What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

New to me (1 Viewer)

steelcityman

Footballguy
I got a dynasty team that is 1-5 and has a lot of guys on IR or questionable.   Its over for this year.   I guess its time to throw in the towel for 2021 and look towards the future.   FFCP scoring 12 team dynasty.

QB:  Herbert, Ryan, Mac Jones, Jordan Love
RB:  Barkley, Montgomery and D Williams, J Williams, T Williams
WR:  Evans, Claypool, Juju, Samuel, Gallup, Renfroe, Toney, R Moore, A Rodgers
TE:  Fant, I Smith, Tremble

4 currently on IR, Juju can move to IR.    

I already got offers for J Williams and Evans, and another for Montgomery Fant and Toney.

I guess my question is, how do you determine if they are good offers?   I've never had a team this bad and just sold off pieces.

My thoughts are keep Herbert, Barkley, J Williams and Claypool.   Does that seem reasonable, unless I am blown away?
And are 1st rd picks really worth a Mike Evans or Montgomery?   Bird in hand and that kinda stuff?

Last edited by a moderator:
It all depends on what you are doing.  If you in a full rebuild which is what it seems like you are leaning to doing then first round picks (especially if they will be early) are necessary to rebuild (whether you use them to trade or get impact rookies).  

For me I look at 2 yr increments because too much changes beyond that.  I also never break everything down and go for a total rebuild.  Too many times when owners do that they end up always playing for next year and never get to next year.  Your team is actually not devoid of talent.  You just seem to have had bad luck this year.  I wouldn't go into "rebuild" as you have the pieces to compete with everyone healthy.  If you are punting on this year I would look to acquire more injured players that should be back to high levels next year.  You may be able to get them cheaply or for a bit older players that would help this year with a playoff push.  

Bottom line is don't give anything away and look for complimentary pieces that could pop next year.  Gaining 1st round picks is always good but don't give away young talent for that.  Evans is a good candidate as is Barkley (only if you think he is essentially too injury prone to be of value).  Otherwise I think Montgomery is a good piece for the future so I wouldn't look to move him.  

I think I have some solid pieces for future teams.   I guess I need to decide on Barkley, Montgomery and J Williams....who to trade.   I took Williams 5th this year, so really dont want to move him already.  Evans, Gallup, Samuels(last 2 if healthy) could get me something.   Fant is a good TE, and there are so few, its hard to move him.   

I like the idea of going after some injured players.   I'll look into that some more.

I think I have some solid pieces for future teams.   I guess I need to decide on Barkley, Montgomery and J Williams....who to trade.   I took Williams 5th this year, so really dont want to move him already.  Evans, Gallup, Samuels(last 2 if healthy) could get me something.   Fant is a good TE, and there are so few, its hard to move him.   

I like the idea of going after some injured players.   I'll look into that some more.
Williams is the exact kind of player you want to build around.  I would not trade him unless you got overpaid and you just couldn't refuse.  He is the type of player you should be trying to acquire.  I know many are down on Sermon but he is someone I would go after as well.  You could be able to get him cheap and he has upside which is the kind of moves you want to make (if you believe in the player).  

Not sold on Sermon, although I do understand people's attraction there.   I am going back and forth with a guy now, Waddle, Bateman, M Carter, Trautman are names being thrown around, picks too.    Pretty sure I am settled in on keeping Barkley and J Williams.    Like you said, would need blown away to trade them away.    We'll see.   I'm in no hurry.

Not sold on Sermon, although I do understand people's attraction there.   I am going back and forth with a guy now, Waddle, Bateman, M Carter, Trautman are names being thrown around, picks too.    Pretty sure I am settled in on keeping Barkley and J Williams.    Like you said, would need blown away to trade them away.    We'll see.   I'm in no hurry.
The biggest reason I listed Sermon was because there is a chance you can get him for cheap.  He is worth the shot if you can get him for way under value.  He is in a great offense and will succeed given the chance which may come next year (or this year with another Mitchell injury).

Users who are viewing this thread