What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

nfl fans petition nfl to have GWAR do super bowl halftime show (1 Viewer)

Wilfredo Ledezma

Footballguy
http://m.wjrr.com/articles/rock-news-104648/fans-petition-nfl-to-make-gwar-11660953/

Posted Tuesday, September 17th 2013 @ 1pm

Listen to GWAR on iHeartRadio

A devoted GWAR fan is trying to put the costume-wearing heavy metal act on one of the world's biggest stages - the Super Bowl.

Jeff Cantrell of Kentucky has started a Change.org petition urging the National Football League to let the band perform at the 2015 Super Bowl Halftime Show. He argues that GWAR has one of music's strongest relationships with the sport, noting that frontman Dave Brockie writes a football column for MetalSucks.com and "Sports Illustrated" has even suggested GWAR would make great mascots.

More than 17,000 people have already signed the online petition, which has a goal of 25,000 before it will be sent to the NFL's Senior Vice President of Communications, Greg Aiello.

Meanwhile, GWAR's latest studio effort arrives in stores today. Battle Maximus is the band's 13th release overall and the first since the death of guitarist Cory Smoot back in November 2011.

Photo Credit Getty Images

COMMENTS

:headbang:

Does gwar open for for Bruno Mars?

https://www.change.org/petitions/the-national-football-league-allow-gwar-to-perform-the-2015-super-bowl-halftime-show

Change.org Brian C. Logout

The National Football League: Allow GWAR to perform the 2015 Super Bowl Halftime Show

The National Football League: Allow GWAR to perform the 2015 Super Bowl Halftime Show

SIGNATURES

PETITIONING

Greg Aiello, Senior Vice President of Communications for the NFL

STARTED BY

Jeff CantrellJeff Cantrell

Overview

The time for GWAR to address the nation is NOW.

Every year people complain about who the halftime show is going to feature, now we are telling you who we want: WE WANT GWAR in 2015!

Why should articles like "Bruno Mars Announced For Super Bowl Halftime Show, Gwar Waits Until Next Year (Again)" (from Screen Junkies) be a joke?

We don't want another year of sitting around talking through a muted, boring NFL Super Bowl halftime show. We want something different. We want a real spectacle that only GWAR can provide. Doesn't the NFL want more viewers? Don't advertisers want more people paying attention? This way everyone wins.

Plus, GWAR's relationship with American football is one of the strongest in music. Front man Dave Brockie writes a football column for MetalSucks.com called "Necessary Roughness" even the "The Dan Patrick Show" has an Oderous mask on display. It's been suggested by Sports Illustrated that GWAR should become mascots!

NFL must listen to the people. GWAR is more American than apple pie.

Please sign, share, and show your support.

Letter +

Allow GWAR to perform the 2015 Super Bowl Halftime Show.

Sign

Desktop Site

© 2013, Change.org Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone who thinks this is possible is out of touch with reality and society. Not to mention this group is not suitable for TV.

The common sense is weak in anyone who supports this or thinks this is going to happen.

To be fair, watching the Redskins in person this season has probably been worse in some ways than two ounces to the face at a bad concert. So.

I think the NFL should pass a resolution that every SB performer should be able to at least play a musical instrument. This should narrow the list fairly quickly.

This obviously would never happen but GWAR would be far better than the garbage they have been rolling with.

Anyone who thinks this is possible is out of touch with reality and society. Not to mention this group is not suitable for TV.

The common sense is weak in anyone who supports this or thinks this is going to happen.
I once read a review of a GWAR album that said, "This album is not for everyone. In fact, some of the songs are not for anyone."

I once read a review of a GWAR album that said, "This album is not for everyone. In fact, some of the songs are not for anyone."
Yeah. I read one that said something like "What day did God make Gwar and couldn't he have rested on that day too?"

Gwar obviously isn't going to perform but I could see them having Taylor Swift do some Gwar covers, maybe also a medley with some people from Glee.

Yeah. I read one that said something like "What day did God make Gwar and couldn't he have rested on that day too?"
You read a review that plagiarized "Spinal Tap"?

Users who are viewing this thread