What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

New York Jets disaster (1 Viewer)

How long till Rex is gone?
Tomorrow afternoon.
I need to find this press conference now.

Did he really just blow himself up?

-QG
I did not think it was that bad as far as blow ups go, it's just that he kind of presented himself as a leader without a spine. His defense of his decision to throw Sanchez into the game late was weak. It reeks like upper mgt is dictating his game calls.

As a Bills fan, it's gotten so bad for both teams that all I can do is sadly nod my head in understanding.

All I know is that someday, when Belichick's deal with the devil comes due, it's going to be a horrific day for that man.

why was sanchez put in last part of 4th quarter after geno had extended stint well into second half?

taken to ground on tackle, landing hard on (throwing) right shoulder, taken in for x-rays and seen with shoulder wrapped... haven't heard if it could be separated shoulder, worst case scenario torn rotator cuff or labrum?
Well, usually you start your starter in the third preseason game and let him play the first half at least. I think this means that Geno is in the lead to start.
sure, that part i understand and is straightforward... but i still don't get putting in sanchez there...working theory - jets want to get in clowney lottery?
Because you put your backup in during the 4th quarter of the 3rd preseason game? What was he supposed to do, not play Sanchez at all? How come you're not ripping on the Pats for playing Mallett in the 4th or the Broncos for playing Osweiler in the 4th or the Eagles for playing Foles in the 4th?

As a Dolphins fan there's nothing I love seeing more than the Jets being the laughing stock of the league, but I don't get why Sanchez playing in the 4th is some big deal.
The big difference is Mallet and those guys aren't in the running to win the starting job. Mark Sanchez has outplayed Geno every step of the way and seemed to be the logical choice to be the starting QB.

That gif at the bottom is great. Guess he's a big fan of James Harrison's style with the HBO cameras.

-QG

Brutal. Just, absolutely, brutal. Feel terrible for my Jets friends. This organization appears to have lost all direction.
It's especially disappointing when you consider where the Jets were a few years ago. They had a young developing QB, the hottest coach and stout D that had made it to 2 consecutive AFC title games. Here were are 3 years later and everything is broken. I can't name one good thing about the Jets.
Other than Muhammad Wilkerson and 2 good o-linemen (Who are both probably just about to hit the downside of their careers) there really isn't anything good. Others have potential, but no sure things.

Sanchez behind a 3rd string o-line is just beyond stupid. With the way Geno looked tonight (Why does it look like he short-arms every single throw? I'm not an expert on throwing mechanics, but his look weird) you couldn't afford for Mark to get hurt tonight. Yeah, they're going to suck anyway, but at this point, if Geno is the starter, 4 wins might be optimistic.

Clowning for Clowney 2013.

And as if there was any doubt left, tonight proved that Kyle Wilson sucks. The dude just has absolutely no idea when to turn his head around. If he gets his back to the QB, he's dead. They could honestly call PI on him every single time. And the best part is when he gets lucky and the QB overthrows his WR by like 10 yards, Wilson celebrates like he just took an INT to the house to win the superbowl.

Dude is very lucky that his cap hit for next year is only $1.1 Mil. He'd be gone otherwise.

In a painful attempt to be positive, at least Richardson got a nice sack tonight. :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:
why was sanchez put in last part of 4th quarter after geno had extended stint well into second half?

taken to ground on tackle, landing hard on (throwing) right shoulder, taken in for x-rays and seen with shoulder wrapped... haven't heard if it could be separated shoulder, worst case scenario torn rotator cuff or labrum?
Well, usually you start your starter in the third preseason game and let him play the first half at least. I think this means that Geno is in the lead to start.
sure, that part i understand and is straightforward... but i still don't get putting in sanchez there...working theory - jets want to get in clowney lottery?
Because you put your backup in during the 4th quarter of the 3rd preseason game? What was he supposed to do, not play Sanchez at all? How come you're not ripping on the Pats for playing Mallett in the 4th or the Broncos for playing Osweiler in the 4th or the Eagles for playing Foles in the 4th?

