What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*New Survivor Leagues 2003* (1 Viewer)

Twilight

Footballguy
OK, starting a fresh thread here. Was going to do it this morning, but ran out of time before work.

First off, the official MBSL I and II will start up in July, probably right after the 4th holiday weekend, exact date TBD. We have at least 2 openings, and probably more that we will fill in June. If you those of you who haven't responded yet (AhrncityPounders, Dbomb, Dox, Brahama Bulls, Pdog, Jbase, Taggin Along, Crazylegs, Hoosier, uwgb96, and LHUCKS) please either respond in Survivor League Thread or e-mail me at laenir@yahoo.com to confirm/bow out.

That takes care of I and II, AKA the Senior Leagues.

As for more leagues, I asked for some dice rolls in the other thread. Several people seemed willing enough to get something going now. Therefore the Spring Survivor League is starting now. We'll go ahead and start drafting Monday, April 28th. 12 hr limit, MBSL rules. More leagues will follow depending on interest throughout the offseason. I'm still interested if anybody would want a Money version also.

I have the following rolls from people

Motown Maniac:065

Glumpy: 119

LadyBeBop:183

Air Fryar:255

FFdude69:271

Tropical Depression:274

Shadowfax:289

SgtHawks:291

Tex:312

Fletch:314

FM:413

Sandbagger:446

Duke 1948:453

DoubleDown:496

Gonads:501

Prince Myshken:523

BlueDredSo: 546

S.K.A.:560

Guppy King Tygeb:601

The Alchemist:640(67)

Pirate:640(509)

Juicecore:670

Atomic Punk:694

Duke21:717

Steel Dillo:722

Twilight:738

BassNBrew:750

RushRook:776

Fullback Fro:807

Eggs: 910

I'm not sure if Atomic Punk meant these rolls for III or not. Since this is not the Main 2 and so early. I have no problem in anybody from I or II also competing here, and also since I plan to participate here (Waiting for confirmations of people to find somebody to send my roll to).

Anybody else,

First: go to

Irony's Dice Server

# Dice:1

Sides:1000

Nothing should be Added/Subtracted, None Dropped

Repeat Roll:1 Time

My email - laenir@yahoo.com *I HAVE to get a copy*

The Lower the Better

Please put in Header:MBSL - (Your FBG Name)

Looking for 2 more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I supposed to be in this league? Is this 3, 4 or something else? I think I'm supposed to be in 4.
If you want to draft in a league now, then email me a dice roll. If you want to wait until one of the later leagues a couple of months from now, you're in. We will address those leagues in June.

Thanks Twilight.....I will wait until the later date, and I really appreciate you organizing this thing.Gobosox

Twilight,

I did my roll for the Spring League = 776.

You should have received a copy as well.

The spring league works out great for me as my summer schedule is a nightmare!

Thanks for helping set this up!

I'm not sure if AF. Atomic Punk, and Duke21 meant these rolls for III or not. Since this is not the Main 2 and so early. I have no problem in anybody from I or II also competing here, and also since I plan to participate here (Waiting for confirmations of people to find somebody to send my roll to).
So I can draft in MBSL II AND this leauge :yucky: ?:draftnut:

Twilight,I've never done a draft this early so I'll try both. Dice roll is 750 for the spring league. As a side note, you'll need to look at the 12 hour time limit for the summer leagues. If we start in July, we'll end up finishing well into pre-season. Last year it took three weeks and we pushed hard to keep up the pace. With a slow draft this could easily take 2 months or longer. I personally think the goal should be to finish before the first preseason game. It's not fair when injuries or cuts happen in these games which impact people's picks.

Sent one out Twighlight ... Got "666" .. Am a little freaked out right now! I didn't see any option to put my FBG name in the header so you'll know its me when you get the "666" ...

PS...If the demand for spots is greater than the supply, feel free to give me the boot for someone new.
Might be enough to fill two spring leagues with the response!! I'm thinking hard on that one too, going with both...just need a fix!! :excited:

Yes, MBSL I and II are separate. If you were in last year, you are GUARANTEED to be in this year. Period. I now consider them the Senior leagues ... (The Amen-Ra leagues for any UFFPers out there) ... And, since, especially considering that there are no alterations of the lineups, a Spring Survivor league might leave rosters a little wierd, original MBSLers can participate here as well.And Bass, as for the 12-hr limit, we'll see how it goes this year, and look into it. I won't be in Vegas to slow the start of the draft :yes: and so we shall see.

Awesome work at this Twilight! Thanks fm for keeping on it too...I couldn't wait--rolled 119If the spring leagues fill without me in one no problem--I'll hold off until MBSL I :yes:

OK, we are at 22 people so far. Unless the demand goes really nuts, we'll probably cap it at 32.This is how I will assign which league people will be in.Once all the rolls are complete, The top 16 Numbers are SSL I and the bottom are SSL II. Which means those 600's might be good rolls after all. Juice, check your PM, and Glumpy, you got a copy of my roll, 738, if you would like to confirm.I will be out for a while, but will check back this evening. Night all.

haha... This is eerie... I had to do a reroll cause twighlight didn't get the first one, and this time I rolled 670! Almost exactly the same as the first one ... It was weird enough rolling 666, but this is freaky.

