What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NFL fines Zeke for.....donating and raising awareness for charity? (1 Viewer)

ShamrockPride

Footballguy
Wtf??

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-reportedly-fines-ezekiel-elliott-13k-after-he-celebrated-td-with-21-donation-to-salvation-army/

Man, if I already didn't give the NFL any money outside of the time I spend Sundays watching it, I'd cut off all my purchasing from them. How petty can they get? Dude didn't even get flagged during game for it either.

Kinda makes this current My Cause, My Cleat thing look like exactly what it is. Fake. At least for the league.
:goodposting:

The NFL seems to have a hard-on for Mr Elliott

I generally don't give a rip about the fines and all that stuff but this is genuinely ridiculous. 

Even if (and I have no idea if it is) technically against a rule, like props or whatever, this is just a bad decision.

"Unsportsmanlike conduct, you keep using that word. I do not think you know what it means"

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess they consider it a prop, but this seems like a pretty easy case to make an exception for.

The worst part is the donation on the field was symbolic of an even larger donation he was giving later so he basically got flagged for donating $21,000 to charity.

I guess on the bright side all NFL fines are donated to charity as well but still.

They probably fined him because he’s a multi-millionaire and he gave $21.00 the cheap Ewok. He’s a great player but his toolish actions makes most non Cowboys fans hate him. 

Rules are rules. That simple
Honestly how many rules are that simple?

I can't think of many beyond the most egregious like say - don't murder people - that don't get bent, or even ignored in many contexts.  Certainly not a single rule in football seems "that simple".  The most "simple" rules even seem complicated.. what is a catch?  legal tackle?

They probably fined him because he’s a multi-millionaire and he gave $21.00 the cheap Ewok. He’s a great player but his toolish actions makes most non Cowboys fans hate him. 
I'm thinking you should get your facts straight on how much he gave.  Then you might realize how silly the rest of this post sounds in context.

I'll help ya out:

After the game, Elliott and Prescott pledged $21,000 donations to the Salvation Army, which the Cowboys have matched.

Outside of his awesome feed-me gesture, the guy is quiet and all business on the field. Not sure what you’re referring to.

I'm thinking you should get your facts straight on how much he gave.  Then you might realize how silly the rest of this post sounds in context.

I'll help ya out:
Thanks man. I missed that during the game which I think is when the fine was imposed. 

But so we are clear, my post was mostly a joke. The NFL fines the stupidest crap, pretty sure most fans get that. 

My joke was, the fine was for only donating $21.00, not stroking a check for $$$$ amount. These guys make millions and any charity donations help the taxes, so not shocked at how much any player gives. 

With his past behavioral issues, his ladies half-shirts, and stupid feed me shtick, he's a hard guy to like. Probably for the commissioner too. 

The league is reactive, not pro-active. It starts with the ####### at the top. How does that clown justify his ridiculous salary. You could get someone to do just as good a job if not better for a lot less. Instead of looking like a ########, Goddell could put the Salvation Army bucket, wave fines for props, in every stadium that week and do something with jumping in for donations. Maybe even donate from their vast billions towards every TD if the player hops in it. Yeah, I came up with that in about 10 seconds with no need for a bunch of 2 hour meetings.

What would you have preferred during the game?  That he pull a check already filled out for 21K?? Or a roll of 21 $1000 bills :lol:

What would you have preferred during the game?  That he pull a check already filled out for 21K?? Or a roll of 21 $1000 bills :lol:
That would have been impressive to pull out a wad of bills equal to $21,000. They have not made $1000.00 bills in a long time, so that would have been even cooler. :)

The NFL sent a memo out to the league AND the salvation army. See...in other year's Elliot and some others have done this.

The gist of the memo is of the NFL's support for the salvation army and for players to do so any time NOT during a game

The NFL didn't fine other players in prior weeks and this prompted the memo out to everyone

Elliot was "wise" and decided to put Dak in the bucket like haha I didn't do it, he did. 

Users who are viewing this thread