What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

New Vikings Uniforms (1 Viewer)

As a Packer fan I'm sure the Vikes and their fans could give a Najah what I think. Still, I hope the Vikes honor their traditions and don't change their jerseys. The purple people eaters are part of football lore. If a jersey served for Page, Eller, Marshall, Foreman, Browner, Tarkenton, Brown, Studwell, Millard, and Rashad it should be good enough for these Vikes.

The hater in me, of course, thinks the Vikes ought to dress like an arena club while they play in a plastic bubble.

The traditionalist in me respects and reveres the Bud Grant days of the norsemen trampling out of the tunnel at the old met in their purple and warm up capes. I'd love to see the Vikes go back to those days of outdoor football when they had an intimidation factor.

As a Packer fan I'm sure the Vikes and their fans could give a Najah what I think. Still, I hope the Vikes honor their traditions and don't change their jerseys. The purple people eaters are part of football lore. If a jersey served for Page, Eller, Marshall, Foreman, Browner, Tarkenton, Brown, Studwell, Millard, and Rashad it should be good enough for these Vikes.

The hater in me, of course, thinks the Vikes ought to dress like an arena club while they play in a plastic bubble.

The traditionalist in me respects and reveres the Bud Grant days of the norsemen trampling out of the tunnel at the old met in their purple and warm up capes. I'd love to see the Vikes go back to those days of outdoor football when they had an intimidation factor.
:goodposting:

:bs:

I'd be willing to wager my 12 year old golden retriever that these are not the jerseys.

Of course, he's old and I don't like him much, so take that for what it's worth.

:banned: Here's to you for that! :goodposting:

:bs:

I'd be willing to wager my 12 year old golden retriever that these are not the jerseys.

Of course, he's old and I don't like him much, so take that for what it's worth.
And if you won you'd get another?

:thumbup: Same here.

Here are the new vikings jerseys...

New Vikings Jerseys

Looks a lot like the Rams Unis to me...
I too am calling :bs: This appears to be some random jpg that is not at any sort of official web address that would give it credibility... other than the fact it displays the Vikings logo and says "spring 2006." However, that doesn't tell me a lot; if this website truly has permission to use the Viking logo in conjunction with display of this "new uniform" that would mean the disclosure of the new jerseys was authorized by the team. The Vikings website itself would certainly be displaying new team jerseys if it was authorized by the team to be displayed elsewhere. Bottom line, I'll believe it when I see something official.

Oh, and :X

thanks Sammy,

they look like arena league crap.

100% believe these are the jerseys they will unveil at/around draft.

gotta love the triangle.

EDIT- saw some differnet pics that look a lot closer to what is on the blured billboards around town. Not so sure this pic is accurate now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be fine with these as long as we keep the ROYAL PURPLE color and the Horns on the Helmet. Also I'm in the anti-all one color camp. Keep the White pants with the Purple Jerseys and go to Purple pants with the whites.

I have a weird feeling that I'll be disappointed on more than one of these. :(

Edited to add....

I read that the uniform was going to be a combination of the Broncos and Chargers.

After looking at this picture ... and then this one, I now believe (IF THESE ARE THE REAL DEAL) that the Vikings will be wearing All Purple Pants and Jerseys at home and All White on the road.

This is the only way that the stripe can tie together BOTH the Jersey and the Pants.

NOW i'm getting nervous !!!! :hot:

I had seen this, the picture was given to folks on the Vikes email list with a claim that it was from someone with a connection with Rebok. Another list member is fairly certain it is a hoax. Controversy has ensued on the email list.

I those are really the jersey's, hate them. Especially the "spotted" effect.

Here are the new vikings jerseys...

New Vikings Jerseys

Looks a lot like the Rams Unis to me...
From what I have read, if those are not the new unis they will look very similar to them. And the changes are minimal; much like the change to 'highlight' the numbers or even add the Viking to the sleeve.

I guess it depends on the shade of purple. I could live with these.

