What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NFL Draft - Your team (1 Viewer)

Jayded

Footballguy
I love reading all of the mocks this time of year, but often see similar comments from fans in each : “My (team) would draft him. We need (position)!”

So, I’m curious for all of those fans how we can flip the script:

Who’s your team?

What is the one position or player you really covet for them this year?

What is the one position or player you really hope they don’t draft with important picks this year?

No, let’s not aim for a list of 30 names, but handfuls of names if you name a player or few. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Jets

Love to see them draft OL, WR at 4, 10

Do not want S, Kyle Hamilton

Denver Broncos:

Unless a stud ILB falls to them unexpectedly, draft OLine and try and become dominant there.

Niners

“With the 10th pick in the NFL draft, traded from the NY jets for Deebo Samuel, the 49ers select Garret Wilson, WR, Ohio State Buckeyes”

Then we just need to figure out what to do with the other 2 2022 picks we get in the package. 🤔 

Texans

With 3 and 13 one MUST be a weapon, not both linemen. I really want 3 to be either OL/DE and 13 to be one of the WRs this year (London, Williams). 

I do not want to see a DB that high even though I’m a huge fan of the guys who’ll go in that range. We need too much and we all know at least one is an OL/DL so that second needs to be a weapon, not a DB. Also, no projects. The Texans have a really bad habit of thinking they’re so smart drafting that “maybe could” guy with too high of a pick thinking they can develop him and especially so at OL. That scared me about who they might pick at 3. 

Why?

Mills might be the answer, but if not we are hopefully in range of Stroud/Young next year. Whether Mills is or isn’t the answer and we go that route, our QB of the future needs weapons. Cooks may be underrated, but im not sold as our WR1. Cooks, Collins, Jordan aren’t scoring anyone so we need to get a top end talent like we did drafting Andre Johnson and DeAndre Hopkins. 

I’d also point out that the significant Texans drop off came via Hopkins, not Watson or JJ. The team fell off a cliff without weapons and remained flat despite Watson/JJ. 

My “dream” draft for Tennessee:

Round 1: No. 26 - Linderbaum but he won’t be there. Trade down if possible with value. If they stay put, Zion Johnson or Kenyon green. Would also accept Nakobe Dean or Sky Moore.  Basically BPA with the ability to contribute early  

Round 3: No. 90 - Isaiah likely, TE

Round 4: No. 131 - corner or OL (Rosenthal from Kentucky has been mocked here, sounds good)

Round 4: No. 143 - see above, let’s go Josh Jobe from the tide for corner depth

Round 5: No. 169 - with these two picks let’s assume they didn’t get Moore and take WRs who can also play special teams.  Isaiah Weston from Northern Iowa

Round 6: No. 204 - Jalen Tolbert, WR, South Alabama - or not, if he’s rated higher than I thought.  🤷

Round 6: No. 219 - Aqeel Glass, QB Alabama A&M 

Bears: Please don't go into the season with Byron Pringle as the #2 WR. Please don't draft a combine warrior like Watson or Pierce. Take Moore, or Pickens. 

Washington: Don't draft a DE or DL in the first we have enough 1st rounders there already!! WR would be my preference in the 1st, and if a good QB falls in the 2nd take one, otherwise CB/S/LB. I actually like our TE group (yes Thomas is older, but a lot of youth with upside in Bates and Reyes I'd like to see developed instead of drafting over) 

Texans

With 3 and 13 one MUST be a weapon, not both linemen. I really want 3 to be either OL/DE and 13 to be one of the WRs this year (London, Williams). 

I do not want to see a DB that high even though I’m a huge fan of the guys who’ll go in that range. We need too much and we all know at least one is an OL/DL so that second needs to be a weapon, not a DB. Also, no projects. The Texans have a really bad habit of thinking they’re so smart drafting that “maybe could” guy with too high of a pick thinking they can develop him and especially so at OL. That scared me about who they might pick at 3. 

Why?

Mills might be the answer, but if not we are hopefully in range of Stroud/Young next year. Whether Mills is or isn’t the answer and we go that route, our QB of the future needs weapons. Cooks may be underrated, but im not sold as our WR1. Cooks, Collins, Jordan aren’t scoring anyone so we need to get a top end talent like we did drafting Andre Johnson and DeAndre Hopkins. 

I’d also point out that the significant Texans drop off came via Hopkins, not Watson or JJ. The team fell off a cliff without weapons and remained flat despite Watson/JJ. 
As a rival looking in, I think you’re right on here. I’m hoping y’all get like 5 or 6 wins (how about 2 against the colts and the other wins outside the division) and Mills looks competent. 

please god no.

signed

- guy who’s drafting both Stroud & Young in dynasty SF 
Watson was a top 5 QB in Houston so I wouldn’t worry too much. This fan base is owed a franchise guy, especially since the administration ran off the only one we’ve ever had. 

My fear with Mills is he’s our Kirk Cousins, routinely doing just enough to keep the job but never being that super elevating guy. 

Watson was a top 5 QB in Houston so I wouldn’t worry too much. This fan base is owed a franchise guy, especially since the administration ran off the only one we’ve ever had. 

My fear with Mills is he’s our Kirk Cousins, routinely doing just enough to keep the job but never being that super elevating guy. 
Basically what 1/3 of the league has and better than another 1/3. 

