What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NFL Votes to Expand Playoffs (1 Viewer)

Couch Potato

Footballguy
NFL | Teams vote to expand postseason teams

Sat, 1 April 2006 11:03:01 -0800

The previously-tabled proposal to expand the NFL playoff field came to a vote today via teleconference, with owners approving by a vote of 30 to 2 the inclusion of additional playoff teams. Chiefs president and general manager Carl Peterson said, "We wanted more teams because of the revenue implications for TV, whether it goes on the networks or the NFL Network, and needed to accelerate the vote so that TV scedules could be worked out for the 2006 season." Atlanta Falcons president Rich McKay added that while the original proposal had been for 14 teams, discussion of the financial success of the NCAA tournament led to changing the proposal to include all 32 teams.

The 2 dissenting votes were by Cincinnati and Buffalo. Bengals' owner Mike Brown said, "Every time we make the playoffs, players want more money. So I voted no." Bills' owner Ralph Wilson said "It's a very complex proposal and I really didn't understand it. I didn't think I was a dropout but maybe I am."

Last edited by a moderator:
Where is the "April Fools" on this one? This has got to be the most tiring schtick ever.

Where is the "April Fools" on this one? This has got to be the most tiring schtick ever.
Now, what would be the fun of putting 'April Fools' in the title and killing the plausibility from the start?As for whether it's tiring, hey, it's once a year. Don't take life so seriously all the time.

EDIT - I see the mods added the April Fools. BOOOOOOOOOOO!! :P :D

Now, what would be the fun of putting 'April Fools' in the title and killing the plausibility from the start?As for whether it's tiring, hey, it's once a year. Don't take life so seriously all the time.

EDIT - I see the mods added the April Fools. BOOOOOOOOOOO!! :P :D
They've done that to a number of threads already today. That's why I called it a tiring schtick.

Users who are viewing this thread