What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Nick Bosa Deletes Pro Trump - Anti Kaepernick Tweets (1 Viewer)

I strongly agree on all counts.  What do I care if a 22 year-old football player has a different political ideology than I do?
One would think that @IvanKaramazov  But this is 2019 and things are different now. We have a whole thread about how wearing a candidate's campaign slogan is offensive. 

Last edited by a moderator:
As someone that is pro-America/pro-Trump apparently like Bosa, I understand why he deleted the comments.  One overly sensitive GM or whiner fan base could cause him to drop a spot or two and cost him some money.  These are rough times   
or the thought police....eerr i mean Twitter might ban him 

On second thought, I think this Bosa story is actually a pretty big deal.  He's way too risky for any sensible team to take him anywhere in the top eight picks of the draft.

IvanKaramazov said:
The Future Champs said:
I'm a dedicated anti-Trumper, but I'd give him a pass on this without question.   Joe, your friend needs to take a step back and reevaluate.
I strongly agree on all counts.  What do I care if a 22 year-old football player has a different political ideology than I do?
If the player's ideology included things like birtherism, contrails, anti-vax pseudoscience, and "jet fuel can't melt steel", then I would be seriously concerned about the player's cognitive abilities. It might not be a dealbreaker for me, but it would certainly be a red flag.

If the player's ideology included things like birtherism, contrails, anti-vax pseudoscience, and "jet fuel can't melt steel", then I would be seriously concerned about the player's cognitive abilities. It might not be a dealbreaker for me, but it would certainly be a red flag.
Huh? Those things have nothing to do with understanding play calling, responsibilities on the field, and what that player can do to help a team. Wasn’t there a pro athlete that recently said the world is flat? Who cares...it doesn’t affect what he can do to help the team.

Similar to the arguement that some make about people who believe in creationism can't possibly become doctors or scientists because they reject science.   If you are worried about their science ability or football ability, judge them on that.   Those skills are demonstratable.  

Obviously a trump supporter can not possibly have good enough cognitive abilities to be a good football player or lead a team.   /Tom Brady.  

Isaac Newton was basically insane when it came to Bible Code stuff, but that didn't mean he couldn't do math or physics. Bosa might be a little slow when it comes to politics, but that doesn't mean he can't play football.

Can he tackle the ball-carrier?  If so, I don't care if he thinks that Bush did 9/11, as long as he's on my team.

Why do you write posts like this? What’s your purpose here? 
Why don't you ask the person who questioned a person's cognative abilities and ability to have the respect of his black teammates?   You act like I brought these points up out of the blue.     

Why don't you ask the person who questioned a person's cognative abilities and ability to have the respect of his black teammates?   You act like I brought these points up out of the blue.     
I have no idea how any of that justifies your post. 

Tim, why do you ask questions you already know the answer to and are surely well aware you won't get an honest response to?
Frustration. Jon constantly whines that he and other conservatives here are mistreated, ganged up on, ridiculed, etc. There is not a single person in this forum who complains as much as jon mx does. And then he writes posts like this- designed to what? Troll? Piss people off? I have no idea. 

It is a sad day in America when someone is not allowed to support the president publicly or risk having his life ruined by hateful fascists.
Nick Bosa is about to be the No. 2 pick in the draft and earn millions of dollars. If he deleted any tweets that was his decision, and he did it because he was worried about the (unlikely) possibility that he might fall a couple spots in the draft and earn a million or two less than he would have otherwise. No one's life is being ruined.

Also, the irony and lack of self-awareness in Trump supporters complaining about celebrities saying offensive things will never stop being funny.

Is this the original post you’re referring to jon? I don’t agree with it because it confuses intellectual thinking with athletic thinking. Muhammad Ali was a very smart athlete and a pretty dumb guy (though courageous.) But Scooters comment was hardly offensive. 

If you're going to tell people what they should post, I think you've got a lot of others to start with before Jon's post.  Just saying.
As a general rule I try not do this. 

But jon is a special case. I know you tend to agree with him politically, but surely you acknowledge he is the biggest whiner on the board, right? 

Obviously a trump supporter can not possibly have good enough cognitive abilities to be a good football player or lead a team.   /Tom Brady.  
Do we actually know that Brady is a supporter? We know they're friends, and I guess he had a MAGA hat in his locker at one point, but (unlike Belichick) I'm not aware of him ever actually declaring his support or making a public donation.

I don't care, and it wouldn't affect my opinion of him one way or another, but I'm just curious how much we know. It sounds like whatever his beliefs, he has very deliberately kept them close to the vest.

As a general rule I try not do this. 