As a Dolphins fan there's nothing I love seeing more than the Jets being the laughing stock of the league, but I don't get why Sanchez playing in the 4th is some big deal.
The big difference is Mallet and those guys aren't in the running to win the starting job. Mark Sanchez has outplayed Geno every step of the way and seemed to be the logical choice to be the starting QB.
Actually, Sanchez has not outplayed Smith every step of the way. Sanchez made terrible rookie mistakes in each of the first two preseason games. It is okay if Smith makes rookie mistakes. It is not okay when Sanchez does it. I have been predicting a 3-13 season. I hope I am right. That will finally get rid of this Rex Ryan #####.

The Jets look so bad right now that I think they have actually lowered the expectations to a point where they will beat them.

Actually, Sanchez has not outplayed Smith every step of the way. Sanchez made terrible rookie mistakes in each of the first two preseason games. It is okay if Smith makes rookie mistakes. It is not okay when Sanchez does it.I have been predicting a 3-13 season. I hope I am right. That will finally get rid of this Rex Ryan #####.
Before Mark went into last night's game, here is what we had:

Week 1: Sanchez throws terrible INT to Zifggy and then played quite well. I believe he completed something like 10 of his next 11 throws for a TD. Geno hurt his ankle.

Week 2: Sanchez did not play well. Ryan went out of his way to tell everyone how awful Geno Smith was in practice.

Week 3: Geno finally gets his first real playing time and he has the worst performance of any QB this preseason with 3 INTs and an inexplicable safety.

Outplayed every step of the way.

That's just like your opinion, man.

If I have two guys who suck, then the one who has no future with the team is not getting the job.

Smith gets much greater of a pass for poor play than does Sanchez.

Smith will not be Roger Staubach whenever he first plays

in a regular season game. He is going to make errors. He is going to learn from his mistakes.

Is the team good? No.

So why not take lumps with Smith than some broken veteran?

They look like a horrible mess. That said, are any of their WRs draftable? I know the team is terrible, and QB play will be bad no matter what. But then you get into the 'They will have to play from behind and pass, so someone has to catch the ball'. I just had a draft where none of their WRs were drafted. Someone has to have some value, don't they? Holmes? Hill? Kerley? Just curious.

They look like a horrible mess. That said, are any of their WRs draftable? I know the team is terrible, and QB play will be bad no matter what. But then you get into the 'They will have to play from behind and pass, so someone has to catch the ball'. I just had a draft where none of their WRs were drafted. Someone has to have some value, don't they? Holmes? Hill? Kerley? Just curious.
Buehler?

It all depends on how deep your league is. If it is a typical 12-team league, then Kerley is worth drafting. My two leagues thus far are very deep. Cumberland, Holmes, Hill, Kerley and Winslow are on rosters.

If I have two guys who suck, then the one who has no future with the team is not getting the job.

in a regular season game. He is going to make errors. He is going to learn from his mistakes.

Is the team good? No.

Some of it was opinion, but there were a lot of facts there. If I have a rookie QB, I don't start him at the beginning of the year unless he looks like the best QB on the roster. Can anyone even make the case that Smith is NFL ready? I would like to hear it. I agree that if any of the 2 QBs has a chance to be the future of the Jets, it is Geno. However, he isn't ready yet. Jets should be protecting him. Let Sanchez start, let him take the lumps. Fans already hate them, let them hate him more. Mid-season, when Geno has had a chance to improve and the offense has figured out what it can and can't do, you let Geno play the hero. He finishes the year and has a chance to learn on the job without being too exposed.

Is the team good? No.

Some of it was opinion, but there were a lot of facts there. If I have a rookie QB, I don't start him at the beginning of the year unless he looks like the best QB on the roster. Can anyone even make the case that Smith is NFL ready? I would like to hear it. I agree that if any of the 2 QBs has a chance to be the future of the Jets, it is Geno. However, he isn't ready yet. Jets should be protecting him. Let Sanchez start, let him take the lumps. Fans already hate them, let them hate him more. Mid-season, when Geno has had a chance to improve and the offense has figured out what it can and can't do, you let Geno play the hero. He finishes the year and has a chance to learn on the job without being too exposed.
Normally, I like a rookie QB to not start till October. However, the sport is changing and is very-QB friendly. We see rookies start from Week 1 now and Sanchez made his typical errors in all three preseason tilts.