Raiders: no 1st or 2nd round picks due to the Adams trade. We already get an A+ grade forthe 2022 draft ;)

3rd round and beyond…

prefer: Some mix of RT, DT, LB and then DB depth, OL depth 
Avoid: all other positions, especially QB and RB, but late RBs for depth and/or special teams is something that wouldn’t surprise me. 

Patriots. I don't know where the strengths of this class lie or how the picks will play out. 

They have 21, 54, 85, 127, 158, 170, 200, 210

If there's a stud LB at 21, that would be my top priority. CB or OL after that.

Guessing that we end up with 2 each at OLine, CB, LB, with some mid to late WR, late RB and maybe a punter. Because Belichick. EDIT need a NT too.

Lions 

would love to see them trade down a bit between 6-10 and pick up some additional picks. -Maybe Carolina wants to move up? - Then draft one of the CBs. 

Do not want Hutchinson, but that’s probably who they will take if he’s there.

Caveats: a) I'm not smart or informed enough to put names to who I think the Ravens will draft; b) for this exercise, I'm assuming they make no trades involving picks (I think they will, though).

Baltimore is sitting on 10 picks: 1-1st, 1-2nd, 2-3rds (1 is a comp), 5-4ths (1 or 2 a comp), and either a 6th or 7th.

1st Rounder will probably be either CB or Edge. If those positions get run before the Ravens pick at 14, I could see either DT or OT. I'm thinking Edge is most likely if the draft plays out like most of the mocks I've seen.

2nd will be either CB, Edge, or OT - sans what they took at #14.

I believe their own 3rd will be whichever of those 3 positions above they haven't grabbed yet. The comp pick in that round, I'm thinking another CB(or a DT if they haven't taken one yet).

4th, some combo of pass-catching TE, RB, OL, ILB, and either a 2nd DB, another Edge guy, or a DT.

No clue on the last pick - they usually take developmental guys they can slide into STs early on before seeing if they can make a O/D contributor out of them. They may also take a punter somewhere in there, as Sam Koch is 400 years old.

So, I'm thinking: 2 CBs/2 Edge/2 OL/TE/2 DT/RB/ILB/DB (or WR or P).

In the eyes of many Baltimore fans, Eric De Costa has been a disappointment at GM after Newsome retired (they forget that he basically ran their drafts for a decade before Ozzie left). I'm not as critical, but this is a really important draft for him. Like a lot of good teams, the Ravens' roster (& staff) gets picked over pretty well come the FA period. Baltimore has spent a ton of money recently trying to keep who they could and still have The Lamar Thing hanging out there, which makes the draft that much more important. They have a ton of holes to fill and it needs to be done cheaply.

Vikings:

If they stay at 12, I'm hoping for a CB that they have top 10 (overall) rated. If not, then I would like a trade back: ideally would like to trade with KC to get the two firsts (#29 and #30). I think they need to get a corner in the first two rounds, but think 12 is too high for anyone not named Gardner or Stingley (possibly Booth but I'm trusting NFL teams over me). 

I would not be upset if Hamilton dropped to them. 

I don't think they need to draft a WR but if Jameson somehow drops to #12, I would be excited if they drafted him - I think he is the only "sure thing" at WR in this draft.

I think interior OL is strong in the late 1st - 3rd rounds so I hope they can get one of those early.

daveR said:
Browns

Covet:  Future #1 draft pick.

Please don't draft:  A DT with no explosiveness (a clogger).
A day 3 clogger would be fine, but I'm not worried about these guys adding one of those prior. They value premium positions and age so young pass rushers and pass catchers are what I expect early. 

As a Viking fan, I fell most comfortable with Jermaine Johnson or Sauce Gardiner at 12 (even though he won't be there). 

I think I have Matt Kalil syndrome: I don't trust when scouts say that players are blue chip and shouldn't question them.  I just feel that way about Drake London, Derek Stingley and Kyle Hamilton. 

On draft night, the Dolphins will be watching Tyreek Hill highlights. 

I don't want Grier to trade up into rounds 1 or 2 using draft capital from 2023, as some have speculated. He been good at trade downs, but mostly bad on trade ups. Plus, 2023 is full of good QBs, although it will be hard to match the OT and DE talent.

Late 3rd, middle 4th, and two in the 7th:

Best available player, hoping in the 3rd and 4th for a LB such as Troy Anderson (Montana State converted QB, RB, athletic freak)  or Channing Tindall (Georgia). 

Dallas Cowboys:

#24 -  Tyler Linderbaum (Center), (Guards) Zion Johnson or Kenyon Green
We lost Connor Williams to the Miami Dolphins, not that he ever really played well for Dallas anyway and we have struggled at Center since the retirement of Frederick.

#56 - Christian Watson (WR) or Nik Bonnito (Edge)
I'd prefer an edge rusher here.  Everyone seems worried about the Cowboys WR group, but I think Simi Fehoko is going to surprise some people?

#88 - Damone Clark (LB), Dylan Parham, Tyler Smith (Guards), Sean Rhyan (OT/Guard)
We have Terrance Steele moving to RT and have limited depth for Tyron Smith, who consistently gets hurt but the least we could do is to shore up the interior - maybe Rhyan ends up being a tweener and can kill two birds with one stone?

After that -

I would like to see WR, CB, S, LB and DT addressed.  

Our offensive line is a far cry from one of the most dominant in the NFL, which some analysts still say.  We are rarely healthy and middling group when we are... In the coming years, we will need to address Tyron Smith and Zach Martin's replacement too.  

Users who are viewing this thread