But please, no purple pants.
If these ARE the actual jerseys you can BET that the pants will be purple for the home games and remain white for the away ones. That slash that Rebok is doing on their uniform travels from the jersey thru the pants.BTW, I hate the idea also. It's going to look like this crap ! :yucky:

The Vikings are expected to reveal their new uniform designs April 27 at the Mall of America, giving them an exclusive 72-hour window to sell the new designs heading into the April 29-30 NFL draft weekend.

Upwards of 40 advertising billboards have popped up around the Twin Cities this week, advertising the pending announcement. Team officials have described the changes as relatively subtle, but purple pants are expected to be incorporated at some level.
and I hate quoting shooter but
) As part of the Vikings' uniform changes, look for the Norseman head with horns on the team's jersey sleeves to be moved to the pants.
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/ten...illboard002.jpghttp://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/ten...illboard003.jpg

They are just uniforms. All of this "forsaking tradition" talk is a bit silly. It's not like they are changing the colors or changing the name or anything, just looking for a more hip jersey. Big deal.

These are worse than terrible. They look like they belong in one of that chicks football league. :yucky:
We shouldn't just too quickly. Many new uniforms can\do look crappy in .jpg format or even during show-casing. I was not all to impressed with the Broncos ore Buccaneers uniforms until I saw them on the field.

I guess I'm a bit of a hypocrite. I pine for the "traditional" unis of the 80's and moan about "forsaking tradition" but I certainly don't want them to go back to the 40's unis or anything like that. I guess change is inevitable but so is resistance to change. : )

edit to add:

the old unis call to memory a "better time" when the game seemed more important and business was secondary. That may not even have been the case but it seemed like it anyway.

I guess I'm a bit of a hypocrite. I pine for the "traditional" unis of the 80's and moan about "forsaking tradition" but I certainly don't want them to go back to the 40's unis or anything like that. I guess change is inevitable but so is resistance to change. : )
You are not alone.

These are worse than terrible. They look like they belong in one of that chicks football league.  :yucky:
We shouldn't just too quickly. Many new uniforms can\do look crappy in .jpg format or even during show-casing. I was not all to impressed with the Broncos ore Buccaneers uniforms until I saw them on the field.
The Buccaneers are still the worst in the league. Orange does NOT go with red. :X

I those are really the jersey's, hate them. Especially the "spotted" effect.
:confused: The spots are just the illustration showing which part of the jersey is mesh and which is solid fabric. They aren't printing spots on the jersey. And they aren't printing stitch marks on the sleeves, either.

This doesn't add up to be very good for the Vikes in 2006, IMO. They're in a dome which is best for passing the ball, they've decided to get "faster" looking uniforms (if they're real), yet they've lost their offensive combo of Culpepper and Moss. Not only that, but they've vowed to commit to the run game. They're trying to go back to the 70's Vikings...but they're trying to do it in a dome without the cold weather factor, and with a much weaker passing game which doesn't play to the strengths of the dome.

I don't like where this is going. I see some major pitfalls for this team for the next couple years until they get themselves organized proeprly and figured out.

This doesn't add up to be very good for the Vikes in 2006, IMO. They're in a dome which is best for passing the ball, they've decided to get "faster" looking uniforms (if they're real), yet they've lost their offensive combo of Culpepper and Moss. Not only that, but they've vowed to commit to the run game. They're trying to go back to the 70's Vikings...but they're trying to do it in a dome without the cold weather factor, and with a much weaker passing game which doesn't play to the strengths of the dome.

I don't like where this is going. I see some major pitfalls for this team for the next couple years until they get themselves organized proeprly and figured out.
Considering the past few seasons under McCombs and Tice, any change is a good change and the more changes made should translate to more optimism.Anxious, yes. Optimistic, more than ever.

:no: :loco: :lmao:

These are worse than terrible. They look like they belong in one of that chicks football league.  :yucky:
Agree...sorta. I personally didn't at first, and still don't like either Den or TB unis, but my distaste for them appears to have lessend over the years. Don't think they've grown on me, just that I've gotten used to seeing them. The fact that those teams are not my team (shhh, don't tell anyone that me, Ziggy, is lurking here to gauge the true experts (FBG) feelings for my team as a whole) makes it less personal. I suppose if they win the SB, they could be wearing purple Tu-Tu's and their unis would look mighty fine to me.

Users who are viewing this thread