That's a pretty big assumption.
Because he's not white?
:rolleyes:

Most NFL rookies flame out. That's a fact. Smith may or may not learn from his mistakes, but to simply ASSUME that he WILL learn from them is extremely naive, especially when you consider the long list of highly-drafted rookie QBs who failed to learn from their mistakes (Ryan Leaf, Joey Harrington, Matt Leinart, JaMarcus Russell, etc.).

Is the team good? No.

Normally, I like a rookie QB to not start till October. However, the sport is changing and is very-QB friendly. We see rookies start from Week 1 now and Sanchez made his typical errors in all three preseason tilts.
You have to judge each QB on their own merit. You can't compare the Geno situation to some of the other recent QBs. Russell Wilson completely outplayed Matt Flynn. Andrew Luck was the most NFL ready QB prospect in a decade and was the best QB through the preseason. RG3, he got the nod over another rookie and Rex Grossman because the staff believe RG3 was the best QB on the team. Colin Kaepernick waited a year behind Alex Smith because he wasn't ready. It worked out for both. I just think if there is doubt about who the best is, it is better to let the rookie develop more. Throw the veteran to the wolves.

Is the team good? No.

If you're going to suck no matter what, why not take your lumps with the broken veteran while you teach the rookie to be a serviceable QB? Less chance of injury, less chance of breaking his confidence, etc.

Is the team good? No.

If you're going to suck no matter what, why not take your lumps with the broken veteran while you teach the rookie to be a serviceable QB? Less chance of injury, less chance of breaking his confidence, etc.
:goodposting:

How many rookie QBs have flourished after starting for terrible teams? The list is pretty short.

1st Jersey I bought in my life arrived......

#7 GENO SMITH.....

So much more excited for this season over last.. Rebuild year but, lots of battes and growth leading up to next year when they have Cap space and picks to make moves to shore up the offense around GENO!!!!

Record means little to me, i STILL say the Rex hot seat stuff is baloney connecting of dots and reports this week confirm that Idzik does not have full power to fire Rex this year - Like I said from the start, you don't blow it up, limit your GM search and then fire a HC based on W/L record in an obvious Rebuild year....

Don't even care if Geno starts right away - Let Sanchez take the Brunt of Tampa at home into New England on a short week to start the season and observe the weekly prep that goes on as well as media crap
Couple years from now you can get that same jersey at Marshalls for $10 after the Jets cut the guy. That dude is going to crash and burn so hard in NYC. The press is going to eat him alive, which will impact his play which will cause more of a feeding frenzy, rinse and repeat and Geno will be gone... And Rex is going to be gone sooner than that.
Hey, I've been a fan for 33+ years and never in my life have I watched a QB thru his college carrer and state that I'd give a lung for that guy to be my QB as I did back in October this year... And Get him... Jets never drafted a QB I wanted in my lifetime. (How freaking lucky are IND fans to have Peyton and then Luck fall in their laps... Jeez)

I consider myself ALL-IN.....

The beauty of it all though is technically the Jets are not All-In, with the New CBA and the fact that they got him in the 2nd when Peter King, everyone and their mother had him as top 10 lock in october.. he is CHEAP.

Like Idzik's old team Seattle kept going after QB's, IMO the Jets are free to draft another if need be and not be tied down to anything long term....

My Goal for this year is to at least see enough of Geno so the Jets can make an educated decision...

Sanchez is gone so, If they wind up with (lets just say) Bridgewater staring at them in the draft, I see no reason why they couldn't have Teddy and Geno compete and possibly trade one if need be... Or, next years draft seems deep at QB - Go for another in round 2,3,4????.

From where I sit - as the Guy getting talked off the cliff the past 2 years around here - I'm as happy with the direction of this team as I've been in a while... Never wanted Sanchez - But, I do see him in a role for this year to at least pass off the torch.
That is a pretty cool situation to be in. If I were in your shoes, I would be pretty geeked too.

I'm not in your shoes and think that Geno would've been better served going to a team like Jacksonville or KC with a MUCH less rabid media corps. Good luck to the kid and to you, my friend...
What does the media have to do with QB performance on the field?

