What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NFL pouring salt in Bronco Fans wounds (1 Viewer)

moleculo

Footballguy
Still smarting from last years playoff loss. I flew halfway across the country to sit in 8 degrees, double OT game, to see the Broncos lose in horrific fashion.

Now, the very QB who put the Broncos down has his picture hanging on the outside of the stadium, and posters hanging up downtown.

WTF?

This is an outrage, and will not be taken lightly.

Still smarting from last years playoff loss. I flew halfway across the country to sit in 8 degrees, double OT game, to see the Broncos lose in horrific fashion.

Now, the very QB who put the Broncos down has his picture hanging on the outside of the stadium, and posters hanging up downtown.

WTF?

Ha, oh man, that is an outrage. I agree, you should get a posse together and tear it the hell down.

Sorry, I posted that too soon. Can I try again?

They tried putting up a Rahim Moore banner first, but it fell down and left everything uncovered.

I think that one's better.

If the Broncos had simply managed to do something other than one-and-done in the playoffs there wouldn't be an issue.

WTF?

My first reaction was why is a picture of Manning a big surprise?

Last edited by a moderator:

WTF?

My first reaction was why is a picture of Manning a big surprise?
That's crass.

lol

WTF?

Have they done this at other Thursday night season openers? Anyone know?

WTF?

Not likely, since every other time the Super Champion has hosted the first game. The Ravens couldn't get the Orioles to move their game on Thursday.

WTF?

Not likely, since every other time the Super Champion has hosted the first game. The Ravens couldn't get the Orioles to move their game on Thursday.
So last year they didn't have big banners of one of the Giants/Cowboys players?

WTF?

I thought you meant have they ever committed a similar outrage to the host as this is to the Broncos. I have no idea if they had big banners of players before.

John Fox (in todays presser) said something along the lines of, "yeah, there was another billboard a couple years ago that no one paid attention to either."

WTF?

I thought you meant have they ever committed a similar outrage to the host as this is to the Broncos. I have no idea if they had big banners of players before.
If they have huge banners of players from both teams for every season opener then it's no big deal.

After hearing the NFL guy saying, they have never done this before and is was because the ravens couldn't open at home and acting like the NFL was doing Denver a favor in one of our home games.

I hope someone tagges it.

so you have no problems with the nfl hanging huge banners of the other teams players on your teams stadium during your teams home games?

I have no problem if the NFL wants to put a picture of another teams player, on the outside of the stadium, for the opening night of the NFL season, when a large portion of the free world will either be watching on TV or attending in person.

Huge financial gain for the city of Denver and the Broncos franchise. All for the cost of one picture.

Please list the financial gains Denver gets. All TV money is equally shared and Denver has sold out 300 some games in a row no matter who they play. So I'm not seeing it.

Hotels, rental cars, restaurants, etc. Not just the normal Sunday afternoon game. But, the extra media coverage because it is the 1st game and the only game on that day.

so you have no problems with the nfl hanging huge banners of the other teams players on your teams stadium during your teams home games?
Bias much?

I have no problem if the NFL wants to put a picture of another teams player, on the outside of the stadium, for the opening night of the NFL season, when a large portion of the free world will either be watching on TV or attending in person.

Huge financial gain for the city of Denver and the Broncos franchise. All for the cost of one picture.
Correct ^

Please list the financial gains Denver gets. All TV money is equally shared and Denver has sold out 300 some games in a row no matter who they play. So I'm not seeing it.
You can't be serious. Do you even know how the real world works?

Hotels, rental cars, restaurants, etc. Not just the normal Sunday afternoon game. But, the extra media coverage because it is the 1st game and the only game on that day.
This.

That many people coming to see the game is a huge influx of cash to the local economy.

That would still happen without the banner and a few extra media types in town is not a huge financial gain. This game was always going to be a Bronco home game so it probably would have been a Sunday night game.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2012/12/31/2013-team-opponents/1801601/

Bias much?

Correct ^

This.

That many people coming to see the game is a huge influx of cash to the local economy.
What extra people? A few more media types? It's not like lots and lots of people are going to come to Denver just for this game.

Bias much?

Correct ^

This.

What extra people? A few more media types? It's not like lots and lots of people are going to come to Denver just for this game.
I understand you are a fan and can't see past it being a simple banner of an opposing player. I expect it, to a degree, from any fan.

However, you are completely underestimating the value of this opening game. I would bet you can already see people showing up in the city that wouldn't be there. It will be a week long event. Once the preseason games end on Thursday, all the attention will shift to the 6 days leading up to Denver.

Heck, just the guys that put that banner up. They wouldn't have been there for a Broncos game on Sunday (whether it was the afternoon or the night game)

As a fan that lives hours away from any NFL team (and even farther from my favorite team) I'm trying to keep from telling you to shut the F up. Life could be much worse then a freekin' banner.

Bias much?

Correct ^

This.

I understand you are a fan and can't see past it being a simple banner of an opposing player. I expect it, to a degree, from any fan.

However, you are completely underestimating the value of this opening game. I would bet you can already see people showing up in the city that wouldn't be there. It will be a week long event. Once the preseason games end on Thursday, all the attention will shift to the 6 days leading up to Denver.

Heck, just the guys that put that banner up. They wouldn't have been there for a Broncos game on Sunday (whether it was the afternoon or the night game)

As a fan that lives hours away from any NFL team (and even farther from my favorite team) I'm trying to keep from telling you to shut the F up. Life could be much worse then a freekin' banner.
You know dude I'm not alone here on this. It's on all the news that's all they talk about on sports talk radio. The Bronco fans are pissed not just me.

Bias much?

Correct ^

This.

You know dude I'm not alone here on this. It's on all the news that's all they talk about on sports talk radio. The Bronco fans are pissed not just me.
Of course all the Bronco fans are pissed. They're Bronco fans. Just like you, they can't see past the fact that Denver gained monetarily and competitively from hosting this game. The only compensation Denver is giving in return is a banner.

You make that statement as if a group of people can't be wrong.

Bias much?

Correct ^

This.

Of course all the Bronco fans are pissed. They're Bronco fans. Just like you, they can't see past the fact that Denver gained monetarily and competitively from hosting this game. The only compensation Denver is giving in return is a banner.

You make that statement as if a group of people can't be wrong.
You would think then that someone from the city/broncos would be pointing out all these great monetarily gains this banner/game brings to the city then wouldn't you. But so far no one from either the city or broncos are. So far only the guys who don't live here are.

This will be the ugliest, most humiliating loss for a defending SB champion since the NFL instituted the traditional mid-week, season-opening game.

Users who are viewing this thread