with FanDuel.

It is somewhat complicated, but I will try my best to explain it here. We will also be publishing a FAQ that answers the most asked questions.

Option # 1 (Available to Players that have never deposited money with FanDuel)

https://www.fanduel.com/footballguys?p=FBG2013&btag=a_1305b_357c_

Deposit $20 or more and get a FREE FBG Subscription. The $20 (plus FanDuel bonus) will still be in your account as well.

Besides your free FBG Subscription, FanDuel is also paying out an additional $35,000 in our Subscriber Contest. Just like FBG pays $35,000 for the top 150 spots, FanDuel will pay an additional $35,000 to the top finishers that are tagged through this deal.

Option # 2 (Available to FBG Players that played at FanDuel last year)

Reload $100 or more at FanDuel (add funds from https://www.fanduel.com/p/Home) and get a Free FBG Subscription. The Reload money will still be in your account as well.

This also qualifies you for the additional $35,000 FanDuel bonus in the Subscriber Contest.

Wish I would have known about this a week ago when I paid $24.95 for my subscription.

Does that mean I'm not eligible for the extra $35,000 in the subscriber contest?

Wish I would have known about this a week ago when I paid $24.95 for my subscription.

Does that mean I'm not eligible for the extra $35,000 in the subscriber contest?
We announced the earlybird nearly a month ago and just did finalize this deal (while that one was closing). If you signup through the FanDuel offer, we will add another year to your existing account. That will qualify you for the extra $35,000

Same, I also just signed up with the early bird about 2 weeks ago or so.

We announced the earlybird nearly a month ago and just did finalize this deal (while that one was closing). If you signup through the FanDuel offer, we will add another year to your existing account. That will qualify you for the extra $35,000
And then next year when FBG offers the same deal?

Not be a smart aleck but doesn't seem fair to loyal subscribers (but I guess who said life was ever fair?)

a) I can spend $24.95 and get a one-year subscription to FBG.

b) I can deposit $20 in Fan Duel and get a FBG subscription and be eligible for an extra $35,000. All while having the possibility of getting my $20 back.

Must be the new math. It would be appreciated if you could offer the chance to roll over the $24.95 into a Fanduel account for those that rewarded FBG and renewed early.

And then next year when FBG offers the same deal?

Not be a smart aleck but doesn't seem fair to loyal subscribers (but I guess who said life was ever fair?)

a) I can spend $24.95 and get a one-year subscription to FBG.

b) I can deposit $20 in Fan Duel and get a FBG subscription and be eligible for an extra $35,000. All while having the possibility of getting my $20 back.

Must be the new math. It would be appreciated if you could offer the chance to roll over the $24.95 into a Fanduel account for those that rewarded FBG and renewed early.
Not sure what you want me to tell you. We JUST CLOSED this deal with FanDuel yesterday. Had we never offered an earlybird, many would have yelled about that. We announced that deal a month ago and said it would run through May 20th (which it did).

You have these options:

1. Deposit $20 through FanDuel and add a year to what you already bought. This makes you eligible for the added money in the Subscriber contest and has you with a two year deal.

2. Request a refund (you have until September 30th to do that) and we will give you back the $24.95. Then deposit the $20 and have one year of FBG with the extra contest value

3. Do nothing and not play for the extra $35K in the subscriber contest.

We can't rollover the money to FanDuel as some people may not wish to choose that path You need to press the buttons choosing that offer. We can offer you a refund though. Just send a note to gray@footballguys.com asking for that if that is what you want to do.

I kind of jumped ahead and wanted to get a sub for my nephew, I get the fanduel, he gets the sub. But I can't make him a FBG account with the email I'm using for FanDuel without paying for a sub right away so the sub is in limbo. How would I link the fanduel deal to a new FBG account?

I kind of jumped ahead and wanted to get a sub for my nephew, I get the fanduel, he gets the sub. But I can't make him a FBG account with the email I'm using for FanDuel without paying for a sub right away so the sub is in limbo. How would I link the fanduel deal to a new FBG account?
I don't understand the question. You register with FanDuel and that email will set you up at FBG. If you are already current with a subscription at FBG, we add a year. The emails HAVE TO LINK so you are eligible for the additional $35,000 (or how else would we know it's the same player at FBG and FanDuel). Did I answer your question?

More details coming very soon, but we are using the forums for a soft launch of our freshly negotiated deal with FanDuel.

