What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

New Staff Addition to Footballguys (1 Viewer)

It's really great to hear those of you that bought the RSP got the value out of it you expected...

So you know I have another 50-60 days of evaluation time to go and I already have over 130 players I've studied - I'm shooting for 150 in-depth game film studies by April 1st.

In the coming week, I intend to post and update the list of players I've studied thus far on the boards and get with Cecil and Sigmund to talk rookie prospects soon after.

It's been a kick to check back here periodically today and see the responses. There's a lot of talent at this site - writers and forum posters. Thanks for the posts - really nice to see. :thumbup:

Back to work for me...I'm watching NC State and Rutgers today. If you haven't watched Mike Teel, he's an interesting player. No one you'd target until the late rounds of a dynasty draft at best, but when he's on his game he is very accurate with the pro style throws and he's patient with the pocket - something that's tough to teach.

Look at the man - at work in his new digs already!

Awesome news man. Look forward to all my content being almost in one place.

Great move!

Matt and his work are special.

His thoroughness is so commendable, by sharing all his notes, you just know this guy worked real hard and...well I know alot of us appreciate that around here.

It's really great to hear those of you that bought the RSP got the value out of it you expected...So you know I have another 50-60 days of evaluation time to go and I already have over 130 players I've studied - I'm shooting for 150 in-depth game film studies by April 1st.
this is exactly what I was referring to. I love FBGs and think they're thorough and detailed. This raises the bar though.
In the coming week, I intend to post and update the list of players I've studied thus far on the boards and get with Cecil and Sigmund to talk rookie prospects soon after.
please nag them to buy transcription software so we can read it. My nagging falls on deaf ears now

There honestly aren't many people in this business I would consider capable of raising the collective value of our staff through adding to the team, but Joe and David just found one of the few who will do just that. :thumbup:

Screw the small talk. Get to work!!!! :no:

Can't wait to see the goods. Judging by the clowns responding you are....an average talent?

Lets keep it simple the 1st time around the block. I want 100 push ups, 100 pull ups, 100 dead lifts, and a Day 2 mock draft by lunch pst...Today!!!

PS. Video evidence of push ups, pull ups and dead lifts will require a mandatory youtube post.

Who is going to lead this hazing?

In all reality, congrats and welcome. Who says the economy is down? FBG Rocks.

Last edited by a moderator:
ive enjoyed your stuff at fftoday over the years. Pretty good call on K.Smith and Mcfadden this year

Screw the small talk. Get to work!!!! :bag: Can't wait to see the goods. Judging by the clowns responding you are....an average talent? Lets keep it simple the 1st time around the block. I want 100 push ups, 100 pull ups, 100 dead lifts, and a Day 2 mock draft by lunch pst...Today!!!PS. Video evidence of push ups, pull ups and dead lifts will require a mandatory youtube post. Who is going to lead this hazing?In all reality, congrats and welcome. Who says the economy is down? FBG Rocks.
Awesome...Actually 100 push ups are my goal for 2009. I'm starting the 100 push ups program tomorrow. If I can get to 10 pull ups by August, I'll be ecstatic. Since I'm going for the Body Weight training, I'll have to pass on the dead lifts, but will you settle for 100 consecutive squats???If I tried right now, I'd probably be a lot funnier than Cecil and Sigmund's workout last year at the training center. And LBH - thanks. Still a little nervous about the McFadden outlook. He's such an athletic talent that I'm not sure it will pan out unless his toe injuries become chronic issues. I am happy with the the Smith perspective. I am a believer he has the skills to be a 1200-yard back for a few years if that Lions offense can piece something together up front.

joining Cecil and Sigmund on the Audible on a more frequent basis to talk all things draft.
I'm looking forward to listening - great to have you on board. The Rookie Scouting Portfolio is such a fresh take on prospects - it really stands out from the rest of the publications out there.

Matt is money....great signing guys! Look forward to his draft analysis every year.

Thanks everyone. Let me say the folks I worked with at FFToday have been a class act and I'll always be appreciative of the opportunity I had there and I cannot understate that fact. At the same time, I'm really stoked about joining FBG. This is a great environment for football talk, fantasy strategy, and passion for the game. The Rookie Scouting Portfolio will be sold separately on my own site, which I will be unveiling in the next 2-3 weeks, but it is something I write about at FBG. I will be providing samples and analysis of past and present issues here as well as be joining Cecil and Sigmund on the Audible on a more frequent basis to talk all things draft. Past customers will like to know that I already have evaluated 130 prospects and I anticipate to hit the 140-150 mark by the April 1st publication date. That's up from the 115-120 from previous seasons. So yes, once again it will be a tome... :thumbup: I've been a huge fan of Footballguys, the staff, and the members of these boards and again, I'm stoked about doing what I can to bring additional value to an already great site.
Congrats Matt!!! Thank you for everything you contributed to FFT, and welcome to FBG's. I remember encountering you on your first few posts at FFT. I also remember then posting....."have you read any of this stuff from Wildman? It is over the top!!" Congrats also for taking your "Rookie Scouting Portfolio" to it's own home! Some of the best info available.

Great addition. It's nice that FBGs has added someone who actually posts on the boards. Kudos!