Sanchez brought the team to two consecutive AFC championship games his first two seasons in the league with the same media. He has become a turnover machine the last two seasons, but the media has nothing to do with it. The o-line deteriorated and I trace his downfall back to a Sunday Night game in Baltimore, two seasons ago, where Mangold was also out and Sanchez got the life beat out of him and started throwing the ball up for grabs. He really hasn't been the same since.

Chad Pennington brought the team to the playoffs every season he stayed healthy. Vinny Testerverde had his best season of his career as a Jet. Browning Nagle, Kellen Clemmens and others failed, because they just weren't any good. The media had no affect on any of these QBs.

Geno Smith will suceed or fail on his own merits, it will have nothing to do with media scrutiny.
Pretty sure Fanatic is the Guy who Bought Hook Line and Sinker into the Naworki report and Draft reports that were complete 180's from Geno reports the rest of his life...

That's ok... .Ppl buy into that stuff...

To me, it was all meaningless - the Reports, the Draft over reactions - all of it, Well before he was a New York Jet...

All part of being Football fans...
Yet Geno is still doing some silly stuff. The stuff he did at the draft were supposed to be flukes and not really what this guy is all about. Then all the waffling about Jets West and then claiming he never got an invite.

And anyone who doesn't think the media scrutiny of NY has no affect on what happens on the field is fooling themselves..
Wow. He did nothing wrong at the draft. We have gone over this already.

And Jets West? What the heck did he do wrong with that? Nothing. That's what. He would have been wrong if he went to that crap.
I still think he handled not being drafted like a petulant child. But that's just me.

And he shouldn't have gotten together with the receivers and worked on timing? That couldn't possibly have helped his development, right? The receivers working with the guy who's job he is trying to take is a good thing for him? Maybe had he worked on that timing he would've only thrown 2 picks last night. The man love here for this guy by you is ridiculous.

Because he's not white?
:rolleyes:

Most NFL rookies flame out. That's a fact. Smith may or may not learn from his mistakes, but to simply ASSUME that he WILL learn from them is extremely naive, especially when you consider the long list of highly-drafted rookie QBs who failed to learn from their mistakes (Ryan Leaf, Joey Harrington, Matt Leinart, JaMarcus Russell, etc.).
But this is Geno Smith. He is impervious to the NY media, which really has no impact anyway, and he doesn't need time with the receivers to working on timing. He's Geno Smith and Mentos has a life-size poster of the guy over his bed. How he didn't go first overall is beyond belief!

TheFanatic said:
1st Jersey I bought in my life arrived......

#7 GENO SMITH.....

So much more excited for this season over last.. Rebuild year but, lots of battes and growth leading up to next year when they have Cap space and picks to make moves to shore up the offense around GENO!!!!

Record means little to me, i STILL say the Rex hot seat stuff is baloney connecting of dots and reports this week confirm that Idzik does not have full power to fire Rex this year - Like I said from the start, you don't blow it up, limit your GM search and then fire a HC based on W/L record in an obvious Rebuild year....

Don't even care if Geno starts right away - Let Sanchez take the Brunt of Tampa at home into New England on a short week to start the season and observe the weekly prep that goes on as well as media crap
Couple years from now you can get that same jersey at Marshalls for $10 after the Jets cut the guy. That dude is going to crash and burn so hard in NYC. The press is going to eat him alive, which will impact his play which will cause more of a feeding frenzy, rinse and repeat and Geno will be gone... And Rex is going to be gone sooner than that.
Hey, I've been a fan for 33+ years and never in my life have I watched a QB thru his college carrer and state that I'd give a lung for that guy to be my QB as I did back in October this year... And Get him... Jets never drafted a QB I wanted in my lifetime. (How freaking lucky are IND fans to have Peyton and then Luck fall in their laps... Jeez)

I consider myself ALL-IN.....

The beauty of it all though is technically the Jets are not All-In, with the New CBA and the fact that they got him in the 2nd when Peter King, everyone and their mother had him as top 10 lock in october.. he is CHEAP.

Like Idzik's old team Seattle kept going after QB's, IMO the Jets are free to draft another if need be and not be tied down to anything long term....

My Goal for this year is to at least see enough of Geno so the Jets can make an educated decision...