I'm not sure if AF and Atomic Punk meant these rolls for III or not. Since this is not the Main 2 and so early. I have no problem in anybody from I or II also competing here, and also since I plan to participate here (Waiting for confirmations of people to find somebody to send my roll to).
I'm in. Fo sho. B)

I'm in for the Spring League but if you get more than 32 you can give me the boot and I'll wait for the Senior League.Thanks a bunch.

I just rolled a 546, seems pretty good looking at the other rolls. If I would have gotten the 666 I would've freaked and dropped out of the league. Thats just a bad, bad omen. ;)

Hope I did the roll right...cause it seems a little low.183.If that's right, means my backfield will be something like...Ricky Williams and Ladell Betts.(Come to think of it, it's my backfield in FBAL ;) )

Hope I did the roll right...cause it seems a little low.183.If that's right, means my backfield will be something like...Ricky Williams and Ladell Betts.(Come to think of it, it's my backfield in FBAL ;) )
MuhahahahI like the sound of Shaun Alexander and Kevan Barlow better. ;) But don't get me started on Marcel Shipp. :D

Not sure which league I'm in , but I emailed my dice roll. I would prefer a later drafting league because I'll be out of town from Apr. 30-May 4. :yucky:

Hope I did the roll right...cause it seems a little low.183.If that's right, means my backfield will be something like...Ricky Williams and Ladell Betts.(Come to think of it, it's my backfield in FBAL :shock: )
I like the sound of Shaun Alexander and Kevan Barlow better. :yucky:
I like the sound of Bennet, Dillion & Dunn even better than that :no:

Hope I did the roll right...cause it seems a little low.183.If that's right, means my backfield will be something like...Ricky Williams and Ladell Betts.(Come to think of it, it's my backfield in FBAL :shock: )
I like the sound of Bennet, Dillion & Dunn even better than that :D
Did I forget to mention that I absolutely stole TO in the 2nd? :no:

I like the sound of Bennet, Dillion & Dunn even better than that :D
Did I forget to mention that I absolutely stole TO in the 2nd? :no:
My team is still better. :D

SO we're drafting on Monday!? :wacko:
Monday if we get this filled by tomorrow afternoon, add an extra day if it takes any longer.We are at 26, with one more needing a reroll.I'm expecting both drafts to start the clock ticking at 9am Monday.As for the subject of Trades, I was going to bring that up to see if anybody wanted to enable them. They would HAVE to be 1 for 1. Every squad has to have 18 players to finish the draft. Throw out your thoughts over the weekend, and we'll see if there is a majority of people who want them.

I would love to trade down 4,5,6 spots, and then swap 2nd and 4th rounders with anyone that really might want that 1st pick! :ph34r:

I'm not sure exactly what's going on...but I'm interested if there is room. Rolled a 289.Edited to add: What exactly are the rules/details for this?

Last edited by a moderator:
18 rounds of drafting No trading of picks No trading of players No free agent pick ups Serpentine drafting. No submission of rosters. Each week 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 PK and 1 Def/ST will be maximized for your weekly score.Player Scoring: Passing TDs = 6 pts Rushing/receiving TDs = 6 pts 1 pt per 20 yards passing 1 pt per 10 yards rushing/receiving1 pt per receptionKicker Scoring: 3 pts per FG 1 pt per EPDefense Scoring: Points Allowed 0 = 5 points 1-6 = 3 points 7-13 = 1 point 14+ = 0 pointsTotal Yards Allowed 0-199 = 5 points 200-249 = 3 points 250-299 = 1 point 300+ = 0 pointsSack = 1 point INT/Fumble Recovery = 2 points Safety = 2 points TD = 6 points Low Score each week for first 13 weeks is booted off. High score gets amnesty for next week. Scores reset each week. Once there are 3 teams left, there will be no more amnesty. For weeks 14-end of the season, 1 team will be lost every two weeks. A prize of message board bragging rights will be given to the winner. If two teams should tie for low score, the tie will be broken by best player not used in calculating the maximum score per squad regardless of position.Defense/ST scoring will be identical the FOOTBALLGUYS scoring. I'm assuming that they are counting kick returns as a form of DEF/ST scoring.Key changes from the FOOTBALLGUYS scoring...* 1 pt per reception at all positions* All TD's including passing are worth 6 points.12 hour time limit between picks. Draft to be conducted on the mock forum board.

Regarding trading, I think it would be interesting twist.Twilight...are we going to decimal scoring this year like the Footballguys do? It will likely elimainate ties, although maybe ties and going to that extra player are a good thing. Last year 9 yd = 0 for us and .9 in the Footballguys league. I really don't have an opinion on this, which is easier for you?

We need 5 more guys to make two 16 team leagues. If you guys would rather draft in a 14 team league than we only need 1 more guy.
FM69...Surely we'll get them with the traffic here today. We just need to keep this bumped to the top.

Users who are viewing this thread