I am out of town at the FSTA conference for the next few days, but rumor has it that the full version of Waldman's soon to be released Rookie Scouting Portfolio will be available to 2009 subscribers.....Developing.....

I am out of town at the FSTA conference for the next few days, but rumor has it that the full version of Waldman's soon to be released Rookie Scouting Portfolio will be available to 2009 subscribers.....Developing.....
That would be the last little push I need to finally subscribe :thumbup:

thought Matt posted "will be available for a fee on my site"? :potkettle:

Thanks for the tease, though know doubt I would be subscribing anyway.

I've heard that rumor too...the guy in the film room at RSP HQ thinks it might not be a bad idea at all. Because with 500 pages per year, he has megalomaniac aspirations to expand its possibilities...but he needs to know if he builds it, will people come :potkettle:

thought Matt posted "will be available for a fee on my site"? :potkettle:
I was hoping I was hasty with that remark and rumor has it that I was...

Matt, I enjoyed your contributions to FFToday. Congrats on the position at FBG. The RSP profiles I have seen look great, and we wish you the best of luck. I hope you get a percentage of those new/renewed subscriber fees.

I'm down the street from the Michael Johnson Performance Center(where Crabtree and a few other are doing their pre-draft work), if you make it to this neck of the woods...I'll buy you a beer/pop to congratulate you on your new position. Congrats on the engagement. In the middle of football season? Guess your busiest time is the next 6 months, congrats.

I love both sites, but FBG just got a bit better.

If Matt's content is available free.. :thumbup: ..what that does is spread it as common knowledge among the 30,000 some odd faithful....thereby diminishing it's value.It's of no value if everybody you play against has the same content..

You'd be better off to allow Matt to continue selling it privately :yes: and Matt would be better off raising the price.

Exclusive content is worth far more than common knowledge.

:lmao:

Crank Scores are the ONLY non-FBG analysis I've used in prepping for my draft the past couple of years. I stumbled upon them when looking for someone offering some sort of standard deviation analysis. Hope that continues now that you're with FBG...and welcome aboard!!

Matt, I enjoyed your contributions to FFToday. Congrats on the position at FBG. The RSP profiles I have seen look great, and we wish you the best of luck. I hope you get a percentage of those new/renewed subscriber fees.I'm down the street from the Michael Johnson Performance Center(where Crabtree and a few other are doing their pre-draft work), if you make it to this neck of the woods...I'll buy you a beer/pop to congratulate you on your new position. Congrats on the engagement. In the middle of football season? Guess your busiest time is the next 6 months, congrats.I love both sites, but FBG just got a bit better.
If I find myself in that neck of Texas, I'm game - thanks again!

thought Matt posted "will be available for a fee on my site"? :popcorn:
I was hoping I was hasty with that remark and rumor has it that I was...
Member #51!!!! Good work! :thumbup:
Like Area 51? :lmao:

If we have a three year subscription do we get Matt's personal help during our rookie drafts?

It's really great to hear those of you that bought the RSP got the value out of it you expected...So you know I have another 50-60 days of evaluation time to go and I already have over 130 players I've studied - I'm shooting for 150 in-depth game film studies by April 1st. In the coming week, I intend to post and update the list of players I've studied thus far on the boards and get with Cecil and Sigmund to talk rookie prospects soon after. It's been a kick to check back here periodically today and see the responses. There's a lot of talent at this site - writers and forum posters. Thanks for the posts - really nice to see. :unsure: Back to work for me...I'm watching NC State and Rutgers today. If you haven't watched Mike Teel, he's an interesting player. No one you'd target until the late rounds of a dynasty draft at best, but when he's on his game he is very accurate with the pro style throws and he's patient with the pocket - something that's tough to teach.
Breaking down Mike Teel.... now that's depth (and he's right on too, best QB in Rutgers history by a longshot, but then again.... )Welcome aboard Matt. There is always room for great talent here at FBGs.

What's FFToday?

Anyway, welcome aboard. Anyone smart enough to bail on the Browns obviously has something going for him. I'm the blind Steelers homer who writers the mock drafts containing the wildly inappropriate jokes, BTW. I try not to overdo it so Cecil and/or Sigmund don't have to edit them too much before posting to draftguys.com, but sometimes I can't help myself.

Man, I left them under the IDP forum just behind the Gatorade cooler, I thought that's the hiding place... :popcorn:

That sneaky Jene Bramel, I should have known... :lol:

Are you going to get to Rashad Jennings in the RSP?

My wish list:

1. RSP as part of the FBG subscription (put it in the player profile pages)

2. Gut Check weekly

3. Crank Score calculator as part of MyFBG and player pages

4. Matt on the Audible weekly, if not his own show.

5. Send Matt on the NFL Draft road trip.

6. A breaking down the tape feature by Matt for subscribers.

7. Dynasty rankings from Matt

I'm sure I can come up with more.

:twothumbsup:

Let me get this straight, when I and many others joined up a few years ago we were welcomed by the "post here if you're a homeless FFToday HOBO" thread and since he's a paid FBG employee he gets his own thread welcoming him to FBG's staff?

j/k. Welcome aboard!

Matt, what are you going to be responsible for around here? Just articles or will you be doing rankings or a little of everything?

Users who are viewing this thread