But jon is a special case. I know you tend to agree with him politically, but surely you acknowledge he is the biggest whiner on the board, right? 
Nah, not even close.  But at least you admit you think you're the self-appointed board cop of perceived whiners.  Remember that next time you whine about people replying to sho's stupid schtick, for example.

Nah, not even close.  But at least you admit you think you're the self-appointed board cop of perceived whiners.  Remember that next time you whine about people replying to sho's stupid schtick, for example.
I was not whining at all.  Tim was in fact whining about me whining instead of addressing my point.   

The fact is this board looks down on Trump supporters as inferior, typically viewed as dumb and bigoted.  Their position can be rationalized, but it is very disrespectful and is of the same logic that most all bigoted views are derived.   Is it not considered bigoted to racially profile?  But yet their are plenty of stats which rationalize that.  All bigoted views can be rationalized sometimes even by very legitimate stats.   But it does not make it right because most often these prejudiced judgements are wrong when applied to an individual.

Disrespect of Trump supporters in my view just continues the endless cycle.   It seems perfectly acceptable here, but to question such disrespect is to 'whine'.   

Tim, why do you ask questions you already know the answer to and are surely well aware you won't get an honest response to?

eta: see above
I love how people's opinions on this forum are dismissed as dishonest and/or whining.   It is pure trolling by both of you.  

The offensive post is the one which suggest being a Trump supporter questions ability and leadership.   That is offensive. 
If you're referring to my post then you're way off the mark and inferring things that aren't there. I never said anything about Trump supporters.

If you're referring to my post then you're way off the mark and inferring things that aren't there. I never said anything about Trump supporters.
Kind of revealing that you talked about birthers, anti-vaxxers and chemtrails and he just assumed you were referring to Trump supporters.  :lol:

I think it's just a smart PR move my Bosa.  If you want to make a brand for yourself and cater to as many fans and sponsors as possible it's usually best to stay away from making political comments on social media.
The Jordan mantra of "Republicans buy shoes too"

he also has to consider his teammates and how they will look at him knowing he's a Trump supporter.  in a locker room of majority African American players, supporting a racist isn't going to get you off on the right foot.  players have never really had to deal with this before because it wasn't a big deal to support GWB or Clinton or whoever.  that's all changed with Trump. 
Didn't he have lots of black teammates at Ohio State? 

Those  bluegrass artists would totally embarrassh any rapper, hip hopper. Punkster when it came to talent.

But...that is for another thread.
At playing the banjo, most certainly. Not so much when it comes to the drums. 

On second thought, I think this Bosa story is actually a pretty big deal.  He's way too risky for any sensible team to take him anywhere in the top eight picks of the draft.
I think you mean top 7. 

I definitely am not going to think too highly of anybody supportive of this clown show, personally, but if he can do the football bring him on.

Kind of revealing that you talked about birthers, anti-vaxxers and chemtrails and he just assumed you were referring to Trump supporters.  :lol:
Seriously. Anybody who pays attn around here knows he meant Mr. Ham pre 2015.

Obviously a rookie board member. 

Agree it makes sense - millions are on the line for him.  What makes even more sense is to not post things to begin with and/or have someone filter what you say.  This forum is the only place I post/share on the internet and it's anonymous - I have no doubt that nobody cares about my opinion and even if they did I wouldn't share it non-stop on every topic.  It just seems crazy to me.
Call me an old man, but in public and with family, neighbors and friends I stick with the old gentleman’s “don’t talk politics, money or religion”. Same goes for online (except this anonymous forum of course).

Call me an old man, but in public and with family, neighbors and friends I stick with the old gentleman’s “don’t talk politics, money or religion”. Same goes for online (except this anonymous forum of course).
Like it or don't, this is the age of social media. I have relatives that would never discuss politics, race or religion at a family get together, but have no hesitancy in stating their opinion on Facebook (my nephew was big on the Jade Helm conspiracy).

Young people in particular these days are expressing their opinion and views on Twitter or Instagram, and many are seemingly oblivious (as are some adults) of how their statements may come back and bite them years down the road and negatively impact their lives and career.

Like it or don't, this is the age of social media. I have relatives that would never discuss politics, race or religion at a family get together, but have no hesitancy in stating their opinion on Facebook (my nephew was big on the Jade Helm conspiracy).

Young people in particular these days are expressing their opinion and views on Twitter or Instagram, and many are seemingly oblivious (as are some adults) of how their statements may come back and bite them years down the road and negatively impact their lives and career.
The second part of your reply is precisely why this unwritten rule was created (as you well know). The whole bite-in-the-### thing.

Users who are viewing this thread