What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NFL Offseason Questions (1 Viewer)

Spiderman

Footballguy
In no particular order:

1) Will Ricky Williams be traded this off-season, and to whom ? Are the Denver Broncos really interested in Williams ?

2) Where does Terrell Owens end up ? Does he get a 1 year, incentive laden deal, and does he behave for at least 1 season OR until he gets a multi year deal ?

3) Do both Drew Brees and Phillip Rivers remain in SD ?

4) Does **** Jauron, with no QB in Buffalo - just like in Chicago, fall on his face ?

5) Who is the Jets starting QB next season ?

6) Can Dennis Green build a winning team in Arizona ?

7) Where does Edgerrin James play next season ?

8) Does Shaun Alexander get a long-term deal with Seattle ?

9) Where does Randel El and Eric Moulds (and other free agent WR's not named Owens) play next season ?

10) Does Brett Favre play next season ? If so, who's his RB ? Is this a total rebuilding project ?

11) Can Carolina add/develop another offensive threat not named Steve Smith ?

12) Is Mike Vick the answer in Atlanta ? How much blame do his WR's get for his lack of development ?

13) Was the Bears defense really that good, or was it exposed in the playoffs ?

14) Who is the Lions starting QB next season ? Do they add a veteran WR to their young/unproven players at that position ?

15) Are Ray Lewis and Chris McAlister really on the trade block ?

16) Will the Bengals acquire some defensive help ?

17) Who will be the Redskins/Bengals/Vikings opening day starting QB ? How about at mid-season ?

18) Who do the Saints draft - Leinart or Young ?

19) Have the Colts peaked ?

20) How do the Eagles go about regrouping after this seasons disaster ?

21) Which young QB - Eli Manning, Chris Simms, Rex Grossman, Byron Leftwich, David Carr - will improve the most next season ?

22) Can Pittsburgh repeat ?

23) Which teams are on the way up/down ?

24) Do the Patriots acquire another RB or does Corey Dillon retain his job ?

25) Which current assistant coach will become the next good/great head coach ?

26) As this season concludes, what's the best NFL Franchise ? How about the worst - for both, taking into account, the franchise as a whole.

1) Denver for a 4th.

2) Denver/Dallas or KC

3) Yes

4) Yes, bad hire 6-10.

5) Who cares (Sorry..they are going to suck)

6) They will improve slightly...need a RB (8-8)

7) Minnesota/Arizona my guess

8) Yes..not going anywhere

9) RE-Washinton/ EM-Philly

10) He retires..imo

11) Looking for a rb also.

12) Unknown/Unknown

13) It was really good...had a terrible game plan for Car (Too cocky)

14) Joey or Cutler

15) For the right price..yes

16) They would be smart to....LB's???

17) Pass

18) Leinhart no question.

19) Yes, will lose some key pieces this off season.

20) Through the draft like they always do

21) Hate to say it...but I'll go Eli.

22) Very doubtful...I'll say no.

23) Up (Miami/Dallas/Den/KC..........Down Indy/Atl/GB/Philly

24) CD is back

25) I like the Detroit hire

26) ????????????

I think the biggest question that not enough people are talking about is how the climate is between the owners and the NFLPA and how likely they are at getting a new CBA ironed out. It's currently not a pretty situation and could get out and out ugly in the very near future.

With Givens most likely a goner don't be surprised to see the Pats make a major play for either El or Moulds. Like the Steelers the Pats can definetly use ARE's verstality to its fullest. They also need to upgrade their return game. Moulds would be a nice big target to compliment Branch.

I think the biggest question that not enough people are talking about is how the climate is between the owners and the NFLPA and how likely they are at getting a new CBA ironed out. It's currently not a pretty situation and could get out and out ugly in the very near future.
Bingo!I watched Tagliabue's State of the NFL press conference, and the only place that Tags agreed with Gene Upshaw was that they both thought iwas going terribly bad.

Tags thought it was like 1 step forward and 2 steps back

Upshaw thought 1 forward and 5 steps back

I think eveyone "knows" the CBA's gotta get done, but it's gonna get pretty tense if tis drags on longer.

I think the biggest question that not enough people are talking about is how the climate is between the owners and the NFLPA and how likely they are at getting a new CBA ironed out.  It's currently not a pretty situation and could get out and out ugly in the very near future.
Bingo!I watched Tagliabue's State of the NFL press conference, and the only place that Tags agreed with Gene Upshaw was that they both thought iwas going terribly bad.

Tags thought it was like 1 step forward and 2 steps back

Upshaw thought 1 forward and 5 steps back

I think eveyone "knows" the CBA's gotta get done, but it's gonna get pretty tense if tis drags on longer.
It will get done. Upshaw has been accused of being too easy and rolling over in the past. He needs to give off the appearance of at least being a tough negotiator. The other aspect of this is the owners have to iron out some revenue details amongst themselves.

1) Right now I think it will be Denver

2) I think Owens will be a Buc come next offseason and yes I think he will get an incentive laden deal and he could behave for one year Im not sure if he could be good for anymore then that.

3) Yes makes no sense to trade Rivers right now.

4) Im might be one of the only Losman fans still left but I don't care who the Qb is Jauron will be fired in two years.

5) Chad will start not sure who will finish the season I would lean towards Kitna or McNown.

6) I think he can but Im not sure he will do it next year which is his final year in Arizona IMO.

7) Right now I think this is the hardest question to answer but I will guess and say Minnesota.

8) Yes and he should be the 2nd highest paid rb behind only LT.

9) Randel El to the Bears and Moulds to the Skins even though I would like to see one of them go to my Eagles.

10) Favre will once again drag his great name thru the mud throwing 35 INT's. I think GB will use Gado and I could see them adding a rb like Calhoun in the draft.

11) I think Delhomme needs to spread the ball around more I think Colbert and Drew are more then capable if they just looked their way every once in a while

12) Vick is the problem for Atlanta's bad passing not the Wr. Im not saying Vick should be benched because he does win but he doesn't have the accuracy to win it now.

13) The Bears defensive is good but they weren't as great as they looked. I think they add some secondary help this offseason.

14) I think McNown comes to Detroit and wins the starting job.

15) They might be on the block but I don't see Lewis being traded as for McCallister he could be for the right price. I think both stay for another season.

16) They will draft defense for sure and I could see them adding a Fa but not a huge name.

17) Brunell, Griese, Johnson Cambell, Palmer, Culpepper

18) Leinart

19) No they will be one of the best teams to choke in the playoffs again next year.

20) Adding Rocky Bernard and another pass rushing DE

21) Carr if the Texans are smart enough to trade down and take Ferguson at 4

22) They have as good a chance as anyone but I would bet against it.

23) Miami, Eagles / Seattle

24)Lendale White but I think Dillon will be kept for this year

25) I like Kubiak but Im not sure any of them will be great and Jauron will be the first of this group to be fired.

26) The best the Steelers even before this SB they have had the loyalty to let Cowher stay when everyone else wanted him out. Rooney might say a lot of stupid things but he cares and I can't think of any real jerks that played for this franchise. The Lions the worse Im only 33 but I can't recall a great Lions team and it seems to be getting worse.

I'm rather curious as to how the Colts are going to handle their upcoming free agency issues. Re-signing Dwight Freeney and Reggie Wayne seem to be priorities 1 and 1A in Indy, so where does that leave the Edge?

Edge by his own admission doesn't believe that he will return to the Colts, and his first choice (Miami) is no longer an option with Ricky and Ronnie down there. I doubt that they franchise him; my guess is that they'll sign Wayne, and franchise Freeney.

Users who are viewing this thread