Sanchez is gone so, If they wind up with (lets just say) Bridgewater staring at them in the draft, I see no reason why they couldn't have Teddy and Geno compete and possibly trade one if need be... Or, next years draft seems deep at QB - Go for another in round 2,3,4????.

From where I sit - as the Guy getting talked off the cliff the past 2 years around here - I'm as happy with the direction of this team as I've been in a while... Never wanted Sanchez - But, I do see him in a role for this year to at least pass off the torch.
That is a pretty cool situation to be in. If I were in your shoes, I would be pretty geeked too.

I'm not in your shoes and think that Geno would've been better served going to a team like Jacksonville or KC with a MUCH less rabid media corps. Good luck to the kid and to you, my friend...
What does the media have to do with QB performance on the field?

Sanchez brought the team to two consecutive AFC championship games his first two seasons in the league with the same media. He has become a turnover machine the last two seasons, but the media has nothing to do with it. The o-line deteriorated and I trace his downfall back to a Sunday Night game in Baltimore, two seasons ago, where Mangold was also out and Sanchez got the life beat out of him and started throwing the ball up for grabs. He really hasn't been the same since.

Chad Pennington brought the team to the playoffs every season he stayed healthy. Vinny Testerverde had his best season of his career as a Jet. Browning Nagle, Kellen Clemmens and others failed, because they just weren't any good. The media had no affect on any of these QBs.

Geno Smith will suceed or fail on his own merits, it will have nothing to do with media scrutiny.
Pretty sure Fanatic is the Guy who Bought Hook Line and Sinker into the Naworki report and Draft reports that were complete 180's from Geno reports the rest of his life...

That's ok... .Ppl buy into that stuff...

To me, it was all meaningless - the Reports, the Draft over reactions - all of it, Well before he was a New York Jet...

All part of being Football fans...
Yet Geno is still doing some silly stuff. The stuff he did at the draft were supposed to be flukes and not really what this guy is all about. Then all the waffling about Jets West and then claiming he never got an invite.

And anyone who doesn't think the media scrutiny of NY has no affect on what happens on the field is fooling themselves..
Wow. He did nothing wrong at the draft. We have gone over this already.And Jets West? What the heck did he do wrong with that? Nothing. That's what. He would have been wrong if he went to that crap.
I still think he handled not being drafted like a petulant child. But that's just me.

And he shouldn't have gotten together with the receivers and worked on timing? That couldn't possibly have helped his development, right? The receivers working with the guy who's job he is trying to take is a good thing for him? Maybe had he worked on that timing he would've only thrown 2 picks last night. The man love here for this guy by you is ridiculous.
Mark Sanchez is not his employer. Smith attended OTAs and training camp.

Ilov80s said:
Mentos said:
Ilov80s said:
Mentos said:

Is the team good? No.

You have to judge each QB on their own merit. You can't compare the Geno situation to some of the other recent QBs. Russell Wilson completely outplayed Matt Flynn. Andrew Luck was the most NFL ready QB prospect in a decade and was the best QB through the preseason. RG3, he got the nod over another rookie and Rex Grossman because the staff believe RG3 was the best QB on the team. Colin Kaepernick waited a year behind Alex Smith because he wasn't ready. It worked out for both. I just think if there is doubt about who the best is, it is better to let the rookie develop more. Throw the veteran to the wolves.
If the two guys both suck and the veteran has no future with the team, then you go with the rookie. I think the team is 3-13 material no matter who starts. The team should fall into three wins just like the 1995 outfit. If Smith flops like Jimmy Clausen, then the Jets can draft Bridgewater (who is better than Smith) or Murray (who might be better than Smith) or Boyd (who might be better than Smith).

TheFanatic said:
Mr. Retukes said:
Mentos said:
Mr. Retukes said:
Mentos said:

Because he's not white?
:rolleyes: Most NFL rookies flame out. That's a fact. Smith may or may not learn from his mistakes, but to simply ASSUME that he WILL learn from them is extremely naive, especially when you consider the long list of highly-drafted rookie QBs who failed to learn from their mistakes (Ryan Leaf, Joey Harrington, Matt Leinart, JaMarcus Russell, etc.).
But this is Geno Smith. He is impervious to the NY media, which really has no impact anyway, and he doesn't need time with the receivers to working on timing. He's Geno Smith and Mentos has a life-size poster of the guy over his bed. How he didn't go first overall is beyond belief!
I am not 7 years old anymore. So no posters of players for me. I have low expectations because of the head coach and personnel. Whether he plays 4 games or 16, he will struggle this year. How badly he struggles and what the new head coach thinks of him will determine if he will be the starter in 2014.

Again, this Sanchez camp thing that gave you a boner is pathetic. It's like drafting a center #1 overall and having him go to a "camp" run by a Jon Koncak-type.

Ilov80s said:
Brutal. Just, absolutely, brutal. Feel terrible for my Jets friends. This organization appears to have lost all direction.
It's especially disappointing when you consider where the Jets were a few years ago. They had a young developing QB, the hottest coach and stout D that had made it to 2 consecutive AFC title games. Here were are 3 years later and everything is broken. I can't name one good thing about the Jets.
1) Cap Space is clear

2) No Long Term Comittment to an Average QB (Sanchez gone) - Either Geno is the man or they draft another

3) Tannenbaum is Gone- Guy was a wreck - Recent drafts are why we are here

BOTTOM LINE - It's a rebuilding year.... Ppl need to stop "Worrying about Jet fan friends".. LAST YEAR was the year to be sad (Cap Hell, Revis Hostage, Sanchez Guaranteed)... This entire year is simply about developing Geno and deciding wether they need to draft a Franchise QB...

This entire league is ALL about having a Franchise QB!!!!!

As much as I stood by Rex and think he's a fine coach for a team with some talent, I'm fine with whatever happens to him As long as the NYJ find a Franchise QB... And yeah, stupid to play Sanchez BUT, big picture He is NOT going to be with this team next year so, IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER!!!!!! Don't waste your time reading another woe is he, Sanchez article.

People need to stop Wallowing in the NY Beat writer Overzealous Narative and Step Back.

Yeah, it's a Rebuilding year.... W/L Means little...

GENO OR DRAFT A QB...

Simple as that....

Also - If Rex is Gone and this team has a top Draft pick with Clear Cap space........... ALL OF A SUDDEN, that whole narrative of "No Top Coaches want to come to a team in Cap Hell with Sanchez Locked in"... Is GONE....

IMO, for a Head Coaching Candidate, A team with a choice of Geno or Any QB in this Deep QB Class with the basis of a Good Defense and GREAT Cap situation is a Pretty good Opportunity.... At the very least MUCH better than it's been portrayed in recent years!

Ilov80s said:
FreeBaGeL said:

Yeah,

Well. except Sanchez is done in NY and if anything would be a Hold the Fort guy for this year anyway on a Team not challenging for the Super Bowl, so he arguably has less stock than Mallet, Foles or Osweiller who may be needed and/or teams need to show off for Trade Value.

Just glad I gave up my Jets season tickets this season. Will still be a huge fan, just won't cost me any more money for the "privilege" of watching them at MetLife.

Just glad I gave up my Jets season tickets this season. Will still be a huge fan, just won't cost me any more money for the "privilege" of watching them at MetLife.
Ha!

I never go to games... Too far, Too Expensive, Too much at home to take care of.....

I actually feel like going this year!!!!

My Long term Perspective of this team is a bit different than many though -

To me, Last year was the suck with just a prayer that Tanny and Sanchez would be gone and the Cap could be fixed...

All that is done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This year, is the Start of a Rebuild / Geno development / search for Franchise QB....

It will also be fun to keep an eye on NCAA games and QB's so, like last year when I enjoyed following Geno, I'll know what I'm talking about instead of latching on to some ridiculous media hype like Naworki as my main point of reference. :rollseyes:

The Jets were moving to Smith anyway, that's why they started him in PS Game 3.

So let's just get on with it. Sanchez will heal up in a few weeks. If he's out longer, the Jets should trade for Grossman as a backup, or bring back McElroy, while they still can just in case.

The Jets were moving to Smith anyway, that's why they started him in PS Game 3.

