What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NFL History Trivia (1 Viewer)

Mike Herman

Footballguy
I don't feel like working at the moment.

As always, play fair (no cheating)

1. The longest non-scoring play in NFL history was a 98 yard pass. Who were the QB and WR on the play?

2. Who was the U.S. President when Tom Landry became the coach of the Cowboys, and who was President when Landry was fired?

3. In 1964, DE Jim Marshall returned a fumble all the way (66 yards). Why do we care?

4. What football related song went to #41 on the Billboard Charts?

5. The record for interceptions by a defender in one season is 14. Who holds that record?

6. The 1944 Bears record was 6-3-1, and they scored 258 points. What was noteworthy about their point total?

I don't feel like working at the moment.As always, play fair (no cheating)3. In 1964, DE Jim Marshall returned a fumble all the way (66 yards). Why do we care?
He ran the wrong way.
4. What football related song went to #41 on the Billboard Charts?
Superbowl Shuffle.

1. The longest non-scoring play in NFL history was a 98 yard pass. Who were the QB and WR on the play?
Was'nt Champ Baily's INT return last year 100 yards ?? :confused:

Was'nt Champ Baily's INT return last year 100 yards ?? :confused:
Good point. Let's qualify the question as longest offensive play.

6. The 1944 Bears record was 6-3-1, and they scored 258 points. What was noteworthy about their point total?
I don't know what's up with the point total, but Bears QB Sid Luckman ended the season with -96 rushing yards.

2. Eisenhower was President when he was hired and GHW Bush the President when he was fired.

5. I think "Night Train" Lane holds the record

Last edited by a moderator:
2. Eisenhower was President when he was hired and GHW Bush the President when he was fired.

5. I think "Night Train" Lane holds the record
correct and correct... Lane's INT record is even more impressive considering it was a 12 game schedule at that time (1952).

They did not kick a field goal that season. (or "They scored only TDs all season")

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread