What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

New York Mets pitcher tested positive for steroids (1 Viewer)

Footballguy
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=jp-i...=yhoo&type=lgns

New York Mets minor-league pitcher Yusaku Iriki has been suspended for 50 games after testing positive for performance-enhancing drugs, becoming the first player exposed to the harsher penalties Major League Baseball instituted this offseason, a source told Yahoo! Sports Friday.

Iriki, who signed a one-year, $750,000 deal this offseason, will serve the longest steroid-related major-league suspension. It stems from testing done while he was with the Mets in spring training.

The 5-foot-9, 175-pound Iriki, currently pitching for Triple-A Norfolk, becomes the first Japanese player suspended for a positive steroid test at the major-league level and the 13th since baseball began doling out suspensions last season.

Ten players have been suspended under minor-league testing this season.

Iriki, who was taken off the Mets' 40-man roster on April 18, remained in the organization and has pitched well. He is 1-2 with a 3.74 ERA and has struck out 24 batters in 21 2/3 innings.

The right-hander was considered a possible replacement if the injured Brian Bannister can't pitch for the Mets, who are in first place in the National League East.

Pitchers on steroids. What a shame. I think all the stats of the pitchers in the steroid era should have astericks next to them. Power pitchers during the era should have their stats wiped out and not be allowed in the Hall of Fame.

Pitchers on steroids. What a shame. I think all the stats of the pitchers in the steroid era should have astericks next to them. Power pitchers during the era should have their stats wiped out and not be allowed in the Hall of Fame.
And OJ should be allowed to golf.

Oddly enough, is punishment is simply to learn to stay "steroids" correctly. I ask you, is this justice? :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread