What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NFC Championship Thread-Carolina@Philly (1 Viewer)

As a neutral observer I'd like to see D Foster have a big game (keeper league owner). However I'm not optimistic, and I've got a feeling he'll rush for something like 55 yards on 16 carries.

As a neutral observer I'd like to see D Foster have a big game (keeper league owner). However I'm not optimistic, and I've got a feeling he'll rush for something like 55 yards on 16 carries.
Yeah me too, I love how the kid runs. Its exciting and I'm looking to get a solid sleeper in my re-draft next year.

Booing the singer of the national anthem. :rolleyes: Really classy, Philly, real classy. You've outdone yourself this time.

I feel Carolina matches up very well with the Eagles. They can shut down and contain the offense, and can run the ball vs the Eagles.However, any given Sunday.

Tough to root against McNabb; I just rode him and LT2 to a title this year.But I've got to pull for the dog here, and Carolina is as big a Cinderella as we've seen in years.Jake and Smith make a couple of key connections, and Carolina's defense blankets Philly's dirty WRs. 16-13 Panthers....

Last edited by a moderator:
We know how this game is going when the play-by-play guy on TV just refers to the Panthers' punter as a "powerful weapon". The NFL is going downhill. TOO. MUCH. DEFENSE. :sleep:

The NFL is going downhill. TOO. MUCH. DEFENSE. :sleep:
If somebody searches last week's Colts - Chiefs game thread, will they find any comments by you saying something like "these playoff teams just can't play defense"? Your opinions change as fast as a windstocking in a tornado.

In a game of 4 possessions and 4 punts, we make first downs by fumbling it and then recovering ahead of the marker.

If somebody searches last week's Colts - Chiefs game thread, will they find any comments by you saying something like "these playoff teams just can't play defense"? Your opinions change as fast as a windstocking in a tornado.
So? We're down to the final three teams and they all are defensive in nature with decent to mediocre offenses. Don't forget, this is a copycat league. GMs will be looking at the trends and ALL want to build teams like this. The NFL could start to suck really fast.

So? We're down to the final three teams and they all are defensive in nature with decent to mediocre offenses. Don't forget, this is a copycat league. GMs will be looking at the trends and ALL want to build teams like this. The NFL could start to suck really fast.
Building great defenses to do really well in the playoffs is nothing new. The saying in pretty much every sport is defense wins championships.

McNabb knee? The reason this will be an "under" for the pages is that Eagles fans WATCH THEIR TEAM rather than sit at the 'puter.I happen to be working and surfing while watching TV, and I'm not a fan of any team that's alive, but eagles fans are, guaranteed, glued to their set.

Building great defenses to do really well in the playoffs is nothing new. The saying in pretty much every sport is defense wins championships.
That's a nice saying, but hardly true. Offense won championships in the 1990s in the NFL. But that's definitely changed now. The other side of that phrase that IS true is offense sells tickets. Casual fans don't typically look at a good defense and appreciate it - they interpret it as poor offense. If this trend continues, I would NOT be surprised at all to see the NFL's popularity begin to slump. edit: Fans don't get excited to see a duel of punters, nor Jake Delhomme vs Quincy Carter.

Nice of that guy to dive in and headbutt McNabb in the sack after he was down.
Might have been nice for the refs to blow the play dead, too. Not sure what the Panther LB was supposed to do when McNabb is sitting there and nobody's whistling the play down.

Might have been nice for the refs to blow the play dead, too. Not sure what the Panther LB was supposed to do when McNabb is sitting there and nobody's whistling the play down.
Exactly, it wasn't blown dead until he was just about on top of him. Collinsworth is a moron for saying he jumped on him 3 seconds after the whistle....... :rolleyes:

I'm adjusting the o/u from 11 to 7.This game, and subsequently, this thread, sucks. :thumbdown:

I like the gameplan by the Panthers. Contain McNabb and let him try to beat you with his arm. He simply isn't an accomplished passer and is kinda being exposed in this game. But we'll see if he steps up in the second half.

I like the gameplan by the Panthers. Contain McNabb and let him try to beat you with his arm. He simply isn't an accomplished passer and is kinda being exposed in this game. But we'll see if he steps up in the second half.
I think the biggest problem with the team is they don't have any playmakers BESIDES McNabb. Now he's hobbled, and they have very little life remaining.

Users who are viewing this thread