What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NFCC***San Francisco at Philadelphia*** (-2.5, 46). Eagles 31-7 (1 Viewer)

Add in the time/space continuuim. If Shanahan challenges, the play Purdy got hurt on may never happen. I know you can only take that logic so far, but it's kind of true.
Kind of true? The injury 100% does not happen if Shanahan throws the red flag.

The play Brock got injured on - on that yardline, with that down and distance, and that play call, never happens. Maybe a different injury happens later, maybe not.

THAT is the most frustrating thing about today. Completely avoidable situation. And now we will never know, and the 2022 49ers wont be remembered for anything other than Purdys nice audition that ended with a possible career altering injury against the Eagles.

Its complete horse ****.
The catch looked clean on the replays shown before they ran the next play. Just the way Smith reacted had me yelling at Shannahan through my TV to challenge. Plain stupid

Was pretty sickened when they played the angle showing it wasn't a catch. Down 7-0 vs having the ball at the 40.

I think PHI matches up well with KC. SF has more elite skill position players. Bradberry/Slay won't have any trouble with Smith-Schuster/Toney and co. Pachecho isn't going to get space with the DL. It will be the Mahomes/Kelce show.....and if PHI can even remotely slow Kelce.....:fonzie: "Heeeeeeyyyyyy".

CIN will provide a tougher matchup; with Chase and Higgins..... But even then, I don't know if Mixon can move against the Line....nor do I think CIN's line can even remotely slow that Birds pass rush. Burrow will have to deal with being put on his butt 6+ times to get that win.

I don't think either of those D's even remotely as good as SFs....so PHI will be able to play more of their game. One thing about KC and CIN though; PHI thrives on getting up a team and just pounding them. Both KC and CIN could come back from 28 if they had to. So they aren't going to lose much of their playbook falling behind early.
As a Philly fan, I'd rather Cinci any day. They will get a ton of pressure on Burrow. Mahomes will magically whisk himself around the field, throwing to Kelce who is also somehow wide open.
How does this keep happening over and over again?

I think PHI matches up well with KC. SF has more elite skill position players. Bradberry/Slay won't have any trouble with Smith-Schuster/Toney and co. Pachecho isn't going to get space with the DL. It will be the Mahomes/Kelce show.....and if PHI can even remotely slow Kelce.....:fonzie: "Heeeeeeyyyyyy".

CIN will provide a tougher matchup; with Chase and Higgins..... But even then, I don't know if Mixon can move against the Line....nor do I think CIN's line can even remotely slow that Birds pass rush. Burrow will have to deal with being put on his butt 6+ times to get that win.

I don't think either of those D's even remotely as good as SFs....so PHI will be able to play more of their game. One thing about KC and CIN though; PHI thrives on getting up a team and just pounding them. Both KC and CIN could come back from 28 if they had to. So they aren't going to lose much of their playbook falling behind early.
As a Philly fan, I'd rather Cinci any day. They will get a ton of pressure on Burrow. Mahomes will magically whisk himself around the field, throwing to Kelce who is also somehow wide open.
How does this keep happening over and over again?
They are both first ballot HOF’ers.

Can't have this type of concussion protocol without letting teams roster an extra QB IMO
Confused by this take. Teams can roster as many game day QBs as they want to. A handful of teams DO keep 3 active on gameday. Most don't.....why?....because if they need that 3rd guy in a pinch on game day, after he's had no reps all week...they know they lost anyway

Lately these weird things that happen in playoff games change rules - ala OT adjustment after KC/BUF last year.

I’m wondering out loud if the arm/elbow hits we’ve been seeing to Dak’s thumb back in the day, but now to Purdy’s elbow in this game and even the hit to Johnson’s elbow that partly led to him falling back and getting a concussion is the moment.

We know they protect QBs. Might this be the beginning of throwing arm for QB ala plant leg for a punter penalty next year?
God I hope not. Qb's are already wrapped in bubble wrap. Takes far too much away from how a D can play if they can't even try to block a pass or hit an ARM

Not piling on but coaching did make a significant difference. Shanahan not challenging the Smith catch can be excused, but is made even worse after siriani has the cajones to throw challenge flag that was overturned into a fumble In That 1st quarter.
in my opinion his arm had just started to go forward. its physics the ball went like 6 yards forward if his arm was moving backwards and his arm was hit the ball would either just drop or go backwards. explain how that hitting of arm from right to left made the ball move forward if purdys arm was not moving somewhat forward.??
That was clearly a fumble.
i understand you think that but i asked to explain how the ball went 6 yard forward if it was
Dude.....the ball came out, and when Purdy's arm snapped back forward he hit the ball WITH HIS FOREARM.

Was brutally clear on replay, and the faact the ball went forward as it did was the whole REASON they needed to go to replay. This one was an easy reverse on review

Users who are viewing this thread