It is somewhat complicated, but I will try my best to explain it here. We will also be publishing a FAQ that answers the most asked questions.

Deposit $20 or more and get a FREE FBG Subscription. The $20 (plus FanDuel bonus) will still be in your account as well.

Besides your free FBG Subscription, FanDuel is also paying out an additional $35,000 in our Subscriber Contest. Just like FBG pays $35,000 for the top 150 spots, FanDuel will pay an additional $35,000 to the top finishers that are tagged through this deal.

Reload $100 or more at FanDuel (add funds from https://www.fanduel.com/p/Home) and get a Free FBG Subscription. The Reload money will still be in your account as well.

This also qualifies you for the additional $35,000 FanDuel bonus in the Subscriber Contest.
I don't see any link or info for option #2 that shows the FBG subscription is included. How will it roll over and activate the subscription if we just add $100 in funds to the account?

gianmarco said:

I don't see any link or info for option #2 that shows the FBG subscription is included. How will it roll over and activate the subscription if we just add $100 in funds to the account?
If you bought through us last year you were coded as an FBG. If that is the case, you just need to add funds from FanDuel's home page.

gianmarco said:

If you bought through us last year you were coded as an FBG. If that is the case, you just need to add funds from FanDuel's home page.
Uhh, you might want to clarify that in the promotion then. I did not sign up with them last year through fbg.

So if I didn't, how do they get linked?

Last edited by a moderator:
gianmarco said:

Uhh, you might want to clarify that in the promotion then. I did not sign up with them last year through fbg.

So if I didn't, how do they get linked?
send a message to cameron@fanduel.com and tell him what is going on. He should be able recode you to FBG

Great deal this year. Looking forward to kicking off some FanDuel related articles coming the first of June. Was lucky enough to win the 15K Footballguys FanDuel Championship last year, and looking forward to giving out some advice and strategies this year. The daily fantasy games are growing like crazy and 2013 is going to be bigger than ever.

I have signed up for this new promotion and have not received anything about a subscription from FBG. I have also PMd you (Dodds), and sent an email to the admins to no resolve.

If you get some free time, I would love to discuss why I have not got what was promised in the promotion. Hopefully we can get this fixed.

Question on the $35k contest bonus: Is that going to have separate standings for just the FBG/FanDuel players, or is it all based on mirroring the FBG standings and cut lines?

Question on the $35k contest bonus: Is that going to have separate standings for just the FBG/FanDuel players, or is it all based on mirroring the FBG standings and cut lines?
It will be the same cutlines for weeks 1-13, but the finals (weeks 14-16) will have separate standings. We likely will restructure the cuts to bring 500 into the finals because of this.

For me it says in big red letters "To receive your Footballguys Insider Subscription you must deposit $25 or more."

I thought it was $20 not $25?

does it tack onto the end of your existing subscription?

I deposited in fanduel from that link. Should I get a confirmation that I am into the contest?
The contest does not debut until the first week of August. If you can log into FBG (and you made the FanDuel deposit), you will be automatically enrolled in the $70K worth of prizes n the subscriber contest.

Alright, explain FanDuel to me like I'm 8-years old.

The page doesn't go into depth about the daily leagues, scoring and things like that. All the page says is, "join, play against others, and win." Elaborate please.

Also, the FPC $350 entry... any testimonials to share? Kind of intrigued as this type of league might be more up my alley than local leagues and such.

Alright, explain FanDuel to me like I'm 8-years old.

The page doesn't go into depth about the daily leagues, scoring and things like that. All the page says is, "join, play against others, and win." Elaborate please.

Also, the FPC $350 entry... any testimonials to share? Kind of intrigued as this type of league might be more up my alley than local leagues and such.
https://www.fanduel.com/how-it-works

You will see a page of contests (you can sort by sport). The horizontzl column includes contest name,current # of entries, total # of entries allowed, entry fee, and prizes (some have cash prizesand some are progressive contests where you earn the right o advance). You can click on the 'ENTER' tab without obligating yourself and all the info re: prize breakdown, scoring rules, salary cap is accessible from there.

Well I really wish I looked at the dates on these posts before I read through the entire thread. I assumed the 2014 in the title meant it was new for this year.

Did you do the same thing as me and assume that this whole thread was new info this year? Haha. I think this thread needs to be deleted or have the title changed. It says 2014 in the title so it would be pretty normal to expect it to be about...you know....2014.

Users who are viewing this thread