So let's just get on with it. Sanchez will heal up in a few weeks. If he's out longer, the Jets should trade for Grossman as a backup, or bring back McElroy, while they still can just in case.
YUP, Like i said all along....

People, especially the Mob of Jets fans who HATE Sanchez need to forget his name..... His name is meaningless for the future of the NYJ's....

Call him "Hold the Fort Guy" Call him "Skippy"........ they were stuck with him and he was here instead of spending resources on Kolb, Henne, Leinhart or any other Hold the Fort JAG......

Sanchez was played in the 4th Qrtr and got hurt..... AWWEEEEEEEEE..... Who the hell cares and why??????

Best thing of all this is Gov Chris Christie calling Manish Mehta "THE DOPE"

Mentos said:

Is the team good? No.

I know Sanchez has become a walking meme for most people but the reality is that he is the best thing they have offensively. Very sad but true. The Jets have somehow managed to assemble an offense devoid of any talent and the sideshow of this QB battle only distracts from that fact. That the Jets have been a cusp playoff team over the last few years actually makes me wonder if Sanchez might be a halfway decent QB under different circumstances...(think Alex Smith pre-Harbaugh).

I don't know who is actually better, but if you really believe that Geno has all the upside, why send him in there to get his head bashed in every Sunday behind an awful line?

Sanchez needs to go to Green Bay or New Orleans and just take the pressure off and learn how a real franchise runs. Ryan destroyed his career. He needs to gtfo of New York.

Mr. Retukes said:
Mentos said:
Mr. Retukes said:
Mentos said:

Because he's not white?
... QBs who failed to learn from their mistakes (Ryan Leaf, Joey Harrington, Matt Leinart, JaMarcus Russell, etc.).
... Rob Johnson, JP Losman, Trent Edwards, Ryan Fitzpatrick... :wall:

I know I'm an interloper but not pouring salt here even if I :popcorn: the Jets situation.

I think Sanchez should be catching a lot more hell for getting himself injured. As I understand it, he held the ball too long on that play and didn't throw it away. More damning though is the fact that he wasn't prepared to play. Unless a coach specifically told him that he wasn't going to play at all he should have been getting ready just in case. In fact if he's really trying to be the #1 QB he should've been begging for the chance to play.

I think there are enough serviceable band-aid QBs out there that you can just sign rather than giving away even a low-value pick for someone like Grossman. A 6th or 7th rounder doesn't appear to have much value, but good drafting teams find guys there - if you're to break the cycle the pick should be kept. The margin between a Grossman and, say, a Skelton isn't all that much and given what the team is trying to do you keep the pick IMO.

There is zero trade value for Sanchez at this point. That contract is still an albatross. If he's cut would somebody sign him and give him a shot? Sure. But right now is career upside is probably David Carr.

Rex is fighting for his life, it's true, but the big problem for him is that if he has many more blow-ups like this teams might think twice of taking him even as a coordinator (unless they give him pretty strict 'shut-up' type orders). He should be a DC somewhere, he's certainly talented enough. The road back to another head coaching gig would be long though and made longer the more volatile his is.

-QG

what a disaster....aptly named thread....dumb to put Sanchez in at the end but the Jets know what they have in Sanchez....I figured they would play Sanchez week 1 and 2 with a switch made after getting creamed by NE.....doesn't really matter - they are not a playoff team this year...only job is to find young players that are keepers especially at QB....Jets D will be good enough to keep them out of a top 5 pick so developing the youngsters is the goal and they have a lot of cash next year to make a jump....Geno is the key though so why not play him.

I know I'm an interloper but not pouring salt here even if I :popcorn: the Jets situation.

I think Sanchez should be catching a lot more hell for getting himself injured. As I understand it, he held the ball too long on that play and didn't throw it away. ....

After watching that play in-game and in-highlight you'd have to think Jets have seen plenty enough of that. I believe that was Cumberland who was wide open on the sideline and Sanchez.... just .... couldn't... decide to throw. Even if the DB was close enough to cover then yes, just scrap the play and throw it out of bounds. Pfft.

17 rounds 12 teams live draft

2 jets taken

and one of those was an insane stretch (someone grabbed Geno)

that's a bad team

Users who are viewing this thread